National anthem for the Kingdom of God

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

National anthem for the Kingdom of God

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Since the Kingdom of God is a present and future reality, it it were up to you, what song or hymn would be your choice for our "national anthem"?

YHVH Nissi means YHVH my banner. SO why not a song as well?

My choice would be "Guide Me Thou Great Jehovah"....and yours?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

tam
Savant

Post #21

Post by tam »

"Yahveh"?
This is how it is pronounced, yes.

I am off to work soon, and so just wish to say thank you EJ for taking no offense. May you, if you wish, be granted ears to hear so that you may know the truth of this matter from the Truth, Himself: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Chosen One of Jah, the Most Holy One of Israel.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, so that you may hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the Bride say to YOU, "Come!" May anyone who thirsts, 'Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life."

(which water is holy spirit, that the Son has been given without end from His Father, that He may give to whomever He chooses)

Peace to you and to your loved ones, as my Lord gives peace,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Elijah John wrote:Even the Jehovah's Witness orginization allow for variations, if I understand their teaching correctly,( and JW, correct me if I am wrong on that)
Absolutely, that was the point of the list I posted. The rules and history of language vary enormously and the Divine Name is pronounced differently in different languages. Spellings differentiates from one country to another, some languages might not even HAVE the letter "Y" (or J) so alternative spelling are necessary, while respecting the basic rules of proper transliteration. What conclusion are we to make for these people? A lot of languages (many African dialects for example) are not written and alphebets have first to be invented. How can we be dogmetic about which letter must go at the beginning? Whose to say God won't hear the Zulu people because they spell the divine name with an initial U- rather than a Y-, or ignore sincere Norwegian praise because the hebrew Yod is transliterated to the letter /i/ in their language?

I firmly believe that God speaks all languages, even English.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8