Trump or Clinton

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

Trump or Clinton

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

This isn't a thread meant for debate. Just state who you believe is going to win and why, and the amount of tokens you're willing to put up. 8-) We'll check back on this thread after the election to see which one of us made the right call.

I bet all my tokens that Clinton will win. Trump has screwed himself in so many ways. Anyone wanna challenge me?

KenRU
Guru

Re: Trump or Clinton

Post #11

Post by KenRU »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:
KenRU wrote: I am thoroughly disheartened that these are the two candidates left standing. There simply isn't a better example showing that the two party system is broke - probably beyond repair.

That said, I agree Hillary (or as my friend describes her, Lady Macbeth), will win the election.

Trump has lost the minority vote and the women's vote. I can't see him overcoming those obstacles.

As has been said above, whomever wins, we lose.

Sad, sad state of affairs.

-all the best
As a white American male I must say that Trump can not count on all of us to vote him into office either. But then, I have considered Trump to be little more than a buffoon for many years anyway. His run for office certainly has not changed that observation.
Exactly.

Quite frankly, I will be surprised if it is even a close race, despite what some of the polls currently say. But if it is, all it means is that his opponent is just as despicable.

High praise indeed.

But what do I know, lol.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

KenRU wrote:
KenRU wrote: I am thoroughly disheartened that these are the two candidates left standing. There simply isn't a better example showing that the two party system is broke - probably beyond repair.

That said, I agree Hillary (or as my friend describes her, Lady Macbeth), will win the election.

Trump has lost the minority vote and the women's vote. I can't see him overcoming those obstacles.

As has been said above, whomever wins, we lose.

Sad, sad state of affairs.

-all the best
As a white American male I must say that Trump can not count on all of us to vote him into office either. But then, I have considered Trump to be little more than a buffoon for many years anyway. His run for office certainly has not changed that observation.
Exactly.

Quite frankly, I will be surprised if it is even a close race, despite what some of the polls currently say. But if it is, all it means is that his opponent is just as despicable.

High praise indeed.

But what do I know, lol.
Hopefully the tightening up of polling numbers will be enough to scare all Democrats into turning out and voting. No election is ever "in the bag." President Trump" is a truly scary thought.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

KenRU
Guru

Post #13

Post by KenRU »

[Replying to post 12 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I agree. But I also think that President Macbeth, er, Clinton, is also scary (but for different reasons).

Unfortunately, not enough people have the independence of thought to vote 3rd party, and really screw with the Republican and Democratic party hierarchies.

Nothing will change until enough electoral votes start going to 3rd party candidates, and only then will the two parties realize that they better adapt, or lose power - permanently.

President Trump, or President Clinton - regardless who wins, America loses.

Sorry for the pessimism, I'm normally an optimist, but this election, sheesh, what a complete train wreck.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

KenRU wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I agree. But I also think that President Macbeth, er, Clinton, is also scary (but for different reasons).

Unfortunately, not enough people have the independence of thought to vote 3rd party, and really screw with the Republican and Democratic party hierarchies.

Nothing will change until enough electoral votes start going to 3rd party candidates, and only then will the two parties realize that they better adapt, or lose power - permanently.

Sorry for the pessimism, I'm normally an optimist, but this election, sheesh, what a complete train wreck.

The Republican right wing decided that Hillary was guilty 30 years ago, and they have been trying to find a crime to convict her of ever since. Her biggest crime has always been that she is a woman and has been politically ambitious since her college days.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by Zzyzx »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote: The Republican right wing decided that Hillary was guilty 30 years ago, and they have been trying to find a crime to convict her of ever since. Her biggest crime has always been that she is a woman and has been politically ambitious since her college days.
That attitude is very much in keeping with religions and religious literature that promote male supremacy and female subservience -- 'don't talk in church and don't try to teach / lead men' (not far ahead of 'don't leave the house without male relative supervision, don't drive a car, cover yourself from head to toe') Ancient prejudices die hard, particularly when reinforced by modern male-dominated preaching.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

KenRU
Guru

Post #16

Post by KenRU »

KenRU wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Tired of the Nonsense]

The Republican right wing decided that Hillary was guilty 30 years ago, and they have been trying to find a crime to convict her of ever since. Her biggest crime has always been that she is a woman and has been politically ambitious since her college days.
HRC has given the populace plenty of reasons to distrust her.

Are you really content with her handling of Benghazi or the email situation? I could care less about what the RNC (or the DNC) thinks.

Her handling of those two topics alone disqualifies her from ever receiving my vote or support. Whether or not it was "criminal" I will leave for the prosecutors and future generations to determine.

-all the best

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by Zzyzx »

KenRU wrote: HRC has given the populace plenty of reasons to distrust her.
I agree. However, of the viable choices available she is, in my opinion, the lesser degree of untrustworthy.

The choices presented by both major parties are terrible. Picking the least terrible of the two is still terrible -- or the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Our system is broken. Choosing a leader based on money and emotion isn't likely to produce great (or even competent) leadership.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

KenRU
Guru

Post #18

Post by KenRU »

Zzyzx wrote: .
KenRU wrote: HRC has given the populace plenty of reasons to distrust her.
I agree. However, of the viable choices available she is, in my opinion, the lesser degree of untrustworthy.

The choices presented by both major parties are terrible. Picking the least terrible of the two is still terrible -- or the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Our system is broken. Choosing a leader based on money and emotion isn't likely to produce great (or even competent) leadership.
Very true.

I maintain, though, that the system will not change until enough votes go to a 3rd party candidate. Until then, it is status quo for the RNC and DNC machines.

Nothing will change until the power they have is threatened or shaken.

I will continue to vote third party until a respectable candidate is presented by either of the two major parties. Nothing changes until more people adopt this stance, imo.

IMO, it is the ONLY respectable stance to have this election.

-all the best,

help3434
Guru

Post #19

Post by help3434 »

I am in shock. Wootah didn't put up any tokens but I will donate 1,000 anyway for being the only one on this thread to predicting Trump as the winner of the election.