Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

What do Muslims Think of Priests

Post #1

Post by Allahakbar »

I'm just wondering what Muslims think and feel about paedophile catholic priests, given the behaviour of their prophet?

TG123
Apprentice

Post #51

Post by TG123 »

I am a evangelical Christian, not a Muslim, and I believe there are errors and mistakes in the Quran and hadiths that prove they are not from God.

The statement however that Islam encourages pedophilia is a false one. Yes, Muhammad married a young girl. He may or may not have had intercourse with her before she was 18. These were the customs of that time however, and people married young. Given what we know about development of teenagers and children, we know this wasn't and isn't healthy or good. To say though that Muhammad was a pedophile would be to state that the majority of people then around the world were pedophiles.

He wasn't, and Islam teaches that girls and women should not be married and have intercourse until they are ready. That will vary from culture to culture. Islam does not teach or mandate that girls should be married and slept with when they are kids or teenagers.

10CC
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by 10CC »

TG123 wrote: I am a evangelical Christian, not a Muslim, and I believe there are errors and mistakes in the Quran and hadiths that prove they are not from God.

The statement however that Islam encourages pedophilia is a false one. Yes, Muhammad married a young girl. He may or may not have had intercourse with her before she was 18. These were the customs of that time however, and people married young. Given what we know about development of teenagers and children, we know this wasn't and isn't healthy or good. To say though that Muhammad was a pedophile would be to state that the majority of people then around the world were pedophiles.

He wasn't, and Islam teaches that girls and women should not be married and have intercourse until they are ready. That will vary from culture to culture. Islam does not teach or mandate that girls should be married and slept with when they are kids or teenagers.
A couple of clarifications for you
Aisha was 9yrs old when the marriage was consummated.
50% of the world then as now are female, adult males do not constitute the other 50% and not all of those adult males had sex with children. Hence your claim about the majority is an exaggeration at the very least.
I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said

-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #53

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ TG123
I am a evangelical Christian, not a Muslim, and I believe there are errors and mistakes in the Quran and hadiths that prove they are not from God.

TG123 I am curious in understanding what you believe to be of error and mistake found in the Quran and Hadith that you believe to be not from God, I can assure you this is not true, there are no errors, mistakes nor contradictions in the Quran as the Quran is the true religion in which God has chosen for all of mankind. Like to hear what your thoughts are on this topic, thanks :)

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #54

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ 10CC
A couple of clarifications for you
Aisha was 9yrs old when the marriage was consummated.
50% of the world then as now are female, adult males do not constitute the other 50% and not all of those adult males had sex with children. Hence your claim about the majority is an exaggeration at the very least.
There is only one problem with this scenario, where is your evidence to prove that 50% of the worlds population was and remains female as you claim??  Where are you getting this information from??? Please post something in support of this.

Let us also remind ourselves that there were more deaths among males compared to females during this time. Also let us further remind ourselves that during wars there are more males killed compared to females, more men die from accidents and deseases than women, the average life span of women are more than that of males, and at any given time there are more widows in the world than widowers. So therefore my question to you now would be if what you say is correct that there were 50% of males at the time how many % of males after what I mentioned above would be adult males??? Certainly not 50%!!!

Burninglight
Guru

Post #55

Post by Burninglight »

[Replying to HaLi8993]You say the Quran has "no errors, mistakes nor contradictions in the Quran as the Quran is the true religion in which God has chosen for all of mankind," but have you considered the miracle of fulfilled Bible prophecy?

I know Muslims say that the Quran is the only miracle from Muhammad. I have tried to see it. I have really been thinking about the Quran, and I find terrible discrepancies that should disturb Muslims who truly want what is true. It shows me that if the Bible is corrupted, Islam is corrupted, and if the BIBLE IS NOT CORRUPTED, Islam is still corrupted. I can prove this with the Quran and the Bible:

Let’s look at Quran 3:55. This verse proves the Christians will remain victorious until the resurrection which has yet to happen! I have read the verse.

S. 61:14 who are the helpers of Allah? They are the Christian believers that will be upper most of people. Well Christians were the ones who took over the Roman empire and were upper most helpers aided by Allah, but they taught that Jesus died and rose from the dead for our sin and spoke of his divinity as the son of God. So why are they being aided by Allah?

