High Support Among American Jews for Same-Sex Marriage

To discuss Jewish topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jrosemary
Sage

High Support Among American Jews for Same-Sex Marriage

Post #1

Post by Jrosemary »

According to Pew Forum, 76% of American Jews support same-sex marriage, with just 18% opposed. You can see the poll here: http://pewforum.org/Gay-Marriage-and-Ho ... x#military

I'm not surprised. Even some of the die-hard Republicans in my shul support same-sex marriage. (Does that make them automatically Log Cabin Republicans?)

It's no secret that I'm a supporter of same-sex marriage, so I was happy to see these numbers. O:)

cnorman18

Post #11

Post by cnorman18 »

Lucia wrote:=D>

My favorite thing about Judaism is that, in my observation, most jews seem to take a "I have my morality, but I would never impose it on others" sort of approach. A large pro compared to many other religions, I must say.
When it comes to private morality, that's quite true; none of OUR business who you take in your bedroom and what you do there. But when it comes to matters like justice, human rights, and the law, you'll find us rather obnoxious.

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Lux »

cnorman18 wrote:When it comes to private morality, that's quite true; none of OUR business who you take in your bedroom and what you do there. But when it comes to matters like justice, human rights, and the law, you'll find us rather obnoxious.
Yes, I do so hate it when a group fights for the rights of a minority. Jerks!
[center]Image

© Divine Insight (Thanks!)[/center]

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.