Philosophy of Keeping Yourself Centred

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

andrewsmith

Philosophy of Keeping Yourself Centred

Post #1

Post by andrewsmith »

As you have already learnt the philosophy of Wing Chun you probably know that the most important part of the philosophy is how to keep yourself centered. As the know the philosophy is based on the principles of Buddhism, Daoism and Confucianism and this idea comes from them, the three main religions practiced in China. It takes into account that people tend to go to extremes and lack the balance to see that things are not just black and white. Children, for example, often say, ‘I love it’ or, ‘I hate it’. But there are many sides to every issue. It is a matter of how much we can balance ourselves. In every situation in life is important to be balanced and so is in Wing Chun. We think if you already practice Wing Chun you can understand how to balance your life, if you still want, just try, because it will probably help you. If you attack your partner using too much energy in Sticking Hands, you will end up being beaten. In life, there may be something you want but you cannot do just as you please to obtain it. You have to make the circumstances appropriate before things fall into place. If you like a beautiful girl, you cannot just chase her. If she doesn’t like you, it won’t work. You have to create the opportunity and atmosphere to make everything right. So Wing Chun is life in other words.
Source: http://gowingchun.com/philosophy-of-kee ... -chun.html

Waterfall
Scholar

Re: Philosophy of Keeping Yourself Centred

Post #2

Post by Waterfall »

andrewsmith wrote: As you have already learnt the philosophy of Wing Chun you probably know that the most important part of the philosophy is how to keep yourself centered. As the know the philosophy is based on the principles of Buddhism, Daoism and Confucianism and this idea comes from them, the three main religions practiced in China. It takes into account that people tend to go to extremes and lack the balance to see that things are not just black and white. Children, for example, often say, ‘I love it’ or, ‘I hate it’. But there are many sides to every issue. It is a matter of how much we can balance ourselves. In every situation in life is important to be balanced and so is in Wing Chun. We think if you already practice Wing Chun you can understand how to balance your life, if you still want, just try, because it will probably help you. If you attack your partner using too much energy in Sticking Hands, you will end up being beaten. In life, there may be something you want but you cannot do just as you please to obtain it. You have to make the circumstances appropriate before things fall into place. If you like a beautiful girl, you cannot just chase her. If she doesn’t like you, it won’t work. You have to create the opportunity and atmosphere to make everything right. So Wing Chun is life in other words.
Source: http://gowingchun.com/philosophy-of-kee ... -chun.html
I was praticing karate when I was young...under a great master...a very kind man and he still is...but "shit" happent and I stop...

My childs mother was practicising Wing Chun (or was it with sticks)...but I had a friend who was praticising Wing Chun (the same place where my childs mother was)...

The things you are saying make sence to me.

I liked to do kata...a serie of move...but not so mush to fight...kumite.

But it is nice to have the skills to defend oneself and others.

I was attracted to the filosofi behind karate.

There is a lot to learn. Or to be reminded about :D

Yip Man...the movie...or Bruce Lee is great to watch and many others.

I would like to say thank you for your description of Wing Chun.