Congrats to award winners

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Congrats to award winners

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

Pretty much what the title says. Congratulations to all those who won the awards. Each and every one of them was well deserved. I raise my completely non existent champagne glass to you. :thumb:

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

marco
Savant

Re: Congrats to award winners

Post #2

Post by marco »

rikuoamero wrote: Pretty much what the title says. Congratulations to all those who won the awards. Each and every one of them was well deserved. I raise my completely non existent champagne glass to you. :thumb:
Thanks riku and sip some champagne in your own honour. Well done!

I thank the lovely people who saw some merit in what Marco has done in his first year of faltering steps here. I succeed the inimitable and much respected Ancient of Years. That in itself is an honour.

It is nice to know that some have seen depth of thought in the Marcovian meanderings. What a little oasis of courteous meditation our forum is, and I am pleased to be commended among posters who exude wit, charm and vast tributaries of knowledge. A happy and successful New Year to all.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

Congrats to everyone.

For next year I would like to propose two more award categories:

Theist of the Year Award.
and
Secularist of the Year Award

It would be kind of interesting to see who wins those titles.

If we want to get really carried away we could also have:

Agnostic of the Year Award. :D
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Zzyzx »

Why the heck would anyone want to meet Zzyzx?

Regarding suggestions for new awards; some consideration has been given to 'Most outstanding individual post'. If that comes to be, it should be announced before too long so members can make a note of what they consider great individual posts.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by rikuoamero »

Zzyzx wrote: .
Why the heck would anyone want to meet Zzyzx?

Regarding suggestions for new awards; some consideration has been given to 'Most outstanding individual post'. If that comes to be, it should be announced before too long so members can make a note of what they consider great individual posts.
I would have voted for you Z, but JoeyKnotHead got it. I'm still not sure just whether or not he's a super-intelligent penguin.
Ya never know...according to many theists on the site, donkeys and snakes have talked to humans. So why not a penguin?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 5 by rikuoamero]

Hopefully Joey will be back soon from a 'sabbatical' by choice for a couple months.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence