Jews and True Christians worship exactly the same God

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Jews and True Christians worship exactly the same God

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JehovahsWitness wrote: True Christians (that hold to the beliefs and teaching of Jesus and the first century congregation) worship exactly the same God as the Jews. YHWH (Yaweh or in English "Jehovah").
Questions for debate:
  1. Did Jews and Jesus worship exactly the same God?
  2. Did Jews and the first century Christians worship exactly the same God?
  3. Did the first century congregation worship exactly the same God as most modern Christians?
  4. Do Jews and most modern Christians worship exactly the same God?
  5. [bonus question] Is the god of Islam the same God or a different one?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Slopeshoulder »

I'll say yes to all. They affirmed belief in the same God.
But they clearly disagreed on what this God was.
Maybe that clarifies some confusion.

BTW, I don't think calling a point of view a lie is helpful. Nor is LOLing at people. Can we be more civil? If not, let me know because there's a few nasty dumb sumbiches I'm ready to let loose on.

kourvoisier
Under Probation

Re: Jews and True Christians worship exactly the same God

Post #12

Post by kourvoisier »

Did Jews and Jesus worship exactly the same God?
Pharisees, Sadducees, etc. didn't quite have it all correct. Jesus was letting them know the correct way to do things, but with that being said at the end of the day the Jews appeared to worshipping the father of Abraham. Jesus being the son i would have to answer yes to this question.
Did Jews and the first century Christians worship exactly the same God?
The first christians were all Jews so the Christian of today is not the same as the as the Christian during the 1st couple of centuries. In all honesty Paul himself was a Jew and a christian... so Jew and Christian during this time was the same thing... I answer yes to this question.
Did the first century congregation worship exactly the same God as most modern Christians?
No most modern Christians worship the false Christ. You must worship in truth John 4:23-24. False Christ being Blonde hair blue eyes... This is a lie, this is deception. The argument most say is Jesus color doesnt matter. I always answer this question with "Every intelligent person knows Jesus color didnt matter, but try telling that to the people who have these false images in their head" Why do we have all these blonde hair blue eyes Jesus's all over the place if his color didnt matter??? It obviously matters to some people...

The early Christian didnt worship this guy, This is a joke --> Image

So No to this answer different Gods being worshipped at this point...
Do Jews and most modern Christians worship exactly the same God?
So called Jews are imposters... and modern Christians go around saying Jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins! This is another lie. According to the bible the definition of sin is transgression of the law. So the only way you could sin is if knew about the law... The only people who had and knew the law was the "Children of Israel" we know this because of Moses and Mt Sanai... So Jesus died for the Children of Israel... so this lie being taught by modern christian's is nonsense and you people need to learn the bible.

Is the god of Islam the same God or a different one?
Simple bible history. Abraham had 2 sons one by his wife who was Isaac and one by his slave/maid in which was Ismael.... Islam comes from Ismael.

God chose the descendants of Isaac to be his chosen not Ismael... Ismael descendants didnt receive any laws and commandments, they didnt know how to live according to the Most High... Know body did but the Israelites, who failed time and time again...[/quote]

cnorman18

Post #13

Post by cnorman18 »

kourvoisier wrote:
So called Jews are imposters...
You have made this claim several times. Are you going to back it up?

If you present something as a FACT, as you have this claim, several times, you need something more than your own unsupported opinion and your own unsupported (and bizarre) Biblical interpretation to support it. Do you have anything, or do you not? Let's see your sources... and see if you can find someting besides equally unsupported YouTube rants from some unknown nobody.

sarabellum

exactly the same god

Post #14

Post by sarabellum »

on paper the answer might be yes...
same god....

although the concept of what god is seems to be different from group to group....

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: exactly the same god

Post #15

Post by McCulloch »

sarabellum wrote: on paper the answer might be yes...
same god....

although the concept of what god is seems to be different from group to group....
There are differences between Christian groups about the concept of God. There are ancient and modern non-trinitarian Christians, do they worship a different god or do they worship the same god, with a different concept?
Gospel of John

sarabellum

members of the abrahamic faith

Post #16

Post by sarabellum »

they all are trying to play the same game.....
(the rules of the game vary by region and sometimes are contradictory)

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by McCulloch »

Here is the thing, all of the monotheists claim that there is only one God. Many go as far as to say that there could only be one God. So when any of them refer to God, it would seem to me that they are making reference to the same entity. But some of them claim that the others are not talking about the same thing, that what they are referring to isn't God at all.

