What would you say to the Almight?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Openmind
Sage

What would you say to the Almight?

Post #1

Post by Openmind »

One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

What would you say to God, if he allowed you a few minutes to sway him?

micatala
Site Supporter

Re: What would you say to the Almight?

Post #61

Post by micatala »

Moderator Formal Warning

HelloDollyLlama wrote:Give me a edited for content break. The whole point of debating religious philosophy is that we're allowed to call edited for contentt. And that goes double in the A Room: if we can't even call Christianity "bull" in the A Room, where can we do it? Anybody who is worried about getting their little feelings hurt should have stayed the edited out for content out in the first place.

McCulloch wrote:Moderator Warning
HelloDollyLlama wrote:If he pulls the "I am going to destroy you because you don't love me", then....that just proves my original point, that he is unworthy of worship, and all his crap about how he loves us and forgives us is bull. I'd rather burn with the "sinners" than spend all eternity kissing his ass. And the company would be better down there too.
Please review the Rules. Even in the A Room, all members are to be civil and respectful. Try to say what you need to say without metaphors involving defecation, human or bovine.

When the moderators feel the rules have been violated, a notice will frequently occur within the thread where the violation occurred, pointing out the violation and perhaps providing other moderator comments. Moderator warnings and comments are made publicly, within the thread, so that all members may see when and how the rules are being interpreted and enforced. However, note that any challenges or replies to moderator comments or warnings should be made via Private Message. This is so that threads do not get derailed into discussions about the rules.

HelloDollyLlama is free to participate in the forum if he or she is willing to follow the rules. The above is a blatant and repeated flouting of these rules. If you are unwilling to follow the rules of the forum then the simply answer is not to participate.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Hiipiäinen

Post #62

Post by Hiipiäinen »

Openmind wrote:What would you say to God, if he allowed you a few minutes to sway him?
"If you wanted us to worship you, why didn't make it obvious you're real and need worship instead of hiding behind vague predictions, sending your son to die painfully on a cross (and only letting a small percentage of people living then see that), instead of giving us real evidence of your existence? And now you're punishing us because you were too shy and/or lazy to show yourself? That's kinda childish, isn't it? Also, if you made us a self-portrait of yourself and gave us a brain to think with, don't you feel a bit embarrassed you didn't make our brain big enough to KNOW you're real instead of forcing us to just plain believe blindly?"

I need to take a deep breath.

Mister E
Student

Post #63

Post by Mister E »

I'd ask him why He deliberately made Himself logically impossible to make all morally good and productive, beneficial members of humanity not believe in Him.

I lol'd at HDL's "dialetic" as well.

Scotracer
Guru

Post #64

Post by Scotracer »

I'd have a few questions:

1. which god are you?

2. why so little evidence for your existence?

3. why is blind-belief better than physical evidence and reasoned logic?

4. why did you create a universe with none of the hallmarks of a created one?

5. why did you create nasal hair? It's just not pretty

Then be on my merry way.
Why Evolution is True
Universe from nothing

Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
- Christopher Hitchens

BwhoUR
Sage

Post #65

Post by BwhoUR »

[quote="Openmind"]One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God. quote]

I would have realized it already, but if he arrives as you describe above, I'd probably say "Holy Sh#%, you ARE real."

nogods
Student

Post #66

Post by nogods »

Openmind wrote:One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

Dude, marshmallow fluff. What were you thinking?

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #67

Post by Cathar1950 »

McCulloch wrote:
CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote:I am just giving you the message of islam . If you want to believe or you are free
I have removed CONVERTED TO ISLAM from the atheist group. You cannot be atheist and muslim at the same time. Converted, please try to abide by the rules and stop being so dishonest.
While I see no problem with Jews that are atheists it usually doesn't come about because of conversion. I see no reason why there shouldn't be atheist Christians or Muslims as long as they didn't convert.
Agnostics are a different matter as not knowing you could be ignorant in any religion.

Back to God, I would first try to get those in line first to ask the question first then I might say anything he or She wants me to say and being God and all that it seems they would just know what to say before I even asked.

My look I would be awe stuck and after it was over wonder why I didn't ask more questions. Maybe God is counting on that just to keep the line moving along.

Strider324
Banned
Banned

Post #68

Post by Strider324 »

I would not attempt to sway this vile entity. I would simply spit in his vain, egocentric, narcissistic, schizophrenic, sociopathic eye and make my merry way to Gehenna.
8-)
"Do Good for Good is Good to do. Spurn Bribe of Heaven and Threat of Hell"
- The Kasidah of Haji abdu al-Yezdi

Ragna
Guru

Post #69

Post by Ragna »

Openmind wrote:One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

If He's a vengeful deity it's quite banal to try to convince Him of anything, or else He'd be a foolish deity (something extremely unlikely).

But I would ask,

"What is the ultimate reason of your existence?
Why is your nature the way it is?
Do you have any objective way of determining you're not another creation?"

But surely that's projecting my own mortal-thinking into his divinity. I would still be interested in the answers, though.

Nilloc James
Site Supporter

Post #70

Post by Nilloc James »

I'd simply ask it if it thought sending me, a generally good person, to hell for my reasoning and logic is truely good.

If it says no I would then be allowed to enter.

If it says yes I wouldn't want to enter.