Should I contune to be a skeptic? If not, why not?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

playhavock
Guru

Should I contune to be a skeptic? If not, why not?

Post #1

Post by playhavock »

I call myself skeptic in both the classical and modern sence. That is to say, I inquire if things are true. I also hold that there must be evedance given for any statment to be true - one example would be the soul or spirit of a person, I have no reasion to think this thing exists without any evedance to think it does. So, I remain withheld from beliving that it is true.

The question is - should I contune to be a skeptic, if not - what reasions could you give me to stop asking questions that I do and belive that (X) whatever that is, is true or a better system then I currently use.

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #2

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Why on earth would you even consider NOT being sceptic in the first place?
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

playhavock
Guru

Post #3

Post by playhavock »

To ask my self the question if I can know I am right in my position and admit that I can be wrong. If someone could produce a better system then I currently have I would have to use that one.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

My sensei, O'Sensei Richard Kim would ask, "What is the purpose of the martial arts?"

And the only answer he'd accept was,"To have a better life!"

refers to religion too I think... go for what you believe will give you the better life.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Perhaps it is good to be skeptical even about your skepticism. Let me know if you come up with something better.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John