For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus against Karma

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Matthew 5:43-48The Message (MSG)
43-47 “You’re familiar with the old written law, ‘Love your friend,’ and its unwritten companion, ‘Hate your enemy.’ I’m challenging that. I’m telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best—the sun to warm and the rain to nourish—to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that.
48 “In a word, what I’m saying is, Grow up. You’re kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.�

Since Jesus says that God gives to the good and the bad (as per above) isn't that a refutation of Karma from within the Bible and refutation that Jesus endorses Karma?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Jesus against Karma

Post #11

Post by Divine Insight »

dio9 wrote: Do you know your history? I don't care to give a history lesson here, unless I have too. My feeling is you should know what you are talking about. So I shouldn't have too.
The Christian New Testament has Pontius Pilate exonerating Jesus many times over, pronouncing publicly that he finds no fault in him and washing his hands of the entire affair.

The Christian New Testament has the Jewish Chief Priests calling for the crucifixion of Jesus. The New Testament doesn't even remotely suggest that the Pharisees are working for the Romans.

So why should I care about your "history lessons"? :-k

Maybe instead you should try reading the Bible.

If the Romans killed Jesus by Roman authority then the Bible has it all wrong.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]