Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Way too many homosexual threads on this sub-forum

Post #1

Post by Davidjayjordan »

The spectrum of sexuality is so broad and so wonderful and so fulfilling in producing love, bonding and children and yet this sub-forum's threads are almost all on the very small topic of homosexuality. Can you see the outrageous disparity towards this fascination against homosexuality, and I guess lesbianism, transexuals, etc etc....

That in and of itself should send red flags up, that our society and our religionists are slanted, and the views of our Western society are out of alignment.

In My Opinion...... as its just an observation that is easily recognised from viewing the topics HEREIN

What do you think ?

Lets discuss real liberating sex, and stay away from criticizing the sex lives of others unless they are abusing others, or killing others, etc etc etc..

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Way too many homosexual threads on this sub-forum

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Davidjayjordan wrote: Lets discuss real liberating sex
One issue I would bring up on this topic:

1. Young people should be taught ways of obtaining sexual pleasures and fulfillment that don't require intercourse. This could play a large part in preventing unwanted pregnancy in teens, for example.

It's not good to teach young people that any and all forms of sexual pleasure are wrong. In fact, by teaching them that we're actually teaching them that it doesn't matter whether they do something like mutual masturbation, or "go all the way" to intercourse, because they have been taught that one is just as bad as the other in terms of beings a "sin" or whatever.

So by teaching them that non-intercourse sexual pleasures are "ok", but intercourse is not ok, gives them much stronger reasons for refraining from intercourse specifically.

So the greatest problem I see in making sex a "taboo topic" in general is that it places any and all sexual behavior on the same level of being "taboo" as intercourse, and thus makes intercourse "no worse" than something like mutual masturbation, for example.

So I think much can be gained by making sexual topics more open and free for discussion and even for social approval. We could still point out that intercourse itself has far too many risks, not the least of which is the possibility of unwanted pregnancies. But there would be no need to disapprove of youths who engage in other forms of sexual intimacy.

Davidjayjordan wrote: , and stay away from criticizing the sex lives of others unless they are abusing others, or killing others, etc etc etc..
With this I agree 100%. As long as people are doing things with open consent and no one is being harmed then they should be respected for who they are.

I might also mention here that heterosexual couples who cause unwanted pregnancies are harming others. Whereas homosexual couples can't even cause unwanted pregnancies. In other words, irresponsible heterosexual intercourse, could be far more harmful than any form of homosexuality could ever be.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Davidjayjordan »

Divine Insight wrote:
Davidjayjordan wrote: Lets discuss real liberating sex
One issue I would bring up on this topic:

1. Young people should be taught ways of obtaining sexual pleasures and fulfillment that don't require intercourse. This could play a large part in preventing unwanted pregnancy in teens, for example.

It's not good to teach young people that any and all forms of sexual pleasure are wrong. In fact, by teaching them that we're actually teaching them that it doesn't matter whether they do something like mutual masturbation, or "go all the way" to intercourse, because they have been taught that one is just as bad as the other in terms of beings a "sin" or whatever.

So by teaching them that non-intercourse sexual pleasures are "ok", but intercourse is not ok, gives them much stronger reasons for refraining from intercourse specifically.

So the greatest problem I see in making sex a "taboo topic" in general is that it places any and all sexual behavior on the same level of being "taboo" as intercourse, and thus makes intercourse "no worse" than something like mutual masturbation, for example.

So I think much can be gained by making sexual topics more open and free for discussion and even for social approval. We could still point out that intercourse itself has far too many risks, not the least of which is the possibility of unwanted pregnancies. But there would be no need to disapprove of youths who engage in other forms of sexual intimacy.

Davidjayjordan wrote: , and stay away from criticizing the sex lives of others unless they are abusing others, or killing others, etc etc etc..
With this I agree 100%. As long as people are doing things with open consent and no one is being harmed then they should be respected for who they are.

I might also mention here that heterosexual couples who cause unwanted pregnancies are harming others. Whereas homosexual couples can't even cause unwanted pregnancies. In other words, irresponsible heterosexual intercourse, could be far more harmful than any form of homosexuality could ever be.
Divine insight from divine insight.........

Hear ye and hear ye, and hear some divine insight....

MM..... can be a very useful alternative...... I can see it ...... and wish it was available in my day....

However lets be realists, the church system of control, power and money would never allow it, and they are in bed with their controllers the political system, who supposedly makes sexual laws to control the young and medium and old, so such freedom in the HERE and NOW is not going to happen

IN MY Opinion and from experience....... some very fine experiences.. Thank the Lord

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #4

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 1 by Davidjayjordan]

Christianity is about controlling the masses for the benefit of a few. There are two main, direct ways of doing this: money and personal lives.
Both of which are exceptionally spoken of within churces in modern times.
In America, Christianity wants your money and wants to control your sexuality.
Christianity also wants to do this with as little effort as possible (IE laziness)
So we get on wedsite, call the media and, if we're feeling energetic (and the weather's nice and we've had our caffeine) we get our posterboards and sticks and protest somewhere.
What's ironis is that Christians like to tell others what to do with their bodies, lives and money all the while being as guilty of these things in their own lives. Maybe it's more about 'doing' than 'living' and they think the more they 'do' the more of a chance they'll get into Heaven? Or maybe they just list controlling others and hide behind an invisible man in the sky?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Davidjayjordan]

Too many by whose standards? How many is acceptable 10? 20? 200?

If that's what people want to talk about and it does seem to be on a lot of people's minds then I think we cannot catagorize it as too many... I'm not a moderator however, so I guess it would be for them to moderate if the number of threads on a particular topic exceeds the maximum.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

bluethread
Savant

Post #6

Post by bluethread »

Davidjayjordan wrote:
However lets be realists, the church system of control, power and money would never allow it, and they are in bed with their controllers the political system, who supposedly makes sexual laws to control the young and medium and old, so such freedom in the HERE and NOW is not going to happen
Apart from laws against child abuse and pedophilia, how are the "controllers the political system" limiting such freedoms now? Are you saying that the state should be teaching these things, the state is not allowing parents to teach these things, and/or that the sexualizing of children is not the concern of the state?