Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

revjoel2013

Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Post #1

Post by revjoel2013 »

I study the bible and found that premarital sex is not a sin in the bible. This sin is created by Church doctrine. The early church twisted the word fornication to mean sex before marriage. The word fornication actually means having sex with a pagan temple prostitute. The early church fathers redefine the word fornication to mean all sex outside of marriage. This is how the doctrine that premarital sex is a sin started.

Why Should Christians Engage in Premarital Sex / Sex Before Marriage!!!

http://youtu.be/4lSv9kPIx0Q

What does fornication mean in the Bible; Latin Greek and Hebrew or

http://youtu.be/UVAI2TTOcgM[/img]

Wootah
Savant

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

Hi revjoel2013,

Since Jesus defines adultery as looking at another person lustfully as a sin then it seems fairly simply to understand that sex before marriage would be a sin.

YahDough
Under Probation

Re: Sex Before Marriage is NOT a sin in the bible!!

Post #3

Post by YahDough »

[Replying to post 1 by revjoel2013]

Trying to redefine the truth of God's laws for self-justification (or any other reason) is fools business. I'm reminded of the verse in the Bible about people with "itching ears."

2Tm:4:3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Or even worse, people who turn God's grace into a licence to sin.

Jude:1:4: For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

Wootah wrote: Hi revjoel2013,

Since Jesus defines adultery as looking at another person lustfully as a sin then it seems fairly simply to understand that sex before marriage would be a sin.

That's ridiculous. Then it would also be a sin to have sex after marriage as well.

Besides, I think Jesus was speaking of one man lusting after another man's wife, etc.

I don't think Jesus was referring to unmarried people who were still seeking valid mates.

I think it's extremely easy to pervert the teachings of Jesus far beyond anything Jesus himself most likely intended.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #5

Post by DanieltheDragon »

YahDough wrote: [Replying to post 1 by revjoel2013]

Trying to redefine the truth of God's laws for self-justification (or any other reason) is fools business. I'm reminded of the verse in the Bible about people with "itching ears."

2Tm:4:3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Jude:1:4: For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Christians will always be stuck redefining the bible that's just the nature of trying to interpret bronze age theology in the modern era what the OP was doing was not redefining but rather trying to clarify what the bible actually says vs what is being taught.

YahDough
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by YahDough »

DanieltheDragon wrote:

Christians will always be stuck redefining the bible that's just the nature of trying to interpret bronze age theology in the modern era what the OP was doing was not redefining but rather trying to clarify what the bible actually says vs what is being taught.
Trying to justify acts of sin does not "clarify" God's message of salvation. It confuses it. To compromise God's grace with private interpretations of what God teaches us through the Holy Ghost is wrong. There is nothing "bronze age" about right versus wrong in the eyes of God.

Heb:13:8: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Wootah
Savant

Post #7

Post by Wootah »

Divine Insight wrote:
Wootah wrote: Hi revjoel2013,

That's ridiculous. Then it would also be a sin to have sex after marriage as well.

Besides, I think Jesus was speaking of one man lusting after another man's wife, etc.

I don't think Jesus was referring to unmarried people who were still seeking valid mates.

I think it's extremely easy to pervert the teachings of Jesus far beyond anything Jesus himself most likely intended.
Hi DI. - it gets very tiresome being slammed by you in posts with phrases such as "that's ridiculous". Make your point without the adhominems. It's the main reason I avoid your posts, even though you often post a lot of content that could be discussion worthy.

Anyway within marriage one cannot commit adultery with their partner. That would be definitionally absurd. It is the place to be lustful.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

Wootah wrote: Anyway within marriage one cannot commit adultery with their partner. That would be definitionally absurd. It is the place to be lustful.
What do you mean that marriage is the place to be lustful?

You're not supposed to lust after your spouse. In fact, you're only suppose to be having sex for the utilitarian purpose of procreation.

You previously said, "Since Jesus defines adultery as looking at another person lustfully"

Well, if that's the definition of adultery then the relationship between the people involve shouldn't make any difference at all. Lust would still be lust.

Besides, Jesus never claimed to be defining anything. He was always speaking within the context of how these concepts are commonly understood. Therefore if adultery requires having a relationship with someone who is already committed by vows to someone else, then it would still mean this when Jesus used the term.

The only thing Jesus was attempting to say is that if you are seriously considering this action then in your mind you have already committed the action.

That wouldn't change the definition of the action at all.

So if the people involved are not committed to anyone, then no adultery would have been committed, even in the mind.

You can't aren't adultery if you are considering a perfectly eligible partner. After all, you could marry that partner eventually and then they would become your spouse.

So, IMHO, all you are doing here is attempting to use Jesus as an excuse to create extremism in an attempt to pervert even natural desires between people who are not yet even married.

In fact, this is a huge problem with Christianity in general. People take things that were attributed to Jesus, twist them into extreme perversions and then act like this represents "God's Wishes".

It's no wonder that people find this religion so disgusting when people attempt to use it to pervert every little thing in Jesus' name.

I personally don't believe that Jesus would support your interpretations concerning the rumors that have been told about him in the New Testament.

Whether Jesus was a mere moral man with an opinion like everyone else or a demigod as the myths claim makes no difference. In either case, I don't believe that Jesus was out to pervert every little thing like so many Christian fundamentalists seem to like to believe.

I personally believe the perversion resides solely in their minds, and nowhere else.
[center]Image
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #9

Post by DanieltheDragon »

YahDough wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:

Trying to justify acts of sin does not "clarify" God's message of salvation. It confuses it. To compromise God's grace with private interpretations of what God teaches us through the Holy Ghost is wrong. There is nothing "bronze age" about right versus wrong in the eyes of God.

Heb:13:8: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
The OP is not justifying anything though. the op is asking where the concept of sex before marriage theology comes from. The OP could not find a vaild source for it and therefore could not justify said belief in this theological constraint. If you would like to clarify it for the OP go for it. Show him where the bible spells it out. If you cant spell it out with the bible you are just using your own or others private interpretations.

On to the second point is there anything wrong with slavery? Rape victims forced into marrying rapists? nuff said.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

YahDough wrote: Heb:13:8: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
DanieltheDragon wrote: On to the second point is there anything wrong with slavery? Rape victims forced into marrying rapists? nuff said.
Exactly. I agree with DanieltheDragon.

The New Testament also claims that Jesus said:

Matt.5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Couple this with the verse from Hebrews that YahDough posted and in order to support Christianity one must believe that Jesus holds up every jot and tittle that was ever written in the Old Testament.

That's one heck of a lot of vile and hateful stuff.

Moreover, even the New Testament has Jesus himself rejecting many of the immoral teachings of the Old Testament which is a gross self-contradiction right within these stories. So either Jesus was extremely confused and suffering from Alzheimer's disease, or these myths are clearly false. Take your pick.
[center]Image
[/center]