Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

If it was a paradise then it wouldn't be the earth we're used to living on.

Surely there won't be pesky mosquitoes in paradise? Disease? Droughts? Freezing cold winters that we need to prepare for to stay warm and store food that we can't grow in freezing weather? Or will there be free supermarkets in heaven? Perhaps fully automated so no one needs to work there as an employee?

No wars? No bullies? No competing for a loving mate? No competing for a job? No competing for an education?

I'm all for living in paradise. Let's me know when it's available and I'll move right in. :D

I'm assuming there's no property taxes or rent either?

Will I still be able to order fun stuff from Amazon.com? :D

The first thing I'd like to do in paradise is build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck from scratch. :D

I can hardly wait.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

catnip
Guru

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #3

Post by catnip »

onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

Check Genesis. Adam and Eve were with God "in Paradise".

The kingdom of Heaven is right here, it is upon us, among us and within us as Jesus says. We don't see it except through spiritual eyes, the eyes of faith once reconciled to God. It is spread out upon the earth.

It has been available . . . . it is not yet to come. It was here then and it is here now.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

I for one cannot wait!

The funny thing is when you ask people to describe "heaven" they usually just end up describing what the bible presents for the EARTH: peace, clean environment, loved ones happy and healthy, animals, beauty all around, not suffering, pain, hunger or disease... (Even those that believe God will burn up this planet, admit he'll just replace it with another one) We were made for the earth and if we're honest, it's what most normal people really want.

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

Post by JehovahsWitness »

catnip wrote:
The kingdom of Heaven is...

right here,
it is upon us,
among us
... within us
We don't see it
It is spread out upon the earth.
It has been available
it is not yet to come.
It was here then
...it is here now.
Do you think that was a very clear explanation? If you were a teacher, do you think after reading that your student would have the slightest idea what you were talking about?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #6

Post by onewithhim »

Divine Insight wrote: If it was a paradise then it wouldn't be the earth we're used to living on.

Surely there won't be pesky mosquitoes in paradise? Disease? Droughts? Freezing cold winters that we need to prepare for to stay warm and store food that we can't grow in freezing weather? Or will there be free supermarkets in heaven? Perhaps fully automated so no one needs to work there as an employee?

No wars? No bullies? No competing for a loving mate? No competing for a job? No competing for an education?

I'm all for living in paradise. Let's me know when it's available and I'll move right in. :D

I'm assuming there's no property taxes or rent either?

Will I still be able to order fun stuff from Amazon.com? :D

The first thing I'd like to do in paradise is build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck from scratch. :D

I can hardly wait.
Why wouldn't Paradise be the earth we live on? Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist? That was what God planned for humans to experience, and he placed his first people in that garden paradise. Adam was supposed to populate this earth, that would have eventually been entirely in paradise conditions, and take care of it (Genesis 1:28; 2:15). If Adam had remained obedient, that plan would have been fulfilled and would still be being fulfilled.

You are correct.....mosquitoes won't be pesky; no disease, droughts, extreme weather, wars, bullies, or competition for mates or jobs. Everyone will be required to demonstrate LOVE toward one another, and we will be helped to meet this requirement by the King of our government, Jesus Christ, and his co-rulers (Daniel 7:14,18; Revelation 5:10; Rev.20:4b,6). They will guide us who are here on Earth throughout the thousand-year reign.

All the things you mention as bad were never meant to plague mankind. All that is a result of Adam's rebellion and his subsequent adjusted DNA and ultimate death. He passed sin and suffering on to his progeny. Jehovah has never wanted that for humans, and he will fix this mess when he sees fit, and it will be soon.

Hey, I can guarantee you that if you want to restore or build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck, you will be able to do that.

Jehovah will "satisfy the desire of every living thing." Psalm 145:16

Whatever you enjoy doing in this system of things, you can enjoy FOREVER in Paradise.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #7

Post by onewithhim »

catnip wrote:

Check Genesis. Adam and Eve were with God "in Paradise".

The kingdom of Heaven is right here, it is upon us, among us and within us as Jesus says. We don't see it except through spiritual eyes, the eyes of faith once reconciled to God. It is spread out upon the earth.

It has been available . . . . it is not yet to come. It was here then and it is here now.
I should "check Genesis" while you ignore Matthew and Psalms?

People can be "with" God while He is in heaven and we are here on Earth. He was "with" the ancient Israelites even though He remained in heaven. Concerning the "tent of meeting," or, the tabernacle, Jehovah said, "I will meet there with the sons of Israel, and it shall be consecrated by my glory. I will consecrate the tent of meeting and the altar; I will also consecrate Aaron and his sons to minister as priests to me. I will dwell among the sons of Israel and will be their God. They shall know that I am the LORD their God who brought them out of the land of Egypt, that I might dwell among them. I am the LORD their God." (Exodus 29:43-46, NASB)

(1) Was God ACTUALLY among the Israelites? Did he leave heaven and come down to LITERALLY live with them?

(2) If the Kingdom was here when Jesus was here on Earth, then why did he instruct us to pray for the Kingdom to come? (Matt.6:9,10)

I look forward to your answers.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

onewithhim wrote: Why wouldn't Paradise be the earth we live on? Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist? That was what God planned for humans to experience, and he placed his first people in that garden paradise.
I don't know whether a "Garden of Eden" ever existed. All we have are fairytales of such a place.
onewithhim wrote: Adam was supposed to populate this earth, that would have eventually been entirely in paradise conditions, and take care of it (Genesis 1:28; 2:15). If Adam had remained obedient, that plan would have been fulfilled and would still be being fulfilled.
How was Adam supposed to populate the earth? Adam couldn't procreate until God created him a "helpmate". Actually this story would have made far more sense the other way around. God should have created Eve first if her mission was to populate the earth, and then God could have created a man as her "helpmate".

Also, why would Adam or Eve need to "Take care of the Garden"? If it's a paradise what would there be to take care of? Are you suggesting that it's up to Adam and Eve to maintain Paradise?
onewithhim wrote: You are correct.....mosquitoes won't be pesky; no disease, droughts, extreme weather, wars, bullies, or competition for mates or jobs.
I'm totally on board for living in a place like that. So if such a place exists I can't imagine why I wouldn't automatically fit right in. :D
onewithhim wrote: Everyone will be required to demonstrate LOVE toward one another, and we will be helped to meet this requirement by the King of our government, Jesus Christ, and his co-rulers (Daniel 7:14,18; Revelation 5:10; Rev.20:4b,6). They will guide us who are here on Earth throughout the thousand-year reign.
What? We'll need someone to RULE over us to insure that we meet the requirement of loving one another? :-k That sounds kind of weird.

Why should that be required. What kinds of people are going to be living in this paradise? Shouldn't only loving people be allowed in? There shouldn't be any need to POLICE love. And there shouldn't be any need for any "rulers" if everyone living in this place is a loving decent person.
onewithhim wrote: All the things you mention as bad were never meant to plague mankind. All that is a result of Adam's rebellion and his subsequent adjusted DNA and ultimate death. He passed sin and suffering on to his progeny. Jehovah has never wanted that for humans, and he will fix this mess when he sees fit, and it will be soon.
If Jehovah never wanted this then Jehovah must not be omnipotent since he's the one who created the mess we're currently in.
onewithhim wrote: Hey, I can guarantee you that if you want to restore or build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck, you will be able to do that.
Actually if I have all of eternity to play with I have tons more projects I would love to build too. :D

So I'll be looking forward to it. Like I say, I can't imagine why I wouldn't automatically be invited to live in such a paradise. It's exactly the kind of place where I would love to live. In fact, I currently try to live that way here on earth. The only thing that prevents me from achieving this is that on earth mosquitoes actually do bite, and there are also a lot of humans who aren't willing to play nice.
onewithhim wrote: Jehovah will "satisfy the desire of every living thing." Psalm 145:16
What's he waiting for? :-k
onewithhim wrote: Whatever you enjoy doing in this system of things, you can enjoy FOREVER in Paradise.
Well, so far all I hear is talk. When it actually happens I'll certainly be the first to hold up a glass of Michelob Light to make a toast to it finally being implemented. :D

Fortunately I'm able to have a glass of Michelob right now anyway. So at least I can enjoy that much of paradise right here and now.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 1 by onewithhim]

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

tam
Savant

Post #10

Post by tam »

Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist?
The Garden of Eden never ceased to exist. Adam and Eve were cast OUT of the Garden of Eden (the spiritual realm), confined only to the earth[ly realm].

If we are going to regain what was lost (to us), then that would include being able to move in and out of the spiritual realm. Just as Christ said of those who belong to Him:

"I am the gate for the sheep. They will come in AND go out and find pasture."

Consider also:

Adam was a) created outside of the Garden and then brought into it ; and b) Adam and Eve were cast out of it.

The Garden is a different "place" than from the earth they were created in and cast out of.

...therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

(I believe that chabad Jews at least understand the same... that 'gan eden' is [part of] the spiritual realm.)

As to the OP, there is no choice to make between the earth and the heavens. The Garden of Eden is once again accessible, and one can move between the spiritual and the earthly realms. (If indeed one is in Christ, part of His Kingdom)

(and yes, the Kingdom of God is within us... if/when Christ and God make their home within us by means of holy spirit - the breath, blood, seed of Jah; also described as the water of Life that Christ gives us. This is the token that Paul spoke of; the pledge of things to come. Ephesian 1:14; 2Corinth 1:22. The Kingdom is within us if Christ and God have made their home in us; and we also enter into the Kingdom if we are in them. But Christ will also return and and rule upon the earth, and every eye will see Him at that time. This has not yet happened.)

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy