Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

Atherosclerosis
Student

A Question

Post #1

Post by Atherosclerosis »

Atheists:

An honest question here, which deserves an honest answer—why are so many (not all) atheists obsessed with convincing theists that God doesn’t exist?

Note: this is not meant to be hostile or insulting to any atheists. It is simply meant as an honest question.

GISMYS
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by GISMYS »

[Replying to post 40 by otseng]

I am here trying to help this lost sinner find God and not go to hell. Pharisees did not like the way JESUS taught anf time is very very short!! P lease stop the harassment!!! count the cost!!! THIS IS ETERNITY AT STAKE HERE DON'T YOU CARE??

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by Danmark »

GISMYS wrote: [Replying to post 40 by otseng]

P lease stop the harassment!!! count the cost!!! THIS IS ETERNITY AT STAKE HERE DON'T YOU CARE??
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please do not respond to moderator actions.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: A Question

Post #43

Post by Zzyzx »

Although the thread dates from August 2012 and the originator has not visited since three days after posting the topic, it deserves a response (since it has been "resurrected").
Atherosclerosis wrote: Atheists:

An honest question here, which deserves an honest answer—why are so many (not all) atheists obsessed with convincing theists that God doesn’t exist?
From a Non-Theist (rather than an Atheist); I have no interest in convincing Theists of anything. Instead, I present ideas for readers (of any theistic position) to consider and evaluate. Often said ideas are in opposition to theistic claims of knowledge regarding "gods" and supernatural happenings described in ancient writings by unidentified people and/or more modern testimonials describing supernatural encounters (or "feelings" or "visions" or mental events).

I would have nothing at all to say on the topic if Theists did not attempt to convince others (or themselves) that they KNOW about such things (after reading a book or listening to sermons and becoming convinced / committed / indoctrinated).

Theists often seem to resent expression of opposition views that keep them from running free with imagined claims of knowledge. Perhaps they are accustomed to encountering challenges and requests for verification that they speak truth – i.e., encountering the real world outside church or Christians-only environments.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence