What Are Your Christian Non-Negotiables?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

What Are Your Christian Non-Negotiables?

Post #1

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

To be "saved", what are the absolute non-negotiables? What must you absolutely do, believe, trust, say, etc? Jesus died for sins, Jesus is God, Belief in Trinity, Baptism, etc, etc. What cannot be ignored for salvation?
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #91

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Yahu wrote: My primary spiritual gift is discernment of spirits and the teachings of JW knot up my gut...
Could you possibly be mistaking a gift of the spirit for a spot of undigested beef? Timothy had some stomach problems there's absolutely no shame in it.

May the road always come up to meet you, my most sincere regards to you and yours,

Slave of the Most High,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Elijah John
Savant

Post #92

Post by Elijah John »

Yahu wrote:
onewithhim wrote: You ask, "Where is there room for the Spirit in this?" that is, the already prepared Memorial talk. The Holy Spirit already operated on the brothers that were preparing the talk at Bethel.

:-k
So you are stating that the only influence in the JW from the Holy Spirit's anointing is on the select few that prepare the propoganda? How sad.

It also implies that if they are led by demonic spirits instead, that influence is propagated throughout the entire denomination without the right to test the spirit behind that teaching. How convenient for the enemy and how against scripture that is. We are commanded to test the spirit behind any teaching. Your saying a JW isn't allowed to test the spirit behind any teaching because it is automatically from Yah to begin with. Again, how sad you are forced into disobedience. So unity of belief trumps truth or the ability to even test the teaching.

Yeshua didn't say He came to bring unity but conflict. Without conflict, you cant test and overcome error. Without overcoming, there is no spiritual growth. Again, how sad.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Do not use your faith as a Spiritual weapon against others on these boards. Accusations of demonic influence against others and their denominations here has not place on a debating site. Pay particular attention to the portion I bolded in the quote. That is personal and crosses the line.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #93

Post by Elijah John »

onewithhim wrote: "Propaganda"? You have had the opportunity here to read and understand the truth. It has been spread out before your eyes for years. Yet you turn on it to trample it underfoot. To even respond to your hateful speech is becoming useless. (What YOU preach is against Scripture. Big time.)

Come Lord Jesus.

[-o<
Moderator Comment

Preaching is not reasoned rebuttal either.

This post would be considered to not comply with the guidelines on preaching. Please read through the guidelines and abide by them.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #94

Post by Elijah John »

2timothy316 wrote:
:yes:
No worries, I'm not catching my breath. Im just not wasting it. ;)

“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." Matt 7:6

"Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them." - Romans 16:17

Detractors say they are here to help others...we know better.

"Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works." - 2 John 9[/quote]

And do not use Scripture to rebuke, insult, dismiss, or admonish others. At least not here on this debating site.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #95

Post by Elijah John »

Yahu wrote:
Truth from a JW? I just trample on false teaching when and where I find it.

I am allowed to test the spirit behind any teaching (Thank Yah) and find that I will not listen to lying spirits and demonic doctrines.

Your post here contains infractions on many levels. These lines I quote from you are especially inexcusable.

Consider this a heads up for a final warning. Your next infraction could well trigger that final warning.

Please review our Rules.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #96

Post by Elijah John »

onewithhim wrote: Anyone who reads your post would know why I took acception to it. Don't be so smarmy. It's not very nice.

:confused2:
Moderator Comment

It's not very nice to call someone "smarmy" either. Not civil. Please refrain.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

-YHVH is LORD