Is Judaism non debatable?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

Is Judaism non debatable?

Post #1

Post by postroad »

If this is the truth in practice, if not by regulation just let me know and I will be on my way.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Yes, Judaism is debateable, but it needs to follow the rules and guidelines.

First, it needs to be in a debate subforum. Second, it needs to be phrased as a debate topic, not as simply offering your position on Judaism.

postroad
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by postroad »

otseng wrote: Yes, Judaism is debateable, but it needs to follow the rules and guidelines.

First, it needs to be in a debate subforum. Second, it needs to be phrased as a debate topic, not as simply offering your position on Judaism.
Could you tell me if becoming a reformed Jew and accepting that the debate must presume that scriptures are non literal are required?

cnorman18

Post #4

Post by cnorman18 »

postroad wrote:
otseng wrote: Yes, Judaism is debateable, but it needs to follow the rules and guidelines.

Could you tell me if becoming a reformed Jew and accepting that the debate must presume that scriptures are non literal are required?
r

Excuse me, but no one has ever said that. What WAS said was that presuming that the Scriptures MUST be read literally is NOT required in Judaism. The difference is not subtle -- and there are no Reform (not "reformed") Jews on this forum.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

postroad wrote: Could you tell me if becoming a reformed Jew and accepting that the debate must presume that scriptures are non literal are required?
There are no requirements of any belief to debate on this forum.