Water (& Fire)

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

PfRegan

Water (& Fire)

Post #1

Post by PfRegan »

Here's my take on things:

Every single living thing on earth is quite literally made of water. To the core. Those teeny tiny nuclei that we are all made up of, whose origins have puzzled scientists for ages, are made of water or, to put it differently, are water-based.

There is not a single living thing on earth that can live without water. If all water was taken away from earth, all life would die.

Does this not show that not only is all life dependent on water to keep living, but that we were also constructed from water itself?

My theory is that there are TWO extreme, and yes, near God-like substances which we use in intense abundance, take for granted, depend on and all the while do not even come close to fully understanding: Water and Fire.

I believe that water and fire hold the key to everything, but we are so used to these elements that we take them for granted. MASS amounts of research should be done on water and fire in my opinion if we want to truly understand what life is.

I see it as this: Billions upon trillions of years ago, water in abundance came to earth somehow (a theory that IS supported by scientific date, water has been spotted randomly forming in space). From here the water gradually bore into the earth (or it came up out of it, I don't know) and then the powers of the sun were able to mix with the powers of the water and together they formed something that we really do not understand: life. Something that is constantly growing more and more advanced with time. Water seeped into the earths crust and plants began to grow (all constructed mainly of water). In the water itself a different form of life began to form, animals. From here I believe in evolution. I don't even see reason to debate that because honestly the evidence for it is so overwhelming its shocking to me that evolution is still considered a topic of debate. (I myself see evidence of it every day, through my own logic, observations and reasoning (which differs from logic, observations and reasoning of religion in that I see actual distinct similarities between living creatures on earth, and dammit evolution actually makes FULL sense when you REALLY think about it).)

Water and fire are the ONLY universal things (universal in the sense of the entire universe, not just earth) with the exception of rocks and minerals etc. (which I also believe came from water and fire, waaaaaaaaay back when). And when those two universal elements are combined in a very specific and precise way, life forms.

That's what I've got. I'm extremely interested to hear all opinions of this, especially if anyone actually agrees with me!!

Have a great day!! Drink lots of water! Get some sun.

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Evolution

Post #11

Post by Goat »

Burninglight wrote:
TheBlackPhilosophy wrote:
Burninglight wrote:Evolution is a religion
Evolution is a Scientific.

Christianity is an Ideology or Religion.

Science is based upon logic and observation of events. Science is willing to change when new evidence is put fourth.

Ideology is based upon observation of events according to its own rules, which are not based upon logic (as opposed to the scientific method). Ideologies refuse to change in light of new evidence, instead they force evidence to conform to their own illogical (or sometimes slightly logical) rules.

Science = Willing change based upon evidence.
Religion/Ideology = Willing to change the evidence to fit its own standards.
God created science. Evolutionist are willing to change their scientific theories of how man came to be, if you can call their theories science, but in the mean time, while they are looking for the missing link (or was that the whole chain), they are hanging on to a hypothesis, if you can even call it that, on the origins of man. IOW, it takes more faith for me to believe in evolution than it does to believe God created the world and all that is in it. That is why I call evolution a religion.
Please provide evidence that 'God created science'. Please show that you understand biology what so ever.. talking about the 'Missing Link' is something the media does, not scientists.

Let me share something I think is funny, but many a true word is spoken in jest. There were 4 scientists that agreed to meet with God to tell Him they didn't need Him anymore. God said, "Why not?" the scienctists said, "Because, everything you can do, we can too. We can even create life" God said, "Really, let me see you do that?" One the scientist said, "Okay" as he picked up a hand full of dirt. God interrupted him and said, "Wait a minute. Get your own dirt!"

It is easy for me to believe that life came from life (God who lives) than from a rock like scientist believe started the origins of life. I won't ask where the rock came from. The magic formular for this life occurence is time; millions and millions of years and it will happen pfft[/quote]

Please provide evidence that "God created science". Now, that story yo uthink is funny is, how should I say, arrogant, annoying and ignorant.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Burninglight
Guru

Post #12

Post by Burninglight »

Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

Science is based upon logic and observation of events. Science is willing to change when new evidence is put fourth.

Ideology is based upon observation of events according to its own rules, which are not based upon logic (as opposed to the scientific method). Ideologies refuse to change in light of new evidence, instead they force evidence to conform to their own illogical (or sometimes slightly logical) rules.

God created science. Evolutionist are willing to change their scientific theories of how man came to be, if you can call their theories science, but in the mean time, while they are looking for the missing link (or was that the whole chain), they are hanging on to a hypothesis, if you can even call it that, on the origins of man. IOW, it takes more faith for me to believe in evolution than it does to believe God created the world and all that is in it. That is why I call evolution a religion.
Please provide evidence that 'God created science'. Please show that you understand biology what so ever.. talking about the 'Missing Link' is something the media does, not scientists.

Let me share something I think is funny, but many a true word is spoken in jest. There were 4 scientists that agreed to meet with God to tell Him they didn't need Him anymore. God said, "Why not?" the scienctists said, "Because, everything you can do, we can too. We can even create life" God said, "Really, let me see you do that?" One the scientist said, "Okay" as he picked up a hand full of dirt. God interrupted him and said, "Wait a minute. Get your own dirt!"

It is easy for me to believe that life came from life (God who lives) than from a rock like scientist believe started the origins of life. I won't ask where the rock came from. The magic formular for this life occurence is time; millions and millions of years and it will happen pfft
Goat wrote:[
Please provide evidence that "God created science". Now, that story yo uthink is funny is, how should I say, arrogant, annoying and ignorant.
I cannot prove it. If I could I would be able to prove God exists. If I could prove God exists, then, I wouldn't need to prove that He created science. Why don't you prove he didn't, and while you're at it prove how I am ignorant. BTW, I wasn't going to say it, but I find your comment to be annoying and arrogant to say the least as well!

