Do All Religions come from a Single Creator?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Do All Religions come from a Single Creator?

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

TheTruth101 wrote:
McCulloch wrote: God's Continuing Revelations:
  1. New Testament
  2. Qu'ran
  3. Mormon
  4. Science and Health
  5. Swedenborg
  6. Watchtower
  7. Guru Granth Sahib
  8. Kitáb-i-Aqdas
Why choose one over the others?

Indeed a true spiritualist knows of all books of all religions and have mastered them. (Since all religions come from a single creator).

The reason one sticks with one "holy book" is because its hard to even "master" a single holy book. If you can then I suggest you move on and more power to ya.
Do All Religions come from a Single Creator? How about the ones specifically referred to by this list of scriptures: Christianity, Islam, the Mormon variant of Christianity, Christian Science, Swedenborgism, the Jehovah's Witnesses' variant of Christianity, Sikhism and Bahá'í Faith. Is it logically possible that each of these could be from a Single Creator?

If all of these religions are from a Single Creator, then does it matter which one we choose to follow? Are Deism, Unitarian Universalism and the FSM also from the same God?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Artie
Prodigy

Re: Do All Religions come from a Single Creator?

Post #11

Post by Artie »

McCulloch wrote:If all of these religions are from a Single Creator, then does it matter which one we choose to follow? Are Deism, Unitarian Universalism and the FSM also from the same God?
I find it quite irrational to believe that all pieces of music come from a divine composer when we have an inordinate amount of evidence showing that people compose music. What music and which composer we like just depends on into which culture we happen to be born.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

[Replying to post 1 by McCulloch]

I contend:
All the religions came from the free will hopes of those who did not want to put their faith in, (ie bow to), YHWH so they decided on their own version of the reality YHWH taught them and put their faith in that.

Then they learned the truth of who was in fact GOD when YHWH created the physical universe before all our eyes and every knee did bow and every voice did sing HIS praise (Job 38:7) but this proof locked them into their sin as it broke their free will resulting in Rom 1:20....

Nothing else fits the love of GOD and the fact of hell,

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

marketandchurch
Scholar

Post #13

Post by marketandchurch »

The academic view is that we had polytheism, and evolved into monotheism, and as some atheists might suggest, on the path to no-theism. But the view of genesis is that we started out monotheistic, & then became polytheistic, and moved back to monotheistic.

I don't know if all religions come from the same creator, but I do think that there are many pathways to the same creator. Your behavior determines whether you are on this path to God or not, and your behavior is influenced in large part by what you think is demanded of you, by God, or by your own personal code of ethics, and... by your value system.

We share the same God if 1.) your God demands the same thing of you as he does of me, and 2.) we share the same value system. The further we diverge on those two things, the less likely we share the same God. You can use this to assess how you stack up against a person of another religious tradition to see if you and they share the same God, or use it to assess even a fellow member of your own religion, to see if the two of you worshiping the same God, or not.

Iam
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Iam »

ttruscott wrote: [Replying to post 1 by McCulloch]

I contend:
All the religions came from the free will hopes of those who did not want to put their faith in, (ie bow to), YHWH so they decided on their own version of the reality YHWH taught them and put their faith in that.

Peace, Ted
Are you the only one on the planet ever who believes this? sheeeeeeeesh.

marketandchurch
Scholar

Post #15

Post by marketandchurch »

[Replying to post 13 by marketandchurch]

Correction: I misspoke when I said that Genesis's view is that we began monotheistic, moved to polytheism, and then moved back to monotheism.

Genesis's view is that we began monotheistic. We moved away from God and became polytheistic. Genesis's existence & main purpose is to move us back to the original monotheism, only that, it is now imbued with ethics pertaining to every facet of life. So, Monotheism, then Polytheism, and then, an epic battle on the bible's behalf, to move us back to ethical monotheism. So the move to polytheism was gradual, evolutionary. But the move back to not only monotheism, but a specific brand of monotheism, was a total departure from polytheism all together. It was revolutionary, a social revolt, and a reactionary critique of the zeitgeist of the ancient world.