Christian Story trilogy

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

CelPatBruYanks

Christian Story trilogy

Post #1

Post by CelPatBruYanks »

Are there any plans for a type of epic, well-produced trilogy telling the Christian story as according to the Christian Tritarian church?

I envision something along the lines of Lord of the Rings.

Also, I think it would be interesting to have the following songs playing at various points throughout the movies that fit the current moment; this would be similar to Shrek, except this would not be a comedy, but more of a drama. Of course, there would be the occasional humorous scene, but it would not be the focus.

First movie
Creation story fall of angels garden of eden rise of human civilization Abraham Exodus Conquest of Canaan

Second movie
Israel's roller coaster ride as a nation (Ups and downs) Prophets Job

Third movie
Jesus' life story Early Christian church *Revelation (not actually occurring within the framework of the story, but John having the visions)
*Note: This would set up a potential future movie, or set of movies, with the same production style as the Tritarian Trilogy (the 3 concept is redundant there, I know lol.)

Songs

Sympathy for the devil (When Satan is released after the 1,000 year reign to go out and attempt to deceive the nations for one final battle).

Jesus is just alright (When Jesus comes into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday)

Behind blue eyes (When Satan and his angels get sent to Hell for rebellion)

Gimme Shelter (When the Israelites start the conquest of Canaan)

Stranglehold (When the Israelites began being used as slaves by the Egyptians)

Wheel in the Sky (Ezekiel's wheel scene)

Every rose has its thorn (Played while Adam and Eve leave the Garden of Eden)

Celebration (When Peter has the vision of what is now ok and the old law is essentially discarded)

I know we all have our own style, interpretations, and ideas, so I would like to see what other people would like to do if they were directing a movie like this. Especially song suggestions, I think music can help influence movies in a big way, either negatively or positively.

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by His Name Is John »

I know they are making a story based on creation, fall of angels, fall of man called Paradise Lost. However it isn't really a pro-Christian story as it shows Satan in a sympathetic light. Tolkin hated the story and that is why in Lord of the Rings, Salron doesn't have any physical form (as he didn't want the readers to be able to identify with him).
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

Asante Sana
Student

Post #3

Post by Asante Sana »

The Chronicles of Narnia is an amazing Christian series. The movies, in my opinion, were not all that great, but enjoyable.

Tolkien did not intend the LOTR to be a Christian work.