Hinduism or Buddhism?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Negachrist
Student

Hinduism or Buddhism?

Post #1

Post by Negachrist »

I'm thinking about adopting a religion, just to try it out and see what it's like.

At the moment I've narrowed it down to two choices, Hinduism or Buddhism, but I can't decide.

Which one of those two should I choose, and why?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #21

Post by Burninglight »

rreppy wrote:
CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote:Islam is the true religion
no god but allah and mohammed is the messenger
just embrace this religion then allah will forgive you for every thing

The moment anyone asserts that their religion is the "One and Only True Religion", they have already demonstrated that they are WAY off the path to enlightenment and really, really wrong. You need to rethink your path and find teachers with more wisdom than the ones you've been listening to. And by that, I mean your actual, living teachers and guides, who have been interpreting your religion for you. I will pray that you find your own way better.
It is written in the Bible that there is a way that seems right to a man but the way leads to death. IMO, God hates religion. It is what nailed Jesus to the cross. Jesus said he is the only door to a relationship with the most high. I don't know of a better teacher from the past, present or future. Islam is just a religion that is a way of life to bondage. They view themselves as slaves of Allah, but Christians see themselves as set free in Christ. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed!