Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Feeling unqualified

Post #1

Post by Peds nurse »

Hello my fellow debators!

I have known this for quite some time, but right now I feel I need a voice to my thoughts. I stink at debating. I'm not making light of the situation, or begging for praise. I am not a debator, and I can't say that I really enjoy it as most do. I am up against people with far superior intellect and debating skills. I feel under qualified at most. One would question my statements to be true with all my posts, but they are mere attempts to convey my heart to yours.

I am a peacemaker. I will go to great lengths to ensure peace, so this site is even more of a stretch for me. So why do I come back? Why do I spend precious alone moments with all of you? It is because I love you all, in the very deepest sense of the word. That might be a pretty strong statement for some, but it is my truth. I am not here to sway you to become a Christian. I am here to love you, to encourage you and to debate, however faulty it is on my part. You are wonderful people, and spending time in dialect is a privilege for someone such as myself. I will share God's truth as I know it, but not to convince, it's just simply all I know.

Thanks beautiful people!

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Re: Feeling unqualified

Post #11

Post by Peds nurse »

[Replying to post 10 by rikuoamero]

Hello Rikuoamero!!! I have missed this forum, and have had withdrawls!

I do have a college education, but that wasn't my point for posting the thread. I don't really articulate very well, as some do. It isn't my strength. My strength is accepting people for who they are. I adore people, a whole bunch, and I can learn from anyone. I just don't have the debating edge as some do, but I'm okay with that, because hopefully, I can spread a little love along my journey here!

Have a wonderfully productive posting day :-)

Wissing
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Wissing »

I think it's good to be under-qualified and okay with it. The alternative is to be under-qualified and not okay with it, which results in arrogance. Others, myself included, tend to get into brain-measuring evidence battles that result in one-upping each other and referencing heaps of data to defend our pride.

For a long time I felt shame because other people seemed smarter than me, because they knew a lot of facts and had read a lot of books. Science, philosophy, history... you name it. Instead of trusting the Lord, I went to great lengths to learn a bunch of facts and read a lot of books so I could make well-informed responses. I didn't like it when people turned up their noses at me because I relied on faith instead of knowledge. So I went to great lengths to pursue knowledge. But knowledge is like an ocean: the further out you swim, the deeper the water gets. The more I know, the more I realize how big the knowledge pool is. The ratio (my knowledge :: available knowledge) is always shrinking.

Ecclesiastes 1:16-18
I said in my heart, “I have acquired great wisdom, surpassing all who were over Jerusalem before me, and my heart has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.� And I applied my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is but a striving after wind.
For in much wisdom is much vexation,
and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.
But knowledge is a good thing - just, it has to be the right kind of knowledge. One that doesn't depend on my level of education or even my literacy. One that a child could achieve. God's wisdom looks like folly to this world, but His is better than ours because we are only human, and to err is human.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Matthew 11:25
...Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children.
1 Corinthians 3:18-21
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness�; and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.� Therefore let no one boast in men.

Black Sheep
Banned
Banned

Re: Feeling unqualified

Post #13

Post by Black Sheep »

[Replying to Peds nurse]

You might think I'm kidding but I'm not... many times I've learned more from people who felt they were unqualified than from educated people like my cousin who has a doctorate. God often speaks to us through people. I've found that the most uneducated and basic people have more insight and speak to me more than those who are educated top dogs in the industry.

I've been of forums for over 13 years now and I'm very pleased to see that otseng and the mods don't fool around with mean people.

This forum has the most behaved people than any forum I've been on. Thank God for that!

You know the old saying, "You can learn a lot from a dummy!"

Black Sheep
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Black Sheep »

[Replying to post 12 by Wissing]

I agree Wiss. The more I study God's Word the more I realize how much I don't know. Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed by it that I have to walk away and let it go for a while, then return later after pondering things over.

I do have a question though. How do I unsubscribe from getting emails. I've tried on the unsubscribe like on the emails but that didn't work. Settings maybe?