Happy Halloween!

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Happy Halloween!

Post #1

Post by Peds nurse »

I just wanted to wish my favorite people a happy and safe Halloween!

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

Back at ya!

Halloween used to be a Christian celebration I hated when I was a Christian. But now I see it's not all that bad.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

OnceConvinced wrote: Halloween used to be a Christian celebration I hated when I was a Christian. But now I see it's not all that bad.
As a Christian I was raised to believe that Halloween was just a fun holiday when people dressed up as ghosts, goblins, aliens, fairies, or witches, etc, and went out begging for candy door-to-door. And the idea was "Trick or Treat". If there was no treat we were supposed to play a trick on the person. Of course, the trick was supposed to be harmless and funny, not to actually damage property or whatever.

In any case, when I later learned the real meaning of Halloween as a hallowed time during Celtic spiritual traditions of Samhain when the spiritual realm was supposedly more accessible than any other time of the year I found the idea quite intriguing. It also explained why many Pagans take Samhain very seriously as they believe it is a time when they can conduct seances to visit with deceased loved ones.

Not that I believe in this spiritual tradition, but I think it's quite interesting, and actually deserves "respect" at least if any spiritual traditions deserve respect.

I'm might try to conduct as seance tonight just to see what happens. :D

I'll bet I'll see something in my crystal ball.

All it takes is a bit of imagination. And the right lighting. ;)

Flickering candlelight along with some smoke from the incense should produce some spooky images and reflections in the Crystal ball. From there it's just a matter of connecting the dots not unlike seeing things in the night sky in constellations or in the clouds in the sky.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #5

Post by benchwarmer »

Divine Insight wrote: I'll bet I'll see something in my crystal ball.

All it takes is a bit of imagination. And the right lighting. ;)
Eating half the candy you bought 'for the children' may also increase your odds of 'seeing something'. Or maybe you'll just have a sugar rush, subsequent crash, and pass out in the candy bowl. Either way, yeehaw!!

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post #6

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Peds nurse wrote: I just wanted to wish my favorite people a happy and safe Halloween!
I hope everyone else's Halloween was as successful as mine was. We averaged 500 pieces of candy given away per hour for three hours.