His death wasn't enough.

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

His death wasn't enough.

Post #1

Post by postroad »

It should be self evident concidering Jesus should long been back if in fact it was finished. Something was deficient in his sacrifice. Paul indicates a suffering quota was yet in arrears.
Colossians 1:24New International Version (NIV)

Paul’s Labor for the Church
24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

postroad
Prodigy

Post #2

Post by postroad »

Odd. Seems like a debatable subject?

marco
Savant

Post #3

Post by marco »

postroad wrote: Odd. Seems like a debatable subject?
Moderator Clarification

The subject has potential for debate but there is no question there to debate; just an observation.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #4

Post by WebersHome »

postroad wrote:[font=Georgia]His death wasn't enough.[/font]
[font=Verdana]What you say is true; as far as it goes. But your interpretation needs attention. Here's what I mean:

Were I the Devil, I would do my utmost best to disprove Jesus' bodily resurrection because his bodily crucifixion is only half enough to protect people from the wrath of God. Though his bodily crucifixion obtains forgiveness for people's sins, it doesn't gain people an acquittal; i.e. exoneration; viz: a verdict of innocence; which is a verdict rendered when there isn't enough evidence to convict.

â—� Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" is dikaiosis (dik-ah'-yo-sis) whjich means acquittal; i.e. a verdict of innocence.

People merely forgiven still carry a load of guilt; viz: they have a criminal record. Christ's bodily resurrection deletes their record so that on the books, it's as though they've never done anything bad.

This exoneration that I'm talking about is obtained via the kindness and generosity of God through belief in the resurrection of Christ's crucified body. If the Devil can succeed in convincing people that Jesus' crucified body is still dead or, even better yet, make them question whether the man even existed at all; then they will fail to obtain an acquittal, and consequently end up put to death in brimstone because records are to be reviewed when people stand to face justice at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

/
[/font]