It must be true!

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

It must be true!

Post #1

Post by Willum »

So we all know science is about multiple observers verifying the same subject or phenomenon under objective conditions.

But how many of you really go out and confirm the inverse square law? Gravity's force? Not nearly as many as the number of Christians confirm the presence of God, right?

And although not objective observers, certainly it is inconceivable for bias to that universal, isn't it?

So say believers started to pray, objectively, would this provide sufficient, documented and even scientific proof?

Willum
Savant

Post #71

Post by Willum »

[Replying to H.sapiens]

It has amazed me that when confronted with an idea that makes you uncomfortable, that you resort to the same tactics of wheedling religionists.

I've have said many things many different ways to get my meaning across. Words are imprecise, and what something is not can indeed be used to non-academically describe something.
(As an aside, academic standards are just that, and they can take knowledge only so far, certainly they are not the God of a online forum.)

But all-in-all- I am talking about a (potential) phenomenon.
A phenomenon is positive.

If it is sporadic, ill-understood, subject of delusion/self deceit, it could very well be a phenomenon we have not understood yet.

But I've said all this before, and if you'd like to dismiss the idea because you believe we understand every thing we perceive and mis-perceive/mis-understand, and prefer to say that the results to prayer, or even other perceptions, don't exist...
Well, I understand your position completely.
So completely, that I don't see anything interesting in discussing it.

The response to prayer is delusion.
Yes, I agree.
Conversation just dies.
Possibility collapses.

Now, the discussion about it being something other than what either religionists or pragmatists have established beliefs over, is somewhat more interesting. Even if it is too "angels on the heads of pins" for your personal tastes.

Anyway, I suppose I should thank you for contributing to the topic.