S. 3:3 The torah and gospels are revelations from Allah. Some Muslims say it confirms the Scripture that came before, but they became corrupted. That is not what S. 3:3 says in Arabic; it means that which is between your hands. They still had it. That was what Allah was confirming as his revelation.

S. 10:94 Muhammad’s doubts his revelation, and is told to ask us people of the Book; it means we still had the uncorrupted Book. Which is still the same as it was back then. Muhammad's wife tells him to accept his revelation as from Allah and that he is not possessed, but he is a prophet. So Islam depended on the judgment of a woman who encouraged Muhammad to accept what he doubted. She deceived him like Eve deceived Adam. Satan still uses the same deceptions on people for he is the best of deceivers (father of lies) and he proves it by making something appear to be true that isn't. But the real deception was to get you to believe that Jesus didn't die for our sin and rise from the dead.

S. 7:157 They who follow the unlettered prophet in the Book. Muslims say Muhammad is spoken of in the Bible. I think not, but even if he were, it is written (S. 5:57) Let the people of the gospel judge, by what Allah put in therein. I am a person of the Book. I then judge Islam is false. You say "No, you must believe it� But I can’t or I will be rebellious if I do, because I judged it false and that Muhammad was not a prophet of my God. Moreover, (S. 5:68) states I have no ground to stand on; unless, I stand on the gospel; the Quran confirms our Scriptures.

S. 6: 114-115 No one can corrupt the word of Allah. None can alter his words. So the torah and gospels cannot be corrupted, because Allah confirms and affirms them. If the Bible is corrupted, so is Islam. If it is not corrupt, Islam is still corrupted and false. You need to ask yourself "Why does Allah say we have access to the torah and gospel, and why does it tell me to judge by it what he has said in it?

This is why I say I have really been thinking about the Quran and I find terrible discrepancies that should disturb Muslims truly wanting the truth. It shows that if the Bible is corrupted, Islam is corrupted, and if the BIBLE IS NOT CORRUPTED, Islam is still corrupted. I have proven this with the Quran and the Bible.

The Quranic verse about those that write with their own hands and selling for a miserable price wasn’t talking about the torah and gospel nor does it mention it. It is obvious Allah wasn’t referring to the Bible, because the Quran states no one can change or corrupt the word of Allah and Allah claims the torah and gospels are from him.
It looks to me like Muhammad didn’t carefully put the Quran together; moreover, he and Allah show grave misconceptions of the trinity that are easy to proof. The only miracle I see is how Muslims can stay in Islam with so many doctrine holes and discrepancies.

Peace be unto you

King of Kings

Post #56

Post by King of Kings »

[Replying to post 55 by Burninglight]

Salam I first have to aplologise that i am using a tablet and not my computer to reply so some of the functions are not available to me.

I understand you were replying to a fellow muslim but hopefully she will reply to this post. But in the mean time i thought id have a stab at it.
Let’s look at Quran 3:55. This verse proves the Christians will remain victorious until the resurrection which has yet to happen! I have read the verse. 
Quran 3:55 [Mention] when Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.

Allah is not talking about TRINITARIAN christians that exist today. He is refering to those who believed and followed ONE GOD just like Jesus PBUH, nor is Allah talking about christians today when refering to making them supierior but those who followed the Islamic Monotheism that jesus preached over the disbelievers of that time.
S. 61:14 who are the helpers of Allah? They are the Christian believers that will be upper most of people. Well Christians were the ones who took over the Roman empire and were upper most helperson aided by Allah, but they taught that Jesus died and rose from the dead for our sin and spoke of his divinity as the son of God. So why are they being aided by Allah? 
Quran 61:14 O you who have believed, be supporters of Allah , as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to the disciples, "Who are my supporters for Allah ?" The disciples said, "We are supporters of Allah ." And a faction of the Children of Israel believed and a faction disbelieved. So We supported those who believed against their enemy, and they became dominant.

Once again Allah is talking about non Trinitarian christians and those early followers of christ that only believed in ONE GOD. Early christians did not believe christ to be god. I will dwell on this further in my conclusion.
S.3:3 The torah and gospels are revelations from Allah. Some Muslims say it confirms the Scripture that came before, but they became corrupted. That is not what S. 3:3 says in Arabic; it means that which is between your hands. They still had it. That was what Allah was confirming as his revelation. 
Quran 3:3 He has sent down upon you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel.

Maybe you can tell me the arabic words used for what you claim, cos im guessing you cant read Quranic Arabic. As the verse above says ALLAH is CONFIRMING what was sent before.
S. 10:94 Muhammad’s doubts his revelation, and is told to ask us people of the Book; it means we still had the uncorrupted Book. Which is still the same as it was back then. Muhammad's wife tells him to accept his revelation as from Allah and that he is not possessed, but he is a prophet. So Islam depended on the judgment of a woman who encouraged Muhammad to accept what he doubted. She deceived him like Eve deceived Adam. Satan still uses the same deceptions on people for he is the best of deceivers (father of lies) and he proves it by making something appear to be true that isn't. But the real deception was to get you to believe that Jesus didn't die for our sin and rise from the dead
Quran 10:94 So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.

By your logic then mary was also decieved when she infact saw the devil and not the archangel.
What Allah is saying is that what Allah has said was told before therefore you should find it. Such as ONE God, the previous prophets PBUT, the books ect.
S. 7:157 They who follow the unlettered prophet in the Book. Muslims say Muhammad is spoken of in the Bible. I think not, but even if he were, it is written (S. 5:57) Let the people of the gospel judge, by what Allah put in therein. I am a person of the Book. I then judge Islam is false. You say "No, you must believe it� But I can’t or I will be rebellious if I do, because I judged it false and that Muhammad was not a prophet of my God. Moreover, (S. 5:68) states I have no ground to stand on; unless, I stand on the gospel; the Quran confirms our Scriptures. S. 6: 114-115 No one can corrupt the word of Allah. None can alter his words. So the torah and gospels cannot be corrupted, because Allah confirms and affirms them. If the Bible is corrupted, so is Islam. If it is not corrupt, Islam is still corrupted and false. You need to ask yourself "Why does Allah say we have access to the torah and gospel, and why does it tell me to judge by it what he has said in it? 
None of the verse references you gave actually say anything as you quoted it to.
http://quran.com/5/55-57
http://quran.com/7/155-159
http://quran.com/114

If you wanted to judge then you would have to be fair and objective not emotional and subjective therefore by your logic you woukd have made an unjust judgment deeming it to be incorrect.
An objective person would analyse the evidence and then make a judgment even if it goes against what they believe or hold.

Also the people of the book were given guardianship of thier book but the quran is to be guarded by ALLAH and that us what he said.

In conclusion the verses that you referenced were either misunderstood on your part or not correctly referenced. But that tends to happen by those who wish to believe in what they have already made there mind up with out looking at the evidence objectively.

I wanted to ask you, since you keep on making references to jesus PBUH dying for our sins and ROSE from the dead, that do you believe JESUS PBUH to be GOD?

If so then i shall have to ask how does a God die? You see in 1TImothy 6:16. It says "God alone is IMMORTAL" so by Gods logic anyone who claims to be god can not die! Did jesus die? You claim YES so then he isnt God, by Gods own Logic God CANT DIE.

Now part two of your stament is that he was "resurrected" so the question is does resurrection apply to an IMMORTAL or a MORTAL being?

Since an immortal cant die therfore cant be resurrected then it only apllies to a mortal, so when you say Jesus PBUH was resurrected he was a MORTAL which means he wasnt God!

Now If you also claim that the God bit didnt die but the flesh did, than my friend you have been conned because according to Christian theology one man cannot carry the sins of the world, it has to be God, so a God has to die and not human flesh otherwise anyone of us can die for the sins of this world.

I wish i could do it in a flow chart for you so you coukd visualise the illogical claim.
If God is IMMORTAL he cant die if jesus claimed to be god and you say he died then he is not God according to the bible. If you claim that he rose from the dead then resurrection does not apply to GOD because GOD CANT DIE! THUS Jesus PBUH is not GOD

Its quite simple and basic Logic that we all shoukd posses. Maybe its about time you looked into the logic of your religion.

Salam.