Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Truely Free
Apprentice

Family

Post #1

Post by Truely Free »

Hey guys,
I'm relatively new to the site. I've been excited to be personally encourage by many of you guys, and to have some good conversation. I'd love to get to know you guys.
I recognize not all or many of you want to share personal information, I will not. I think it would be very helpful to me to know you guys and your theology a little bit better though. I think it would be very helpful to know what you guys believe so that when I am debating an unbeliever I can know for sure that it is not a believer I am talking with (sometimes it seems wires get crossed, and I'll be talking with an unbeliever who seems like a believer or visa versa). I think it's important that I not waste time squabbling with unbelievers, tearing down their credibility or mine...causing damage to our witness.
It would also help me be more wise about when I need to step into a debate and present my view on an issue. Exc.
For many reasons, it is information I'd love to know if you guys would be willing to share. I'll answer in the first post to help start things off.
I look forward to hearing anything you guys would like to share, and feel honored to be in your company...for however long it might last. I pray, like Christ, that we many be one with each other and with Christ and His father; and stand for true doctrine.

Truely Free
Apprentice

Introduction

Post #2

Post by Truely Free »

Hi guys.
I am a Protestant Christian. I was raised by missionary parents who work with New Tribes Mission overseas, so I grew up in a Christian home. I can't remember an exact date of 'conversion' or before 'conversion" (my dad said I knew how to accurately describe the gospel at age three) though I can account for many dates in which I grew into my faith.
I am Calvinist Reformed in my leaning. I hold to all the "tulip" tenant, accept that I have mixed feelings about "limited atonement" and I believe that the whole "predestination" argument really puts God in a box in which he doesn't belong.
I was raised in an old dutch Baptist church up North, so a lot of my theology is Baptist. I however, believe that all the gifts of the spirit are active today, though I still have a lot of questions about the "speaking in tongues" part. I am fundamentalist in most of my views: Creation is a literal 7 days, exc. Pre-trib. (like that matters), Dispensationalist. (whole ton of terms here)
I believe that the Bible is the inerrant authoritative word of God. I (of course being a protestant) hold to the protestant Bible, though I haven't studied to much on that particular subject so I still have a lot of questions as far as that.
I believe in a literal hell, a literal heaven, a literal Satan, and his demons, who I believe are at work today. I believe in Salvation by Grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. I believe in a cross-centered theology. (the gospel is the center of all Christian life and growth). I'm sure I am missing something but I am not a theology major.
My husband and I met at and are members of a Sovereign Grace Ministry Church, however we have recently started attending with my parents at a local community church.
Some of my current favorite teachers of the word are John Piper, Matt Chandler, Mark Driscoll, Ben Stuart and (to a lesser degree) Francis Chan. I also enjoy listening to Ravi Zacharias, William Lane Craig and R.C. Sproul.
I love reading. My all time favorite author is Watchman Nee (though I can't say I agree with everything he teaches). I love Christian Classics and reading about Fathers of the faith, history of the church (of all kinds really) and different religions.
If I could tell the whole world one thing, it would be to "Love Jesus Christ"
Look forward to getting to know you guys better, hope we will debate well alongside each other, and I urge you all to help keep me accountable to God to be true to the Word and sound doctrine, and to be loving to those who I am seeking to give an answer to. Be sure to ask questions, but know that I will not answer anything to personal.
Also know, that if you chose to message me I will be sharing your message and it's contents with my husband and will be keeping things to the point and impersonal.
Look forward to any answers. Hope you guys learned something about me :)

puddleglum
Sage

Post #3

Post by puddleglum »

Welcome to the site. I'm always glad to see another Christian join as we seem to be in the minority here.
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

otseng
Savant

Re: Introduction

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

charles_hamm
Guru

Post #5

Post by charles_hamm »

Welcome aboard. To put things plainly, I believe the Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, every word is true, and is the instruction manuel to life. I am a non-denominational Christian. I believe that the more we learn in science, the more it points to God as being the creator of all things (I believe science is just trying to catch up with what Christians already know). Look forward to seeing plenty of comments from you.

TheTruth101
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by TheTruth101 »

Hello,

1. I'm a believer.
2. I believe there are two messiahs. Jesus( Son of Man) and Holy spirit ( One like the Son of Man)
3. I believe in the evolution.
4. I believe God and Satan is one being. Alpha and Omega.
5. I believe Jesus died for my sins.
6. I believe the Revelations did not begin yet. (Because holy spirit/final messiah did not show yet)
7. I believe all religions come from One God. (Creator/Father)
8. I believe the bible should be a starting point for any believer of God. Once one masters the Bible, one should move on to learning and mastering the Quran, hence both books come from a single root, Abraham.
9. I believe the reason why there are twelve zodiac signs is because there were 12 messiahs in the past per its species. I believe there were 12 species that were made individually in the past, one wiped out after the other completely. Thus I believe when Genesis speaks of Sons of God impregnating human beings and also the very verse " thus they became like one of us", is in refetnce to the twelve sons of the past twelve species that were created.
10. I believe they end is very near.
11. I believe all religions is the truth in their own sense, and thus, this is the reason why saint Paul spoke of leveling of heavens. When one has higher knowledge of religion as a whole, I believe one gains higher heavens.
12. I believe witbout Jesus crucifixion, no one would get go the Father creator.
13. I believe all come from one source, and upon death, goes back to the single source, God.
14. I believe dreams and hallucinations are brought on by God.
14. And I welcome you to the forum.
15. I also believe prayers concerning things on earth should only be of repeantence of sin.
16. I believe everything else "knocking" prayer consist should be of things of heaven. As in, what you want in your after life.
17. I don't believe Judas sold Jesus out, but rather Jesus told him to inform the pharicees so he can get crucified. The very reason being, he was told to by the Father so he can wipe mankind of sin.
This scripture saying Jesus has made 12 thrones for his 12 disciples (including Judas) for all eternity I believe is a clarifying verse of what really happened.
18. I believe God is of omnipotence rather than benevolence.
19. I believe the unbielievers will simply be perished when they die, I don't believe in hell, hence I believe Jesus locked it and made it dissapear upon his crucifixion.
20. I believe in the holy spirit, the begotten son, and the Father.

Truely Free
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Truely Free »

Thanks for the reply guys. Good to get to know you better.

St. Anger
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by St. Anger »

These are my credos:

And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patris Et Filii Spiritus Sancti.

...and...

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit
was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son
is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy,
catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one baptism
for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
“The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.�

G.K. Chesterton

Am I buggin' you? Don't mean ta' bug ya'!

Bono

I am Death. Vengeance is mine! God's fury rains down on you!

NotApplicable

Post #9

Post by NotApplicable »

Helo my freinds
I am a Cristian born and raised in a Christian houshold however I was not raised under any particular denomination. I went Calolic school for several years and so share many of ther beliefs howerever I am not Catholic. I am a conservative American and for most part a biblical literalist. I do however belaive in the possablility of reincarnation.