Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Notifications

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

I often get lost in all the posts I comment on. I've probably been responded to in the past and never got to replying because I completely forgot about the post. I'm not sure how much development this will take, but is it possible to introduce some kind of notification system that alerts you whenever someone replies to one of your posts or when you're quoted or replied to in another?

Regards

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

That's a good idea, but it would take a lot of development effort. Since I don't have any free time now, I won't be able to implement that.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Notifications

Post #3

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

A partial solution may be to click on "Notify when a new reply is posted" or
"Notify all post replies in topic" that appear near the bottom of each thread page. Doing that will automatically send you an email when a reply is posted.

Of course that will not provide notification if you are quoted in a different thread.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

otseng wrote: That's a good idea, but it would take a lot of development effort. Since I don't have any free time now, I won't be able to implement that.
We now have sound data to suggest that otseng is a full and complete human, and not a brain in a vat. Now y'all that thought he was, we can't dare get on ya, 'cause previous data suggested he was composed entirely of brain.

:wave:
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

JoeyKnothead wrote:
otseng wrote: That's a good idea, but it would take a lot of development effort. Since I don't have any free time now, I won't be able to implement that.
We now have sound data to suggest that otseng is a full and complete human, and not a brain in a vat. Now y'all that thought he was, we can't dare get on ya, 'cause previous data suggested he was composed entirely of brain.

:wave:
What in the world are you talking about you silly hillbilly?

Otseng has already demonstrated that he's far more than a brain in a vat:

[youtube][/youtube]
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]