So, for the monotheists, the question is are the monotheists in camps other than yours seeing a false god or are they seeing the true god falsely?
Gospel of John

cnorman18

Post #18

Post by cnorman18 »

McCulloch wrote:Here is the thing, all of the monotheists claim that there is only one God. Many go as far as to say that there could only be one God. So when any of them refer to God, it would seem to me that they are making reference to the same entity. But some of them claim that the others are not talking about the same thing, that what they are referring to isn't God at all.

So, for the monotheists, the question is are the monotheists in camps other than yours seeing a false god or are they seeing the true god falsely?
Well, I don't think anyone could answer that question but God Himself, and it's become pretty apparent that He's not saying. Every camp thinks it's seeing the true God and that the others are wrong in one way or another; the "conservatives" say they're seeing a false God, the "liberals" that it's the same God but there are errors on the details. And without an impartial Judge who has access to the True Facts, that's as far as we can go.

Jrosemary
Sage

Post #19

Post by Jrosemary »

I'm going to ignore the historical questions and just throw in my two cents about our present situation:

Jews, Christians and Muslims all understand themselves (or at least understand their respective religions) as worshipping the G-d of Abraham. But we have different takes on that G-d. Judaism and Islam are more radically monotheistic, with no concept of a Trinity. But believing in the Trinity shouldn't get you kicked out of the 'Abrahamic faith club'--nor should it get you kicked out of the monotheistic club. (Trinitarian monotheism is just not hardcore monotheism, that's all. ;) ) Meanwhile, considering all that we share, I think there is (or should be) a strong bond between all three religions.

And as far as our different takes on G-d go, I'd appeal to the Jewish concept of 'Ain Sof.' (Although this concept is found in many other religions.) The Ain Sof is sort of an acknowledgment that ultimately G-d that is neither this nor that; that we can never fully articulate or categorize G-d. So, in my view, we might as well minimize our arguments over our different takes on the divine. :-k

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by McCulloch »

kourvoisier wrote: Pharisees, Sadducees, etc. didn't quite have it all correct. Jesus was letting them know the correct way to do things, but with that being said at the end of the day the Jews appeared to worshiping the father of Abraham. Jesus being the son i would have to answer yes to this question.
This is a bit presumptuous. According to the revised theology of the Christians, the Pharisees did not quite have it all correct. According to rabbinical Judaism, the Pharisees were on the right path.
kourvoisier wrote: The first christians were all Jews so the Christian of today is not the same as the as the Christian during the 1st couple of centuries. In all honesty Paul himself was a Jew and a christian... so Jew and Christian during this time was the same thing... I answer yes to this question.
Paul claims to have been a Jew and a Jewish scholar. There are many who, for very good reason, dispute his claim. The Christians who followed the teachings of Paul's theology were soon recognized by the Jews as being a new and different religion.
kourvoisier wrote: No, most modern Christians worship the false Christ.
You, of course, have some evidence upon which to base this charge. Right?
kourvoisier wrote: Christ being Blonde hair blue eyes... This is a lie, this is deception.
I am not convinced that any church is dogmatic about the long blond hair and blue eyes. In fact, if Paul is to be believed about hair length, then Jesus would have had short hair.
kourvoisier wrote: The argument most say is Jesus' color doesn't matter.
It depends on how literalist you are. For Jesus to be relevant, should he not be portrayed as being from your own culture?
kourvoisier wrote: So called Jews are imposters.
Thank you for that insight. Now please explain what you mean and the basis for this charge.
kourvoisier wrote: modern Christians go around saying Jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins! This is another lie. According to the bible the definition of sin is transgression of the law. So the only way you could sin is if knew about the law... The only people who had and knew the law was the "Children of Israel" we know this because of Moses and Mt Sanai... So Jesus died for the Children of Israel... so this lie being taught by modern christian's is nonsense and you people need to learn the bible.
You mean the book which contains
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
:?:
Gospel of John