Is sexual projecting onto other people wrong?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

tugofwarstrum
Student

Is sexual projecting onto other people wrong?

Post #1

Post by tugofwarstrum »

Is sexual projecting onto other people in both by words, actions, or even putting it on the internet wrong? I get it people are prone to having sexual thoughts about what they come into contact with or through things that cause those thoughts but

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/removingth ... andidates/

something like this surely must be a no no to some people or have I missed something in all my past youth years where i was taught what certain things are OK to share and what things I need to keep to myself?

bluethread
Savant

Post #2

Post by bluethread »

As the saying goes;

“You can’t stop a bird from landing on your head,
but you can keep it from building a nest in your hair.�

What we are talking about is obsessive thinking. Many forms of Judaism have no real problem with obsessive thinking, since there is no direct commandment. However, the followers of Yeshua are admonished against it, because thoughts lead to actions. The counter argument is that it is unhealthy to require people to feel guilty over every thought that comes to mind. However, this argument forgets that the solution to obsession is not direct resistance, but redirection. If one wishes to stop thinking about pink elephants one does not focus on doing that, but one focuses on something else. The point is that one should have a disciplined mind that is focusing on positive thing and not speculating on bad things.

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #3

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 2 by bluethread]
because thoughts lead to actions.
Do they? All the time? Or should it be "because thoughts can lead to actions."?

Not to be small, but I think there is an issue with this thinking and just want clarification.
Thanks

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

Youkilledkenny wrote: [Replying to post 2 by bluethread]
because thoughts lead to actions.
Do they? All the time? Or should it be "because thoughts can lead to actions."?

Not to be small, but I think there is an issue with this thinking and just want clarification.
Thanks
Essentially yes. Thoughts do lead to actions so the point that I saw in bluethreads post was that one needs to learn how to control their thoughts in relation to the actions.