Be a Vampire?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Squall
Student

Be a Vampire?

Post #1

Post by Squall »

So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?

sarabellum

Hi....

Post #51

Post by sarabellum »

First off, I'm a borderline germaphobe, so blood sucken is a tough sell for me.....

Secondly living forever takes a long time and I'm pretty sure I'd get bored before I was done.....

Disney Land loses it's appeal eventually...
:D

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Re: Hi....

Post #52

Post by Cathar1950 »

sarabellum wrote:First off, I'm a borderline germaphobe, so blood sucken is a tough sell for me.....

Secondly living forever takes a long time and I'm pretty sure I'd get bored before I was done.....

Don't be to hasty, the problem with germs is they make you sick and you die, problem solved, your dead.
Just because you are bored now doesn't mean after a few hundred years or so you might figure it out and try doing something with your largely germ immuned non-life.

sarabellum

Post #53

Post by sarabellum »

Cathar1950 wrote:
sarabellum wrote:First off, I'm a borderline germaphobe, so blood sucken is a tough sell for me.....

Don't be to hasty, the problem with germs is they make you sick and you die, problem solved, your dead.
Just because you are bored now doesn't mean after a few hundred years or so you might figure it out and try doing something with your largely germ immuned non-life.
I will need 37 independent scientific sources AND a note from your mother that vampires can not get germs...(At a minimum they get vampire germs, if not worse.)
Otherwise I'd appreciate you withdraw your vampire theory/statement relating to germs...
(But if you pinkey promise that will do...)

You are right...
The final heat death/collapse/armageddon/story of the time after time gives me hope that as a vampire I'd give it a high Nielsen rating....
At least it be fun to watch...

Overall.....

I'm still not sold on the vampire package...
Perhaps if there was a sun-roof thrown in?....

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #54

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Cathar1950 wrote:

I can think of no greater torture than immortality, watching your loved ones grow old and die...you would be alone in the most absolute of ways.

Luckily vampires can be destroyed according to myth and legend in one or two permanent ways involving sunlight and fire.

So if I was turned into vampire at least I could take cold comfort in the knowledge that I could choose to immolate myself with the application of petrol and a lighter or simply walk into the sun's gaze...end of vampiric existence.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #55

Post by Cathar1950 »

Serpent Oracle wrote:
Cathar1950 wrote:

I can think of no greater torture than immortality, watching your loved ones grow old and die...you would be alone in the most absolute of ways.

Luckily vampires can be destroyed according to myth and legend in one or two permanent ways involving sunlight and fire.

So if I was turned into vampire at least I could take cold comfort in the knowledge that I could choose to immolate myself with the application of petrol and a lighter or simply walk into the sun's gaze...end of vampiric existence.
One of the sorrows of living to a ripe old age is watching so many of your friends and loves ones die, at least you can take them with you provided they want to live with you forever, some might not like you that well and would rather perish in a blaze of sunshine.

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #56

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Cathar1950 wrote: One of the sorrows of living to a ripe old age is watching so many of your friends and loves ones die, at least you can take them with you provided they want to live with you forever, some might not like you that well and would rather perish in a blaze of sunshine.
Was it Jean paul Sartre who said hell was being trapped for eternity in a room with your friends?

But then he was french...

*drum roll and cymbal crash*

Thankyou thankyou I am here all night.

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Re: Be a Vampire?

Post #57

Post by Braveheart »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

No, Mr, Vampire, I am afraid I will not take you up on that, since it would damn my soul to hell, and besides, I'd have to drink diet blood.
I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc :2gun:

Peace if possible, truth at all costs.
Martin Luther

The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground
Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love
Rich Mullins

SomePunk
Scholar

Post #58

Post by SomePunk »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

Well the whole vampire thing seems kind of appealing especially if it is a female that will biting into my neck and taking my blood. I would let her have a good portion of it before becoming a full fledged vampire myself. But when it comes to not having sex, that just crosses the line. Vampires and sex go hand and hand. To say vampires can't have sex is to much like a rated PG, Christian, goody to-shoe vampire movie that saves Bambie from being killed by a hunter and humps a barney pillow at night because they are thankful they didn't get had.

lionel1020
Student

Post #59

Post by lionel1020 »

I'd say yes straight away, no problem. You don't have to kill anyone, there are blood banks all over the place. You could take your family with you if you really wanted to. Over time one would become a billionaire. Admittedly one would have to sleep during the day or at least stay covered but with money you could construct an enormous covered park with artificial lighting inside. Or cover the whole city! Or live on some exotic island, cover the whole island and you control the “daylight�
With time all becomes possible, you could literally take over the world if you wanted. Space flight would eventually become viable, you could explore the universe. Even at sub-light speeds you will live to complete your journey.

Why does everyone think of some hermit like figure living in a cold castle in Transylvania.

dusk
Sage

Post #60

Post by dusk »

Squall wrote: you could also never eat food or have sex ever again.
Why no sex?
Do your balls fall off or what. In fiction vampires are usually very sexually active. Hell the whole bite into the neck thing is said to be mostly a romantic/erotic thing.

No sex would really make me think? But otherwise I would definitely say yes.
If you are immortal, imagine all the books you can read, knowledge you can suck up. You be some seriously well educated guy. The whole blood sucking thing is solved easy enough. If you are an immortal guy it should be too hard to get a business going that earns enough money to pay people for blood donations.
Buy some Nestle shares and get them to do some blood synthesis work. May take a couple decades but they would figure it out eventually. Strawberry Blood, Blood Snickers, Blood Mars...
Also you stay young all your life and when it seems to last to long already you can still get yourself killed in some stupid stunt. Our evolutionary useful body are supposed to stay healthy until we breed some new brats and once that is done we stay around just long enough to get them to breed the next generation, all the staying alive past that is not need we simply do it because we can today. In theory if you knew enough stuff you could design a human that doesn't age that looses a limb and regrows it like a salamander. Being a Vampire would mean being an entirely different being. If you have enough time there are so many things one can do and once you run out of interesting stuff to do, you just watch a sunrise seems a quick death.