Where in the bible does it say that woman must cover up.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

tugofwarstrum
Student

Where in the bible does it say that woman must cover up.

Post #1

Post by tugofwarstrum »

I know in the Muslim countries in the middle east it is culturally expected of woman to cover up but is it the same for Christians and is it backed up by scripture? To further this is it even backed up by scripture from the Qur'an? I ask cause there are two clergymen who come every year to my college and scream at the women who pass them that they are going to hell and that how they dress they are sluts and whores. Their message is of hate but is it backed up by scripture? Either way we have a professor here that goes and prints off Preacher bingo cards and it sure does send those two off the deep end and they usually quiet down and become civil or they leave. The two men are The Pit Preacher and Brother Jed.

An example of the preacher bingo:
http://imgur.com/gallery/0w6pPQz

And if by chance you have been a person targeted by either the two men are any man spewing words about how you must cover up, please read below and know that you are beautiful juts the way you are.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/removingth ... -cover-up/

Strider324
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by Strider324 »

[Replying to post 30 by mms20102]

You reject anything beyond Islamic teachings, and then your reject Islamic teachings, fatwas, hadiths, and the Quran itself. That's very convenient.

You reject the 'individual acts' which includes the 23 Million girls and women in Egypt mutilated far beyond your simple minded notion of 'circumcision', to include amputation of the clitoris - without anesthesia in 25% of cases - testified to by the actual women that were sexually mutilated.

It seems clear you have no intention of honestly debating this topic, now that the evidence I provided so overwhelmingly puts the lie to your whitewashed position, and will continue to simply deny the facts. I'll let the actual preponderance of evidence stand on its own. We're done here.
"Do Good for Good is Good to do. Spurn Bribe of Heaven and Threat of Hell"
- The Kasidah of Haji abdu al-Yezdi

mms20102
Scholar

Post #32

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 31 by Strider324]

Some how you try to cover your failure of getting anything saying that circumcision is a must for women by acts in Egypt which is almost 2% of the Islamic world .

Listen up If you want to debate some thing try to be straight to the point and stop going twisty I don't like such way of Islamophobics

1- Islam didn't mention any obligation in its teachings through Quran which is the main source of laws

2- Islam said that its good to trim the labia minora a little bit and never touch the clitros and not to trim it hardly because if trimmed hardly it will not be good for the woman or her husband

3- Its not against religion to be uncircumcised for women and parents have the right to decide to do it according to Islamic law or not to do it at all

4-
"I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by Allah." Whoever, forsaking Allah, takes satan for a friend, hath of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest." -Quran 4:119
This translation maybe not like the original text meaning as the meaning according to all scholars is changing the religion of god or changing its allowed and forbidden things

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #33

Post by JehovahsWitness »

mms20102 wrote:
2- Islam said that its good to trim the labia minora a little bit and never touch the clitros
Hello, can I just clarify, the Quran mentions female circumcission ("trimming the labia")? If so can you provide a reference?

Thanks,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

mms20102
Scholar

Post #34

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 33 by JehovahsWitness]

اشمى و لا تنهنكى

Its hadith and not quran means keep it high and don't trim alittle bit its said when prophet mohamed asked a woman are you going to do circumcision she replied yes if its wrong I will not do it prophet replied its ok but if you do it keep it high ( keep the clitros ) and don't exhaust it ( trim a little bit )

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #35

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 34 by mms20102]

Can you write the reference to the Hadith in English?

Are they your comments under the arabic or a word for word translation of the Hadith?

Thanks

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

mms20102
Scholar

Post #36

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 35 by JehovahsWitness]

Now since I have made sure that none actually know anything about the topic and non-studied it in detail its time to give the final answer for the previous questions

First the hadith I narrated is actually weak
There are different grades for every hadith " which is quotation of sayings said by prophet Mohamed " Weak means there is some thing wrong with the people passed down this saying

Second in Islam female circumcision is very complicated issue since some recommended it and some rejected it and all have a good reason

People who recommended it actually depended on the concept of equality and some strong hadith and one of them is the one mentioned before by Strider324

according to Medical site

During sexual stimulation, the hood may also prevent the penis from coming into direct contact with the glans clitoris

Sorry but I will not put site with female private parts here

People who rejected it did it because they were afraid of the wrong action that can be done to women by illiterate people

Third in Islam female circumcision must be done like males circumcision which means cutting the Clitoral hood which equals exactly the foreskin in males

This is the most simple and straight to the point post I can make to end this subject

Strider324
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by Strider324 »

This is the most simple and straight to the point post I can make to end this subject

Lol. You ended this subject when you chose to ignore the factual data compiled by WHO and UNICEF over decades and their interviews of thousands of mutilated women and chose instead to spread these lies you expect us to be ignorant enough to believe.

I understand your guilt over these inhuman practices and your desire to pretend they are benign. But any honest physician would tell you that slicing off a woman's labia causes damage to nerve endings that is IN NO WAY COMPARABLE to male circumcision.

You are either ignorant of this reality or simply dishonest.
"Do Good for Good is Good to do. Spurn Bribe of Heaven and Threat of Hell"
- The Kasidah of Haji abdu al-Yezdi

mms20102
Scholar

Post #38

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 37 by Strider324]

Or either you try to stick claims to Islam with no evidence and try to mislead every one I wonder if you even knew that the hadith I narrated was weak .

Listen up I just showed your lack of knowledge to everyone going further in this won't really help you because you are questioning acts and not teachings which makes your argument poor .

If you got something from my religion to show that we cut clitoris please hand it over or just learn more about the teachings and then give me some thing I can reply to because I find your posts show nothing but some one read general information from sites with no deep studies

mms20102
Scholar

Post #40

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to post 39 by Neatras]

Please people stop this misleading ....

Give me one source from Islamic teachings showing that females are mutated just one source

All those sites say nothing but almost 1.5% of the Islamic population how can you judge a religion of almost 2 billion human with this small amount please ........