What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Morality of abortion

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

Generally Atheists are more likely to be pro-choice than Christians. Atheists generally believe fetuses to not be human beings while Christians generally believe they are.

So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life? Wouldn't giving them a life on earth make it possible for them to end up godless and sinful? Wouldn't we be doing them a favor by sending them directly to heaven?

So an Atheist who has an abortion saves these babies by sacrificing herself (since she will be going to hell supposedly anyway) and sending babies straight to heaven without them facing the temptation of a sinful life.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Morality of abortion

Post #21

Post by OnceConvinced »

wannabe wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

You should know that it is actually a blessing to be born as an entity, to be able to understand self worth, to have self recognition on a higher level, and to know that you alone , (besides the fact of your creator), are the only reason for your now existence (and towards heaven).
Is it a blessing if that child is born and then later rejects the gospel and ends up in Hell?

This is the big issue here. Every potential Christian parent should be terrified at the possibility that their child may end up rejecting Jesus. Would it be better to not ever have any children at all so as to avoid the horror of your beloved child ending up in Hell? I mean just imagine how you will be feeling in Heaven knowing that your child is suffering in agony in Hell (if you believe in eternal Hell that is). Or how you will feel rubbing shoulders with the person that sentenced them to that suffering?

These are issues I never even thought about as a Christian. However they stand out to me now like a sore thumb.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #22

Post by OnceConvinced »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote: So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life? Wouldn't giving them a life on earth make it possible for them to end up godless and sinful? Wouldn't we be doing them a favor by sending them directly to heaven?
As a Christian, my personal belief is that I don't believe I have the RIGHT to send someone directly to heaven by killing them. Biblically I believe the right to take a life remains with God alone. I believe life begins at conception and for these reasons I would never have an abortion.

JW
Perhaps it would then be more merciful never to have children at all, so that then you never have to worry about bringing a child into the world that could reject Jesus Christ? So NEVER have unprotected sex. Or just never have sex at all.

The only problem then, is that you are going against God's command to go forth and multiply.

So it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #23

Post by OnceConvinced »

Yahu wrote:

Actually yes it would be a free pass to heaven. There is one problem. We gain in status and rewards in Heaven by overcoming error in life. They would show up in heaven with nothing to raise their eternal level of personal glory.
As an Ex-Christian who is now on the fast track to Hell (at least according to many Christians), this would be very appealing to me. I would rather turn up in Heaven with no personal glory than burn in Hell.

I would also think that you would surely not want your own offspring to burn in Hell. Wouldn't you rather they just turned up in Heaven without any accolades, rather than suffer in Hell?

Also do you believe that the death of Jesus Christ was necessary for forgiveness of sin? If it's possible to get a "free pass", then doesn't that simply make Jesus's death redundant?

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #24

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to post 21 by OnceConvinced]

wannabe wrote:
[Replying to post 1 by Justin108] 

You should know that it is actually a blessing to be born as an entity, to be able to understand self worth, to have self recognition on a higher level, and to know that you alone , (besides the fact of your creator), are the only reason for your now existence (and towards heaven).

OnceConvinced wrote:

Is it a blessing if that child is born and then later rejects the gospel and ends up in Hell? 

This is the big issue here. Every potential Christian parent should be terrified at the possibility that their child may end up rejecting Jesus. Would it be better to not ever have any children at all so as to avoid the horror of your beloved child ending up in Hell? I mean just imagine how you will be feeling in Heaven knowing that your child is suffering in agony in Hell (if you believe in eternal Hell that is). Or how you will feel rubbing shoulders with the person that sentenced them to that suffering? 

These are issues I never even thought about as a Christian. However they stand out to me now like a sore thumb.

: : :

No one will miss what they are not reaching for, and if you reach for your children and you are in heaven, then your love will welcome them in and they will find new understandings.

So it is not to fear for that of your children, and you find yourself in heaven ! If you love your children they have safe haven.

Besides, a person probably wouldn't find themselves in heaven if they were responsible in any way for harming their children. ( But if a person were to ask their children for forgiveness, the child might save them. )

Everyone is going to meet Jesus. It's whether or not they understand that it is at this juncture where it is decided , your ( by you ) new direction.
It is wise to head in the direction of righteousness, and this is achievable. (Through forgiveness ) (it's a cleansing thought.)

. Because embodiment is a God given. ( So if you find yourself in spirit, be aware of your creator or, don't be aware, (except of yourself, all your memories and time.)

Christians have the benefit of knowing the Lord Jesus exists, so they don't have to assume a sad point in the ending. But understand and know their God ( which does exist) will deliver all promised.
Love is where the power is. (It doesn't end ).
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

iam1me
Student

Post #25

Post by iam1me »

Justin108 wrote: Generally Atheists are more likely to be pro-choice than Christians. Atheists generally believe fetuses to not be human beings while Christians generally believe they are.

So Christians, what problem do you have with abortion if aborted "babies" get a free pass to heaven without having to be tested in life? Wouldn't giving them a life on earth make it possible for them to end up godless and sinful? Wouldn't we be doing them a favor by sending them directly to heaven?

So an Atheist who has an abortion saves these babies by sacrificing herself (since she will be going to hell supposedly anyway) and sending babies straight to heaven without them facing the temptation of a sinful life.
1. This is an unrealistic motive; this is more of an excuse someone might think up after the fact if confronted. Not to say an impossible motive, you get nut jobs who join cults and then do massive suicides like this. However, the motive for an abortion is generally much more self centered. But I'll play along.

2. Let us start with the fact that it is entirely against God's will. He didn't make us robots to simply do what is right; he teaches us what is right and urges us to do what is right - but he does not force us to do what is right. God desires that we, of our own volition, choose to do what is right. So, from a Christian perspective, this is simply a wrong thing to do; there is no moral dilemma.

3. If the mother is a God fearing woman who loves God and wants to see her children get to heaven; then the logical thing to do is to raise them as a good Christians who love God.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #26

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

Pro Abortion
- Not a newborn for the cannibal right after birth...
- Not a newborn for the unfit mother or parents...
- Not a newborn as some kind of sextoy early in life or later...
- Not a newborn to fulfill a pervert hope...
- Not a newborn for the sadistic sodomy at any point in life...
- Not a newborn to fulfill parents' wish apart from the newborn itself...
- Not a late abortion to fulfill stemcell research need... (pro abortion limitation)
- Not a newborn to abusive parents...
- Not a newborn to dire social circumstances, like extreme poverty, hunger, thirst, insanity, war, neighborhood of crime...

As you see, I'm pro abortion. Also for reasons stated here:
Blogspot, Pro Abortion - Refined View: https://whatiswritten777.blogspot.com/2 ... athic.html.

:study: :D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!