Video: "When They Insult Our Prophet (PBUH)"

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Darias
Guru

Video: "When They Insult Our Prophet (PBUH)"

Post #1

Post by Darias »

I just wanted to post this, mainly for non-Muslim forum goers, but I posted it here because it seems like the most appropriate place. I was actually curious as to what the proper Qur'anic response to insult was and I'm glad to find that what the Qur'an says is very much equivalent to that of the New Testament response to insult: turns out neither call for rage or violence. I hope this clip will be informative to everyone regardless of belief.

[center][youtube][/youtube] [/center]

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #11

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Unfortunately, the ‘correct’ response is to follow the example of that eternal beacon of righteousness: Muhammad. And later in his life, when he had power, he had those who insulted him assassinated simply for satirising him in poetry. He had them murdered in the supposedly ‘bloodless’ invasion of Mecca. One of the women had children in her bed with her when Muhammad gave the go ahead for someone to sneak in and knife her in her bed.

:-k

So, yes, the ‘violent response’ is in fact the ‘correct’ one. Sad to say for those good muslims who try to integrate, but those who call for people who insult Islam to get beheaded have in fact got it SPOT–ON.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Kuan »

Darias wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote: Thanks for the vid, I highly enjoyed it. Wish I could speak more (arabic?) Please forgive my ignorance there.

On another note, would you recommend that minor of yours? Why? I have been pondering what exactly I want my minor to be.
As part of my international studies major, I had to take a class about religion, so I picked Islam. I later took a few classes on Middle Eastern history. Then I realized you can't begin to talk about US foreign policy and much of the history of the 20th century without learning more about Islamic history, culture, and politics. So I signed up for it and took a bunch more classes on Islamic history and current events in the Middle East. I feel like I know more about this than my major concentration (Europe).

I don't know how the minor would be in other colleges. Some may focus entirely on the religious aspect of Islam without requiring any courses on political history. But if you want a job in the analyst field or with a government, politics, or think tank -- it doesn't hurt to know a thing or two about the Middle East or the Muslim faith in general.
Thats basically what I want to do, is to be some type of analyst for the government or somewhere in the military. So I will give that more consideration. Thanks for the time to put up a response.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote: Unfortunately, the ‘correct’ response is to follow the example of that eternal beacon of righteousness: Muhammad. And later in his life, when he had power, he had those who insulted him assassinated simply for satirising him in poetry. He had them murdered in the supposedly ‘bloodless’ invasion of Mecca. One of the women had children in her bed with her when Muhammad gave the go ahead for someone to sneak in and knife her in her bed.

:-k

So, yes, the ‘violent response’ is in fact the ‘correct’ one. Sad to say for those good muslims who try to integrate, but those who call for people who insult Islam to get beheaded have in fact got it SPOT–ON.
Every religion founder, any religion which got power, behaved at the beginning differently.
You can see this very good at the Mormons. First they did not have power and were quiet. As soon as they, however, had power, got they violent and deceitful against people of other faith, which they called "GENTILES".

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #14

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Let me add an addendum to my post: if muslims worldwide, however, wish to live Islam as a ‘peaceful’ way of life, then I’m all for that! :D
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote: Let me add an addendum to my post: if muslims worldwide, however, wish to live Islam as a ‘peaceful’ way of life, then I’m all for that! :D
The Islam was never really peaceful. Exact as the Christianity. It never was for both religions about the faith but about power and influence.

Darias
Guru

Post #16

Post by Darias »

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the founders of religion actually said or did. It only matters what their followers think they said or did.
Joseph Smith wrote:“If the people let us alone, we will preach the gospel in peace. But if they come on us to molest us, we will establish our religion with the sword. We will trample down our enemies and make it one gore of blood…from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. I will be to this generation a 2nd Muhammad, whose motto in treating for peace was ‘the Al-Qur’an or the sword.’ So shall it be with us — ‘Joseph Smith or the sword!"
Now in all fairness, Smith's view of Islam was shaped by the anti-Islamic sentiments of his day. But still, look how Mormonism has turned out. Aside from its more fantastical beliefs, its racist past, and the occasional Warren Jeffs-like cult, Mormonism as a religion has turned out to be quite family oriented and peaceful, well heterosexual family only, I mean.

The only reason to bring up the original beliefs of the founders is to help believers question their faith. If it has the opposite effect, such as turning them into literalists and extremists, then facts be damned for the sake of peace and a more tolerant society.

Hermione
Student

Post #17

Post by Hermione »

The fundamentalist Islam hates Christianity. The fundamentalist Christianity hates Islam. And what happens if two groups hate each other? VIOLENCE!

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Darias wrote: Now in all fairness, Smith's view of Islam was shaped by the anti-Islamic sentiments of his day. But still, look how Mormonism has turned out. Aside from its more fantastical beliefs, its racist past, and the occasional Warren Jeffs-like cult, Mormonism as a religion has turned out to be quite family oriented and peaceful, well heterosexual family only, I mean.

The only reason to bring up the original beliefs of the founders is to help believers question their faith. If it has the opposite effect, such as turning them into literalists and extremists, then facts be damned for the sake of peace and a more tolerant society.
Whether Smith took on the prejudices of his time; or he did it by himself; is unimportant. He had prejudices! The LDS only can work with the material what JS gave them and. To "interpret" it new, or to invent stories.