Danmark resigned from the moderating team

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Danmark resigned from the moderating team

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Danmark is now no longer on the moderating team.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Apology

Post #2

Post by Danmark »

I've enjoyed being a moderator for 17 months. But I had begun to realize I was finding it increasingly difficult to keep my 'Debater' biases out of my Moderator role. I knew this and had made half hearted offers to resign, but was met with so much graciousness and encouragement from the moderator team that I continued when I knew I was falling below my own standard.

Finally, I resigned, but not as graciously as I could have, AND I violated a procedure designed to keep important decisions collective and unbiased. That action of mine would have resulted in my removal had I not resigned first. I'm writing not just to apologize, but also to reassure debaters on all sides of the issues that the moderator team really does try to be fair and that the 'M Team' should not be judged by my errors.

otseng
Savant

Re: Apology

Post #3

Post by otseng »

[Replying to post 2 by Danmark]

Thank you for your apology. Your sins are forgiven. O:)

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Re: Apology

Post #4

Post by Blastcat »

Danmark wrote: I've enjoyed being a moderator for 17 months. But I had begun to realize I was finding it increasingly difficult to keep my 'Debater' biases out of my Moderator role. I knew this and had made half hearted offers to resign, but was met with so much graciousness and encouragement from the moderator team that I continued when I knew I was falling below my own standard.

Finally, I resigned, but not as graciously as I could have, AND I violated a procedure designed to keep important decisions collective and unbiased. That action of mine would have resulted in my removal had I not resigned first. I'm writing not just to apologize, but also to reassure debaters on all sides of the issues that the moderator team really does try to be fair and that the 'M Team' should not be judged by my errors.

WOW...

Can't freaking WAIT to debate the heck outta YOU.

I'm drooling here.... Chomping at the bit.

And thanks for.. "modeling" good behavior here, as it's really something that I am struggling with.