Does God exist?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Being1
Student

Does God exist?

Post #1

Post by Being1 »

In reading the various posts on this site, I have noticed that the subject of whether or not God exists comes up frequently.

The word exist comes from the Latin existere, which means to be manifest.
God cannot ever be manifest, because it is God that does the manifesting. Acts of God will be manifest, will come into existence. God, however will always be hidden. Its a pointless debate surely?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: Does God exist?

Post #2

Post by bernee51 »

Harrison wrote:In reading the various posts on this site, I have noticed that the subject of whether or not God exists comes up frequently.

God cannot ever be manifest, because it is God that does the manifesting. Acts of God will be manifest, will come into existence. God, however will always be hidden. Its a pointless debate surely?
Yes it is remarkable how the invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Sender
Sage

Post #3

Post by Sender »

Harrison wrote:In reading the various posts on this site, I have noticed that the subject of whether or not God exists comes up frequently.

Does Satan exist?

Being1
Student

Post #4

Post by Being1 »

Sender wrote: Does Satan exist?
That's a very good question

We'd have to start by defining what we mean by Satan.

For me Satan is the Lord of the human mind. After all, God and Satan were (are) good mates in essence because God is behind everything, so Satan cannot be greater. But Satan can be very powerful, manipulative and horrid...

What is your view?

Hugh
Apprentice

Does God exist?

Post #5

Post by Hugh »

God is a celebral essence ....

God is a psychological being to everyone, where to seek refuge in time of crisis and something to cling-on, a shelter of emotion when everything are down the limbo and desperation. God exist within the inner self of everyone and always within reach in time of needs to sustain emotional pain and depression and at this particular mode, God will surely prop and boost well being to overcome oddities and will cause to tackle everything with full strength and inspiration. In conclusive, God is everyone's strength and inspiration.

And satan is just a negative manifestion

Hugh
Apprentice

Does God exist?

Post #6

Post by Hugh »

God is a celebral essence ....

God is a psychological being to everyone, where to seek refuge in time of crisis and something to cling-on, a shelter of emotion when everything are down the limbo and desperation. God exist within the inner self of everyone and always within reach in time of needs to sustain emotional pain and depression and at this particular mode, God will surely prop and boost well being to overcome oddities and will cause to tackle everything with full strength and inspiration. In conclusive, God is everyone's strength and inspiration.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Hugh wrote:God is a celebral essence ....

Thank you Hugh. You have presented one point of view. Others disagree. Your vision of God is highly subjective. Many theists hold that God is not a celebral essence but an objective reality. How would you support your point of view against such a claim?

Hugh
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by Hugh »

Thanks McCulloch ...

The burden of proof is for those who does not believe that God is an essence... for celebral essence exist to prove ... unless one is dead.

Also see my new thread about the Origin of God.

Good day
Hugh

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Scrotum »

"Does God exist?"
Answer: No. Topic closed.

lifeisboring
Student

Post #10

Post by lifeisboring »

[quote="Being1"]In reading the various posts on this site, I have noticed that the subject of whether or not God exists comes up frequently. quote]

Humans have always wondered how the world began, or how humans were created. When they couldn't find an answer, they created: God.
If there's a God, then everything is so easily explained. God created the universe, the humans, and pretty much everything.