Mitt Romney: unelectable?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

nursebenjamin
Sage

Mitt Romney: unelectable?

Post #1

Post by nursebenjamin »

Does Mitt Romney's flavor of Christianity make him unelectable to the office of President?

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #51

Post by JohnPaul »

100%atheist wrote:
JohnPaul wrote:100%atheist wrote:
'd put it other way around, Iowans strongly supported a reported necromancer and necrophilic fetishist, who lost just 8 votes to Romney.
Is this some disgusting "liberal thing" that is going around now, or is it your own idea to accuse Rick Santorum of black magic, sorcery and witchcraft, and of being sexually attracted to his own baby's corpse? If this libel is a product of your own mind, I seriously suggest you seek professional help.

John
Do you and Diana really think that bringing dead babies home for its would-be siblings to "meet" (as you said) is a healthy idea???

In this particular case, I don't see ANY POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP OF THIS TO LIBERALISM. Believe me I would not change my opinion on it no matter what political party the candidate is. In my opinion, it is a clinical case, nothing more. Moreover, I have a couple of potential candidates among the GOP contenders who I consider similar or better qualified for office than Obama. So please take your "liberal thing" accusation back and avoid doing it again. I am a very conservative politically on a lot of things. Just a sane one.

And Diana, it IS my business what is going on in the mind of a presidential candidate especially when he decided to make it public. So you are dead wrong on this.
Apparently you are too young to remember when many children were routinely born at home. I was there when both my younger sister and brother were born at home. I was too young to remember my sister's birth, but I was not quite five years old when my younger brother was born. Although I and my sister were shooed out of the room for the actual birth, I was there to see him immediately afterward. If he had been born dead or died a couple of hours afterward, I would still have been there to "meet" him. I see nothing strange about this, and I do not understand your objection to it.

As for your attitude being a "liberal thing," that is certainly what I find on the internet, beginning with the quote about the liberal commentator I included in a previous post, attempting to demonize Rick Santorum for something I see as praiseworthy.

You seem to be sincere in your belief, but I simply do not understand it.

John

100%atheist
Prodigy

Post #52

Post by 100%atheist »

JohnPaul wrote:
100%atheist wrote:
'd put it other way around, Iowans strongly supported a reported necromancer and necrophilic fetishist, who lost just 8 votes to Romney.
Is this some disgusting "liberal thing" that is going around now, or is it your own idea to accuse Rick Santorum of black magic, sorcery and witchcraft, and of being sexually attracted to his own baby's corpse? If this libel is a product of your own mind, I seriously suggest you seek professional help.

John
Do you and Diana really think that bringing dead babies home for its would-be siblings to "meet" (as you said) is a healthy idea???

In this particular case, I don't see ANY POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP OF THIS TO LIBERALISM. Believe me I would not change my opinion on it no matter what political party the candidate is. In my opinion, it is a clinical case, nothing more. Moreover, I have a couple of potential candidates among the GOP contenders who I consider similar or better qualified for office than Obama. So please take your "liberal thing" accusation back and avoid doing it again. I am a very conservative politically on a lot of things. Just a sane one.

And Diana, it IS my business what is going on in the mind of a presidential candidate especially when he decided to make it public. So you are dead wrong on this.
Apparently you are too young to remember when many children were routinely born at home. I was there when both my younger sister and brother were born at home. I was too young to remember my sister's birth, but I was not quite five years old when my younger brother was born. Although I and my sister were shooed out of the room for the actual birth, I was there to see him immediately afterward. If he had been born dead or died a couple of hours afterward, I would still have been there to "meet" him. I see nothing strange about this, and I do not understand your objection to it.

As for your attitude being a "liberal thing," that is certainly what I find on the internet, beginning with the quote about the liberal commentator I included in a previous post, attempting to demonize Rick Santorum for something I see as praiseworthy.

John
In order to see a childbirth you don't have to deliver at home. My older child basically stayed with us during the delivery of the younger one. If something goes wrong and child dies, we would not be bring the corpse to our older child saying 'look here is your dead brother'. I can't be sure, but I guess that in case of your younger brothers/sisters death, your parents would not bring the corpse to you for a couple hours for play.

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by JohnPaul »

100%atheist wrote:
JohnPaul wrote:
100%atheist wrote:

John

John
In order to see a childbirth you don't have to deliver at home. My older child basically stayed with us during the delivery of the younger one. If something goes wrong and child dies, we would not be bring the corpse to our older child saying 'look here is your dead brother'. I can't be sure, but I guess that in case of your younger brothers/sisters death, your parents would not bring the corpse to you for a couple hours for play.
(sigh) I never realized how truly alien you liberals are. Most of you look almost human. Is that your real shape?

John

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #54

Post by dianaiad »

100%atheist wrote:

John

It depends entirely on the context of the situation.

In this case, yeah, I think he did the right thing for his children...for many, many reasons. I could go into them all, but that would make for a very long post and I don't feel that inclined to indulge.

