Wake Up and believe all of the warnings before it’s too la

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Browner
Student

Wake Up and believe all of the warnings before it’s too la

Post #1

Post by Browner »

This is a very critical wake-up call to believers who are involved in habitual sin!
So, please consider these warning verses carefully!

Most of today’s churches, especially in the West, have been teaching a false gospel:
“If you received the Holy Spirit, God’s gift of grace guarantees you are going to heaven!�
(Some call this “once saved, always saved�, however salvation is a process!)
This false gospel has been taught because of such reasons as:
• church leadership has been deceived by Satan
• their #1 priority is man’s approval over God’s approval
• they desire people’s tithes above teaching correct doctrine

Important Note – To simplify this for some of you,
only warnings specifically to the churches have been listed!
(NOT included are many powerful warnings in the 4 gospels written to everyone.)

For brevity, only one proof verse is given for each topic.

Believe it or not: according to the warnings in the NT
… the following are the conditions for eternal life

IMO, these verses are the most obvious threats to not having eternal life

Continue to do good, seek for immortality, and obey the truth – Romans 2:1-11
Do not be a slave of sin (habitual unrepented-of sin) – Romans 6:16,21,23
Be a slave of obedience (leading to righteousness) – Romans 6:16
Be a slave of God (leading to holiness) – Romans 6:22 (note holiness in Heb 12:14)
Be led by the Holy Spirit, and put to death the deeds of your body – Romans 8:13-14
Hold fast to the word preached to you (which you believed) – 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
Do not sow to your flesh (re: God’s law of sowing and reaping) – Galatians 6:7-8
Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine, and continue in them – 1 Timothy 4:16
Do not be tempted (or enticed) by your desires, which lead to sin – James 1:12-16
Confess your sins to be forgiven and cleansed of all unrighteousness – 1 John 1:9
Practice righteousness and love other believers (children of God do this) – 1 John 3:10

Some people do not consider these verses to be obvious threats to salvation

Be a slave of righteousness (leading to holiness) – Romans 6:19 (note holiness in Heb 12:14)
Do not be carnally-minded, which means do not live according to the flesh – Romans 8:5-8
If you practice the works of the flesh, you will not inherit the kingdom of God – Galatians 5:19-21
Be sure to be in this group: “those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh� – Galatians 5:24
Be a saint who is “faithful in Christ Jesus� (understand what “faithful� means) – Ephesians 1:1
Be sure to be a member of Jesus’ “glorious church … holy and without blemish� – Ephesians 5:27
Kill your sinful nature, or receive God’s wrath upon the sons of disobedience – Colossians 3:5-6
Do not desire to be rich … for the love of money is a root of all manner of evil – 1 Timothy 6:9
Do not be like the Israelites who disobeyed God, thus proving their UNBELIEF – Hebrews 3:16-19
Obey Jesus who became “the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him� – Hebrews 5:9
Endure in the faith, which is the will of God … for the just shall live by faith – Hebrews 10:36-39
Be very diligent to make your call and election sure so will you never stumble – 2 Peter 1:10-11
Be an overcomer (Rev 3:21), or your name will be blotted out of the Book of Life – Revelation 3:5
If you are guilty of these sins, you will not be allowed to enter New Jerusalem – Revelation 21:27
Do Jesus’ commandments (to attain the tree of life and the New Jerusalem) – Revelation 22:14-15

A special favorite of mine (which is definitely aimed at believers also)
Revelation 21:7-8 • The following will have their part in the Lake of Fire, i.e. the second death:
• the cowardly – “fall away when trials come� (*) … e.g. don’t endure persecution; take the mark
• the unbelieving – “also those who at first come to Christ but later turn away and reject Him� (*)
• habitual sinners – shall we just say slaves of all kinds of sins?
(*) Applied New Testament Commentary (Dr. Thomas Hale, Spirit-filled medical missionary, 1996)

A word of encouragement
If you sincerely repent, it is promised that …
your sins will be forgiven – they will be washed away by Jesus’ precious blood.
With the indispensable help of the Holy Spirit, you will become victorious over all of your sins.
This is a key element in being an overcomer (the 1st step is to believe in Jesus and His gospel).

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Wake Up and believe all of the warnings before it’s to

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

[Replying to post 1 by Browner]

The Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma forum is still a debate forum and needs a question for us to debate otherwise this is preaching which is against the rules. The Holy Huddle Room might be more appropriate...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Zzyzx »

Moderator Action

Preaching topic. Moved to RR

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 1 by Browner]

[center]That first step:
Part One[/center]

Browner wrote:
This is a key element in being an overcomer (the 1st step is to believe in Jesus and His gospel).

As an agnostic and a skeptic, I don't believe just anything I read. So, I have to ask:

Questions:
  • 1. Why would I want to take that first step?
    2. If I don't make the first step, why should I believe any of the threats?

:)

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Browner wrote: This is a very critical wake-up call to believers who are involved in habitual sin!
So, please consider these warning verses carefully!

A word of encouragement
If you sincerely repent, it is promised that …
your sins will be forgiven – they will be washed away by Jesus’ precious blood.
With the indispensable help of the Holy Spirit, you will become victorious over all of your sins.

Some of us have read the entire Bible, and most of the non believers on this forum who have not read the entire Bible are at least as well acquainted with the Bible and with Christian claims as most Christians are themselves. Some of us have read the Harry Potter books as well. And we consider the Harry potter books and the Bible to be roughly equal in truth and veracity. Which is to say, there is some valid fact contained in both works, with a huge amount of pure make believe woven in.

So you should be aware at least that quoting passages from the Bible is about as meaningful to us as quoting passages from the Harry Potter books would be. Except that, frankly, the Harry Potter books are far more interesting and enjoyable to read.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.