Hello! I would say something clever,

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Dr Strangelove
Student

Hello! I would say something clever,

Post #1

Post by Dr Strangelove »

As you have probably noticed already, I'm the newest member of the A room, so I would like to introduce myself.

I'm 15 years old, live in Central Illinois, and I am an atheist (gasp.) I am hoping that my limited education doesn't handicap me on these forums, but I surprise myself with how much I know that hasn't been taught to me and how well I grasp concepts. In addition, I can't introduce myself worth crap and I will be posting regularly around here, so see you all around.

Edit: Feel free to ask any questions about me if you wish.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Hello! I would say something clever,

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

Dr Strangelove wrote:As you have probably noticed already, I'm the newest member of the A room, so I would like to introduce myself.

I'm 15 years old, live in Central Illinois, and I am an atheist (gasp.) I am hoping that my limited education doesn't handicap me on these forums, but I surprise myself with how much I know that hasn't been taught to me and how well I grasp concepts. In addition, I can't introduce myself worth crap and I will be posting regularly around here, so see you all around.

Edit: Feel free to ask any questions about me if you wish.
Welcome strangelove. I was 15 years old thirty years or so ago. Oh how I wish I knew now as much as I thought I knew then.
Two small pieces of advice for you from this old guy:
  1. Don't be too absolutely sure of yourself. Wisdom can come from the most unexpected quarter.
  2. There is a guy here, Al Alyeti, who seems to equate atheism with stalinism. Your choice of avatar may act as a red flag.

starseyer
Student

Re: Hello! I would say something clever,

Post #3

Post by starseyer »

McCulloch wrote:[*]There is a guy here, Al Alyeti, who seems to equate atheism with stalinism. Your choice of avatar may act as a red flag. [/list]
I wouldn't worry too much about what Al thinks of your avatar.

Al Alyeti also thought that the avatar of one guy on the forum was a terrorist suicide bomber, when it was really a picture of the guy in Egypt using a scarf to protect himself from the sun #-o

AlAlyeti said:
Bernee,

That little picture you display is not designed to cause fear? Looks a suicide bomber to me. I wish it didn't carry that connotation but it does.

bernee51 replied:
Not at all...the picture was taken in Egypt..it was a bright, windy day. The scarf and sunglasses were for the protection of my delicate skin.
EDIT: Here's the link to the thread in question:
http://www.debatex.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=60
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out. -- Richard Dawkins

-Mikel, the glad nongodian

starr
Student

I have a question-

Post #4

Post by starr »

You're about the same age as me.. when religion comes up at school (hopefully outside of the classroom) are you still openly atheist? I've noticed when debating in person I tend to lean towards agnosticism.

Vladd44
Sage

Post #5

Post by Vladd44 »

Iman Al Alyeti :whistle: is of the Pat Robertson Ilk, for him to attack you is almost a certain sign that you said something right. :lol:

Welcome Dr Strangelove.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[GOD] ‑ 1 Cor 13:11
WinMX, BitTorrent and other p2p issues go to http://vladd44.com