Burninglight
Guru

Evolution and atheism are religions?

Post #13

Post by Burninglight »

I believe evolution and atheism are religions. As i mentioned, I believe if something exists now, something or someone had to have always existed. It is logical to me.
Let me share another funny story (I think this really happened) One day this guy was shouting "God doesn't exist. No one created life; it created itself and there are no absolutes." As he kept shouting, a bottle went flying through the air and banged him on the head. It was a big bang too. He shouted out, "WHO THREW THAT BOTTLE?"
Someone in the crowd shouted: "NO ONE THREW IT> IT THREW ITSELF"

Personally, I don't have the faith it takes to be an atheist! If I did, I wouldn't want to share it with anyone.
Can anyone prove that fire and water are not God's creations?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Goat »

Burninglight wrote:
Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

It is easy for me to believe that life came from life (God who lives) than from a rock like scientist believe started the origins of life. I won't ask where the rock came from. The magic formular for this life occurence is time; millions and millions of years and it will happen pfft
I cannot prove it. If I could I would be able to prove God exists. If I could prove God exists, then, I wouldn't need to prove that He created science. Why don't you prove he didn't, and while you're at it prove how I am ignorant. BTW, I wasn't going to say it, but I find your comment to be annoying and arrogant to say the least as well!

Well, you certainly do not understand what the logical fallacy is. I wasn't calling you ignorant, I was pointing out that you were using the logical fallacy known as the Argument from ignorance . However, everyone is ignorant of something, and you were ignorant of what that fallacy was. Now, hopefully , you can look at that link, and learn that when someone uses the phrase 'Argument from ignorance', they are referring to the logic, not to the person.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Burninglight
Guru

Post #15

Post by Burninglight »

Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

Well, you certainly do not understand what the logical fallacy is. I wasn't calling you ignorant, I was pointing out that you were using the logical fallacy known as the Argument from ignorance . However, everyone is ignorant of something, and you were ignorant of what that fallacy was. Now, hopefully , you can look at that link, and learn that when someone uses the phrase 'Argument from ignorance', they are referring to the logic, not to the person.
I know what a fallacy is and argument from ignorance, but that same thing can be said of evolutionist. They assume man evolved before all the facts are there to support it or the dinosaurs turning into birds. There is no hard core transition for these. The world would be replete with it if that happen. As far as the Bible stories, there is more corroborating evidence such as Noah's ark found on mount Aarrat and sea shells on tops of mountains. I have heard debates between creationist and evolutionist. Creationism, IMO, won hands down from what I heard from those in the science field. Science doesn't contradict God, but God can operate outside of science and break its laws and has done that. Do you know why we have a leap year? Do you know where the wind comes from or starts and where it is going? IOW, does it start before warm air meets with cool air or after and where and when will that happen? Do you believe nothing explored and cause the universe to happen and what lets the universe keep growing and expanding.
Someone said if the universe keeps expanding the Milky Way will be replace with Mars bars or Snickers
Last edited by Burninglight on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Goat »

Burninglight wrote:
Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

I know what a fallacy is and argument from ignorance, but that same thing can be said of evolutionist. They assume man evolved before all the facts are there to support it or the dinosaurs turning into birds. There is no hard core transition for these. The world would be replete with it if that happen. As far as the Bible stories, there is more corroborating evidence such as Noah's ark found on mount Aarrat and sea shells on tops of mountains. I have heard debates between creationist and evolutionist. d Creationism, IMO, won hands down from what I heard from those in the science field. Science doesn't contradict God, but God can operate outside of science and break its laws and has done that. Do you know why we have a leap year? Do you know where the wind comes from or starts and where it is going? IOW, does it start before warm air meets with cool air or after and where and when will that happen? Do you believe nothing explored and cause the universe to happen and what lets the universe keep growing and expanding.
Someone said if the universe keeps expanding the Milky Way will be replace with Mars bars or Snickers
Really?? Yes, I do know why we have a leap year. Do you? Yes, I do know what the wing comes from , ... And 'I don't know' is a perfect answer.. but 'I don't know and therefore God' is a logical fallacy.

Ignorance I don't mind, but willfully ignorance is inexcusable. That is why I am not a fundamentalist .

Steven Novella

Burninglight
Guru

Post #17

Post by Burninglight »

Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Goat wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

I know what a fallacy is and argument from ignorance, but that same thing can be said of evolutionist. They assume man evolved before all the facts are there to support it or the dinosaurs turning into birds. There is no hard core transition for these. The world would be replete with it if that happen. As far as the Bible stories, there is more corroborating evidence such as Noah's ark found on mount Aarrat and sea shells on tops of mountains. I have heard debates between creationist and evolutionist. d Creationism, IMO, won hands down from what I heard from those in the science field. Science doesn't contradict God, but God can operate outside of science and break its laws and has done that. Do you know why we have a leap year? Do you know where the wind comes from or starts and where it is going? IOW, does it start before warm air meets with cool air or after and where and when will that happen?

Do you believe nothing exploded and cause the universe to happen and what lets the universe keep growing and expanding?.
Really?? Yes, I do know why we have a leap year. Do you? Yes, I do know what the wing comes from , ... And 'I don't know' is a perfect answer.. but 'I don't know and therefore God' is a logical fallacy.

Ignorance I don't mind, but willfully ignorance is inexcusable. That is why I am not a fundamentalist .
So you feel everyone that believes in God is willfully ignorant? I believe what would be more true is that those who say God doesn't exist are in denial or blind and deaf! As the expression goes: There are none so blind as those who will not see.