Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Why didn't a god create perfection?

Post #1

Post by Donray »

Why didn't a god create perfection?

One of the arguments for a god creator is that the universe is perfect. A matter of fact, everything a perfect god creates should be perfect.

the problem is that the universe is not perfect, Earth is not perfect, animals are not perfect, etc.

For example: what is purpose of black holes, why create galaxies that collide with each other, why is our galaxy on a collision course with another galaxy? Why create an Earth with plates that move and cause earthquakes and massive destruction? Why create virus? What is the purpose of the asteroid belt that cause destruction on Earth? Why cerate a brain what goes haywire?

There is not very much perfection why if a perfect god created it?

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #111

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 108 by JLB32168]

[center]Fallacious Religious Reasoning:
Is it an opinion or a claim?
Part Twelve: JLB32168 does not concede the argument; he resigns from the argument, instead.[/center]

JLB32168 wrote:
I’ll interject more clarity. I’m not conceding the argument.
I see.
My mistake, then.

I will drop THAT claim like a hot potato.

JLB32168 wrote:
I’m resigning because while everyone else seems to understand quite clearly what I said, some don’t and breaking things down any further would dilute their meaning so as to make further discussion pointless. I've also invested enough of my energy to clarify further and am unwilling to invest more.
By "some" I think you mean the venerable Blastcat.
Well, here is my take on all of this:

You have abandoned trying to demonstrate that your claim WAY BACK in Post 4 of this thread has any merit. I'm actually quite fine with that.

I was actually hoping that you would.

Your reasons, of course, are your own.
Thanks for the clarification.

:)

JLB32168

Post #112

Post by JLB32168 »

Donray wrote: You need to read what you wrote. You said you cannot discuss because you were Ignorant.
Okay. I read it and I’ve explained why the point isn’t germane to the present discussion so I’ll not be discussing it any more. I read no futher than the word “ignorant.�
Blastcat wrote:I see. My mistake, then. I will drop THAT claim like a hot potato.
Great!
Blastcat wrote:By "some" I think you mean the venerable Blastcat.
No – lots of people
Blastcat wrote:You have abandoned trying to demonstrate that your claim WAY BACK in Post 4 of this thread has any merit.
Okay – you’re entitled to your take on all of this.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Why didn't a god create perfection?

Post #113

Post by ttruscott »

alexxcJRO wrote: [Replying to ttruscott]

"this does not apply to a living GOD who is aware of possibilities and choices and self understanding"

Your not making any sense. :-s
Please explain further you've lost me here.
It means that the attributes of GOD as "a living GOD who is aware of possibilities and choices and self understanding" as accepted by Christians are the opposite of your contention about perfection that "A God who is perfect does nothing except exist." which makes it a strawman argument from our pov, saying nothing about reality or our religion.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #114

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 111 by JLB32168]

[center]Fallacious Religious Reasoning:
Is it an opinion or a claim?
Part Thirteen: More closing remarks[/center]

Blastcat wrote:I see. My mistake, then. I will drop THAT claim like a hot potato.
JLB32168 wrote:
Great!
It's my pleasure!

Blastcat wrote:By "some" I think you mean the venerable Blastcat.
JLB32168 wrote:
No – lots of people
Another post, another unsubstantiated claim.
Why am I NOT being surprised by this? ( rhetorical, just rhetorical )

Blastcat wrote:You have abandoned trying to demonstrate that your claim WAY BACK in Post 4 of this thread has any merit.
JLB32168 wrote:
Okay – you’re entitled to your take on all of this.

More obvious words were never spoke.

:)