As well, you would, I suspect, simply ignore the reasons and settle into your own opinion anyway, so why waste the time?

otseng
Savant

Post #55

Post by otseng »

JohnPaul wrote:If this libel is a product of your own mind, I seriously suggest you seek professional help.
JohnPaul wrote: (sigh) I never realized how truly alien you liberals are. Most of you look almost human. Is that your real shape?
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

These would be considered comments of a personal nature and would be against the rules. Further infractions will result in a probation vote.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

otseng
Savant

Post #56

Post by otseng »

100%atheist wrote: I'd put it other way around, Iowans strongly supported a reported necromancer and necrophilic fetishist, who lost just 8 votes to Romney.

I just don't know, is it really common that Americans bring corpses of their dead children home so other children can play with the corpses? Maybe I can help them, I could donate their children a toy or a book to play if they are so poor.
Moderator Comment

It's best to avoid such sarcasm and inflammatory comments, even for people outside of this forum. Also, if you're going to charge someone with necrophilia, you'd better back it up with some pretty strong evidence.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.

100%atheist
Prodigy

Post #57

Post by 100%atheist »

otseng wrote:
100%atheist wrote: I'd put it other way around, Iowans strongly supported a reported necromancer and necrophilic fetishist, who lost just 8 votes to Romney.

I just don't know, is it really common that Americans bring corpses of their dead children home so other children can play with the corpses? Maybe I can help them, I could donate their children a toy or a book to play if they are so poor.
Moderator Comment

It's best to avoid such sarcasm and inflammatory comments, even for people outside of this forum. Also, if you're going to charge someone with necrophilia, you'd better back it up with some pretty strong evidence.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.
I apologize for my 'necrophilia' comment.

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #58

Post by JohnPaul »

otseng wrote:
JohnPaul wrote:If this libel is a product of your own mind, I seriously suggest you seek professional help.
JohnPaul wrote: (sigh) I never realized how truly alien you liberals are. Most of you look almost human. Is that your real shape?
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

These would be considered comments of a personal nature and would be against the rules. Further infractions will result in a probation vote.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
I apologize for my "professional help" comment.

John

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #59

Post by dianaiad »

100%atheist wrote:
JohnPaul wrote:
100%atheist wrote:

John

John
.........there was no 'play' involved, and you need to choose your verbs and adjectives more carefully, so as to stay in range of accurately reporting what happened.

Now as to your stance here....It wasn't all THAT long ago that having HUBBY see the baby born was 'simply not done.' As in...gaspingly 'you did WHAT???" in terms of western culture. In fact, it was quite a new thing when my own husband saw my oldest child born; and the hospital had some pretty strict rules about it. As well, the assumption was, as it had been for many years up to that point, that mamma was going to bottle feed. The battle I had with the establishment regarding THAT one was pretty epic.

Culture changes, and what people see as outrageous ALSO changes.

As for me, I think that making small children dress up and go to a funeral for several hours and wonder why everybody was acting funny about a small box in the front of the room--with absolutely no explanation of who was IN that small box...expected to stay quiet, polite, and understand the really strange ceremonial aspects of burying dead babies; THAT'S outrageous.

For millenia people have been using different ways of saying goodbye to their loved ones; the way they treat their dead reflects upon their culture, and their own personal beliefs.

What happened here with the Santorums was their way of dealing with a very sad, very real, family tragedy--and you, sir, have absolutely no right to judge their actions.

Especially when your OWN suggestions rank on the utterly callous and clinical.

These are PEOPLE. Not lab animals, and that baby was a human child, not a failed experiment.

In other words, you are, I firmly believe, way out of line here.

100%atheist
Prodigy

Post #60

Post by 100%atheist »

dianaiad wrote:
Now as to your stance here....It wasn't all THAT long ago that having HUBBY see the baby born was 'simply not done.' As in...gaspingly 'you did WHAT???" in terms of western culture. In fact, it was quite a new thing when my own husband saw my oldest child born; and the hospital had some pretty strict rules about it. As well, the assumption was, as it had been for many years up to that point, that mamma was going to bottle feed. The battle I had with the establishment regarding THAT one was pretty epic.

Culture changes, and what people see as outrageous ALSO changes.
Agreed. I'm talking about culture here and now of course.
As for me, I think that making small children dress up and go to a funeral for several hours and wonder why everybody was acting funny about a small box in the front of the room--with absolutely no explanation of who was IN that small box...expected to stay quiet, polite, and understand the really strange ceremonial aspects of burying dead babies; THAT'S outrageous.
Agreed, long burial ceremonies don't make much sense anyway in my opinion.
For millenia people have been using different ways of saying goodbye to their loved ones; the way they treat their dead reflects upon their culture, and their own personal beliefs.
Agree, though we are talking about here and now and not about millenia.
What happened here with the Santorums was their way of dealing with a very sad, very real, family tragedy--and you, sir, have absolutely no right to judge their actions.
Actually ... I do when it is the same guy who wants to become the President of the United States and ban contraceptives. Also, where is your lovely free speech guaranteed by the Constitution?
These are PEOPLE. Not lab animals, and that baby was a human child, not a failed experiment.
If those people knew about the most likely outcome of the pregnancy from the doctors and still decided not to terminate the pregnancy, then it is precisely a failed experiment. The experiment was originally preset to fail and still parents proceeded on it and ultimately hurt the child as well as their own mental health.
In other words, you are, I firmly believe, way out of line here.
Go vote for it in another thread please, so I can have some better understanding of where I am on this issue.