What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Morality of abortion

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

Generally Atheists are more likely to be pro-choice than Christians. Atheists generally believe fetuses to not be human beings while Christians generally believe they are.

So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life? Wouldn't giving them a life on earth make it possible for them to end up godless and sinful? Wouldn't we be doing them a favor by sending them directly to heaven?

So an Atheist who has an abortion saves these babies by sacrificing herself (since she will be going to hell supposedly anyway) and sending babies straight to heaven without them facing the temptation of a sinful life.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Until one can show God's upset about the womenfolk having abortions, I'll continue to defend their right to control their bodies. Unless they quit being pretty, then what's the use?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Morality of abortion

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Justin108 wrote: So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life? Wouldn't giving them a life on earth make it possible for them to end up godless and sinful? Wouldn't we be doing them a favor by sending them directly to heaven?
As a Christian, my personal belief is that I don't believe I have the RIGHT to send someone directly to heaven by killing them. Biblically I believe the right to take a life remains with God alone. I believe life begins at conception and for these reasons I would never have an abortion.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Wootah
Savant

Post #13

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Until one can show God's upset about the womenfolk having abortions, I'll continue to defend their right to control their bodies. Unless they quit being pretty, then what's the use?
Do you think a woman is in control of her body if she already has an unwanted pregnancy?

Are any of us in control of our bodies?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Justin108 wrote: So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life?
I do not believe this to be so. According to the bible has chosen only 144,000 individuals to go to heaven, for a particular role (Compare Rev 14:1; Rev 20:5). Since babies do not have the mental capacity do qualify to be chosen, not being disciples, of Christ, then they will not logically go to heaven.

This is not the reason why I believe abortion to be wrong but since is was presented in the opening comments as to why as a Christian I should believe abortions are a good thing, I thought I'd address this point.

Regards,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Yahu »

Justin108 wrote: Generally Atheists are more likely to be pro-choice than Christians. Atheists generally believe fetuses to not be human beings while Christians generally believe they are.

So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life? Wouldn't giving them a life on earth make it possible for them to end up godless and sinful? Wouldn't we be doing them a favor by sending them directly to heaven?

So an Atheist who has an abortion saves these babies by sacrificing herself (since she will be going to hell supposedly anyway) and sending babies straight to heaven without them facing the temptation of a sinful life.
Actually yes it would be a free pass to heaven. There is one problem. We gain in status and rewards in Heaven by overcoming error in life. They would show up in heaven with nothing to raise their eternal level of personal glory.

But as a Christian, I am pro-choose politically while my older brother has been a state level Right To Life president and still is a pro-life lobbyist. My position comes from Rev 2 that Jezebel is cursed with the death of her children by Yeshua personally. Who are we to stop Yeshua's curse on Jezebels that kill their own children. Let the curse of shedding innocent blood fall on them for their lifestyle.

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Yahu »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote: So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life?
I do not believe this to be so. According to the bible has chosen only 144,000 individuals to go to heaven, for a particular role (Compare Rev 14:1; Rev 20:5). Since babies do not have the mental capacity do qualify to be chosen, not being disciples, of Christ, then they will not logically go to heaven.

This is not the reason why I believe abortion to be wrong but since is was presented in the opening comments as to why as a Christian I should believe abortions are a good thing, I thought I'd address this point.

Regards,

JW
LOL, JW doctrine is so screwy. The 144,000 are Jews that turn to Yeshua after the church is raptured. They become the witnesses on the earth after the removal of the Christians.

bluethread
Savant

Post #17

Post by bluethread »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Until one can show God's upset about the womenfolk having abortions, I'll continue to defend their right to control their bodies. Unless they quit being pretty, then what's the use?
So, do you believe that she is free to rent out that body to the highest bidder?

tugofwarstrum
Student

Post #18

Post by tugofwarstrum »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

I'm Pro choice but I will do anything short of telling the woman I love she can't have a choice. I mean if having an abortion is so bad to you then wear a fucking condom or use some form of contraceptive, other than that if you have sex you run the chance of becoming a parent.

Wootah
Savant

Post #19

Post by Wootah »

tugofwarstrum wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

I'm Pro choice but I will do anything short of telling the woman I love she can't have a choice. I mean if having an abortion is so bad to you then wear a fucking condom or use some form of contraceptive, other than that if you have sex you run the chance of becoming a parent.

:warning: Moderator Final Warning

This is a civil debating site and swearing is not condoned.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #20

Post by OnceConvinced »

As a Christian I was always against abortion, figuring that we as humans had no right to play god. One thing I never once considered was that by having an abortion we were doing the child a favour.

But let's face it, if the bible is to believed and if the child does indeed get a free entry to Heaven, then it would be more loving and merciful to have them aborted, rather than having them potentially rejecting Jesus Christ and burning for all eternity in Hell.

The other thing that I think about now too, is that if babies get a free pass, then clearly God can choose to send anyone to Heaven he wants to. So there is absolutely no need for any blood sacrifices. Nor is there any need for anyone to acknowledge Jesus Christ as their saviour. Clearly God has mercy on who he chooses to have mercy. Jesus's death was clearly redundant to the whole forgiveness process.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World