Opening people's eyes

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Mojo321
Student

Opening people's eyes

Post #1

Post by Mojo321 »

Recently it has come to my attention that printed items that are mass produced all have the same hidden word, sometimes repeated many times. The word is SEX.

Now I am a sane person, a catholic, well educated. At first, I had to prove to myself that I wasn't delusional. After I was conclusive, I decided to show a few people. The level of this SEX graffiti on virtually every printed media is astounding. And what I've found is, it is quite disturbing to people that I show it to.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this sort of imagery actually DOES anything to a persons subconscious . All I am saying is that it is there, it is provable, and so now what?

Is ignorance bliss?
Is SEX one of the "marks" of the beast ?
If it does nothing, then why fight it?
Why traumatize your friends And family over something that is so deeply ingrained in our production that it will be nearly impossible to defeat? And all for something that doesn't even do anything? (so why are they doing it?)

At first I was amused. Then, as I found more examples I became angry. It appeared as though advertisers were using SEX to sell everything from cereal to Prilosec OTC.

But then came the biggest shocker of all. It isn't only on Labels and advertising. It is in the wood grain pattern of my Formica countertops. In the swirled tile pattern in my bathroom. Now, I know you are starting to call me crazy. But like I said, I can prove it using the camera on my cell phone. I've shown my proof to a few people and now we are starting to go insane !

So the purpose of this post is to ask the question, is it better to be oblivious to this, or better to be outraged and start noticing it everywhere you go?

In terms of the movie The Matrix, do people want the blue pill or the red pill? This is real, folks.

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Re: Opening people's eyes

Post #2

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

Mojo321 wrote:Recently it has come to my attention that printed items that are mass produced all have the same hidden word, sometimes repeated many times. The word is SEX.

Now I am a sane person, a catholic, well educated. At first, I had to prove to myself that I wasn't delusional. After I was conclusive, I decided to show a few people. The level of this SEX graffiti on virtually every printed media is astounding. And what I've found is, it is quite disturbing to people that I show it to.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this sort of imagery actually DOES anything to a persons subconscious . All I am saying is that it is there, it is provable, and so now what?

Is ignorance bliss?
Is SEX one of the "marks" of the beast ?
If it does nothing, then why fight it?
Why traumatize your friends And family over something that is so deeply ingrained in our production that it will be nearly impossible to defeat? And all for something that doesn't even do anything? (so why are they doing it?)

At first I was amused. Then, as I found more examples I became angry. It appeared as though advertisers were using SEX to sell everything from cereal to Prilosec OTC.

But then came the biggest shocker of all. It isn't only on Labels and advertising. It is in the wood grain pattern of my Formica countertops. In the swirled tile pattern in my bathroom. Now, I know you are starting to call me crazy. But like I said, I can prove it using the camera on my cell phone. I've shown my proof to a few people and now we are starting to go insane !

So the purpose of this post is to ask the question, is it better to be oblivious to this, or better to be outraged and start noticing it everywhere you go?

In terms of the movie The Matrix, do people want the blue pill or the red pill? This is real, folks.
May I suggest the green pill

Risperdal
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

Mojo321
Student

Post #3

Post by Mojo321 »

Risperdal, huh. Listen, I'm not mentally ill. Like I said, it's provable. Whether or not you want to entertain the idea or not isn't my question. My question is, if I could show you unequivocally that such a thing exists all over your home and office and grocery store, do you want to know? Or do you want to remain oblivious to it? Based on your first answer, I'd say you would rather NOT know.

Put aside the actual claim I'm making and just for the sake of argument, pretend I'm right. Would you want to be shown the proof?

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Baz »

Personally I expect you are probably seeing inexplicable things that just aren’t there.
Can you show me exactly what you are seeing?
:whistle:
\"Give me a good question over a good answer anyday.\"

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Baz »

And welcome to the site.
:wave:

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

Mojo321 wrote:Risperdal, huh. Listen, I'm not mentally ill. Like I said, it's provable. Whether or not you want to entertain the idea or not isn't my question. My question is, if I could show you unequivocally that such a thing exists all over your home and office and grocery store, do you want to know? Or do you want to remain oblivious to it? Based on your first answer, I'd say you would rather NOT know.

Put aside the actual claim I'm making and just for the sake of argument, pretend I'm right. Would you want to be shown the proof?
I was mainly joking. If I thought you were truly loony tunes I would not have replied at all. When you get down to it, there are people here who make even more outrageous claims and expect to be believed without evidence. So what the heck, let's see some proof.

And welcome to our happy home. O:)
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

Mojo321
Student

Post #7

Post by Mojo321 »

Hi, and thanks for the welcome! Your post is funny, and I know it all sounds crazy...

Anyway, if there is a way to post the photos I have taken, I would. Otherwise, here is an example for you to look into. The Toaster Streudel package. On the cover is the cute dooughboy holding a frosting package as he puts frosting on the pastry. But what you could say is that he is holding a big blank white sign. Within the sheen of the plastic frosting package the artist wrote SEX. Mind you, your conscious mind is not going to see it. But now you know to look, so it will be unmistakable. Please do go check it out. This one is only the tip of the icebirg, but it is the easiest to describe withou showing you a picture. Other examples can be found on the same box, but now as easy to spot. Find an area of the graphic that is kind of shaded, but a solid color. Look closely for any of the three letters to be about 3/16ths of an inch tall, written in a color so similar to its background that you don't notice otherwise. Most of the time, it is a lighter whiter shade, because the opposite would be noticed by your conscious mind. Let me know what you find. Another place to look is on skin tones of magazine covers on foreheads, chins, or erogenous zones. And finally, I have some fantastic pictures of my Formica wood grain pattern by simPly adjusting contrast. Pretty remarkable. Oh yeah, the dot matrix pattern used in printing pictures on fast food bags and cups are great places to find "SEX".

Give these an honest look please.[/img]

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Baz »

I don’t think we have Toaster Streudel in England I have never seen it anyway.
Feeling a bit gullible in the process I looked the packaging up on line....... I’m off to spec savers in the morning.
I did find some unusual art and uses undertaken with the frosting.
:oops:

Mojo321
Student

Post #9

Post by Mojo321 »

I'm not sure if your laws are prohibiting this sort of thing, but I can't wait to hear if you find any. Usually you just have to find one of the three letters and then work your way left or right to find the other two letters. I looked at the online version of the package and it doesn't quite pick it up. You can see the S and the tail end of the X. Let me know!

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Goat »

Mojo321 wrote:Hi, and thanks for the welcome! Your post is funny, and I know it all sounds crazy...

Anyway, if there is a way to post the photos I have taken, I would. Otherwise, here is an example for you to look into. The Toaster Streudel package. On the cover is the cute dooughboy holding a frosting package as he puts frosting on the pastry. But what you could say is that he is holding a big blank white sign. Within the sheen of the plastic frosting package the artist wrote SEX. Mind you, your conscious mind is not going to see it. But now you know to look, so it will be unmistakable. Please do go check it out. This one is only the tip of the icebirg, but it is the easiest to describe withou showing you a picture. Other examples can be found on the same box, but now as easy to spot. Find an area of the graphic that is kind of shaded, but a solid color. Look closely for any of the three letters to be about 3/16ths of an inch tall, written in a color so similar to its background that you don't notice otherwise. Most of the time, it is a lighter whiter shade, because the opposite would be noticed by your conscious mind. Let me know what you find. Another place to look is on skin tones of magazine covers on foreheads, chins, or erogenous zones. And finally, I have some fantastic pictures of my Formica wood grain pattern by simPly adjusting contrast. Pretty remarkable. Oh yeah, the dot matrix pattern used in printing pictures on fast food bags and cups are great places to find "SEX".

Give these an honest look please.[/img]
There is a way to post pictures. You can upload them to a web hosting site, such as photobucket or flickr.. and then using the img tags.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella