Why do people have such a negative perception of christians?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Illyricum
Apprentice

Post #1

Post by Illyricum »

So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

Nameless

Post #11

Post by Nameless »

nikolayevich wrote:. But I do like to know why others view Christians negatively, so I'm grateful for the perspective provided here.
Nothing personal Nik, but the 'topic' was kinda irresistable... I was a christian for 20 years before I moved on (well, WAS moved on, hehehe). No-one is so 'passionate' as an 'ex-smoker'!

nikolayevich
Scholar

Post #12

Post by nikolayevich »

No worries... and I'm an ex-smoker myself ;)

scorpia
Sage

not really arguing

Post #13

Post by scorpia »

like demented robots regurgitating what has been programed into them, and they LOOK DOWN AT YOU if you don't believe the same nonsense they believe and are spouting! It is so absurd and they often shove their nonsense in your face as if doing you a favor! Mother told me that the emptiest barrels make the most noise... Its like being 'mooned with ignorance'!
It seems that you have been personally hurt by christians. Come to think of it many people have been hurt......

Am I any better than those who hurt? Probably not. In fact I may as well deserve a harsh judgement. After all these years, after all the personal hurt, I may deserve some cummupence. As revenge, Will you look down at me in return for my beliefs? I probably deserve it.
'Belief is never giving up.'- Random footy adverisement.

Sometimes even a wise man is wrong. Sometimes even a fool is right.