I'm Lost

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

Brad-sd

I'm Lost

Post #1

Post by Brad-sd »

I'm wondering if I share the same beliefs with anyone else. I've never studied religion or the different belief systems, so I'm not sure which group i'm supposed to be labeled under. :blink:

Maybe someone can point me to my own kind.

To put it in it's most blunt and basic form, without going into specifics. I believe that what we do here on earth is meaningless and has no effect whatsoever on our true mission, which is spiritual in nature.

I couldn't find anything on the board related to spiritual beliefs.

justforme
Student

Re: I'm Lost

Post #11

Post by justforme »

bernee51 wrote:
Brad-sd wrote:I'm wondering if I share the same beliefs with anyone else. I've never studied religion or the different belief systems, so I'm not sure which group i'm supposed to be labeled under. :blink:

Maybe someone can point me to my own kind.

To put it in it's most blunt and basic form, without going into specifics. I believe that what we do here on earth is meaningless and has no effect whatsoever on our true mission, which is spiritual in nature.

I couldn't find anything on the board related to spiritual beliefs.
looking for a lable is rediculous.
what is for you is in you to discover, not up to anyone else.

The meaning of life is a life of meaning.

Artie
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by Artie »

ttruscott wrote:Everyone born on earth is evil. Some will be converted and sanctified and some will be banished outside of created reality. Christianity suggests there is no way to know who is who in life...so ask not about particular people, I do not know.

This is pretty ordinary Christian stuff, eh?

Peace, Ted
Here's a definition of evil: "profoundly immoral and malevolent." So is it ordinary for a Christian to believe that everybody who is not "converted" is "profoundly immoral and malevolent"? Many Christians seem to argue that if they hadn't been Christians they would be "profoundly immoral and malevolent" and capable of anything. Maybe these Christians think everybody are like them.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by ttruscott »

Artie wrote:
ttruscott wrote:Everyone born on earth is evil. Some will be converted and sanctified and some will be banished outside of created reality. Christianity suggests there is no way to know who is who in life...so ask not about particular people, I do not know.

Peace, Ted
Here's a definition of evil: "profoundly immoral and malevolent." So is it ordinary for a Christian to believe that everybody who is not "converted" is "profoundly immoral and malevolent"? Many Christians seem to argue that if they hadn't been Christians they would be "profoundly immoral and malevolent" and capable of anything. Maybe these Christians think everybody are like them.
I agree, they do.

You may be seeking to find the definition of a person's morality in his life - According to Christianity, his only morality is found in his relationship with GOD. Those who have rejected HIM have self created themselves as profoundly immoral and malevolent (either eternally nor temporarily), but on earth, that immoral malevolence is often restrained by God to lesson the suffering in the world.

Satan is certainly smart enough to restrain himself so as to appear like an angel of light but that does not change his malevolent immorality at all...thus is is impossible to tell by a life just how righteous a person is.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

justforme
Student

Post #14

Post by justforme »

ttruscott wrote:
Artie wrote:
ttruscott wrote:The method of finding those who wanted this heavenly experience was to give us the ability to make free will decisions which found those who did want HIS heavenly experience but some chose against it and become eternally evil.
So no Hindus or Buddhists or atheists or agnostics in Heaven then because we are all evil?
Everyone born on earth is evil. Some will be converted and sanctified and some will be banished outside of created reality. Christianity suggests there is no way to know who is who in life...so ask not about particular people, I do not know.

Peace, Ted
That is false, everyone born on earth is not evil.
Babies are pure, It is evil that attacks a baby if they are not protected by their parents. Children are corrupted by evil adults and inflicts the children.

SEMyers
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by SEMyers »

[Replying to post 14 by justforme]

Greetings justforme

I was surprised by your comment: "Babies are pure." I disagree. The Bible declares that by one man (Adam) sin entered the world, judgment fell, and death reigned (Rom 5:12-21). 1 Cor 15:22 says "in Adam all die."

Even the one second old newborn is a vile sinner corrupted by the depraved inheritance of their parents. I will note that they are surely innocent. But innocent and pure are miles apart.

This helps us understand better the full magnitude of our depravity. We are much more than sinners. At our best we all are vile helpless and deceived. Isaiah tells us that the best of our righteous deeds are "filthy rags."

Isn't it amazing that God shed His love on us just as we are?!
S. E. Myers

justforme
Student

Post #16

Post by justforme »

[Replying to post 15 by SEMyers]

You are welcome to your outlook.
Have a nice evening.
louise