Jesus could not have been fully human?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

Jesus could not have been fully human?

Post #1

Post by postroad »

Paul makes this claim that Jesus preexisted time. There are claims that he did not have a human father. How could he be fully human as some Christians claim.
2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Luke 3:23New International Version (NIV)

23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,

the son of Heli,

John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Hebrews 1:2-4New International Version (NIV)

2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

John 1:1
[ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If Jesus is the exact representation of God's being and the cause and sustainer of creation,how can he not be divine?

William
Savant

Re: Arguing the contradictions

Post #81

Post by William »

Monta wrote:
William wrote:
Monta wrote: [Replying to post 62 by William]

"This of course has proved to be the problem - the stumbling block - the reason a kingdom is divided and the curse of Christendom. "

Stumbling block maybe, but a curse?

Who's cursed Christianity?
Christendom.
Idiotic.
God cursed Israel (or is it Jews) in OT and only for the bad things they had done.
He has done no such a thing in NT.
I am a Christian and neither myself or my religion has been cursed.
You think?

Are you unaware of Christendoms history and negative impact on the world?

It cursed itself by it's own evil actions done in the name of GOD.

Monta
Guru

Post #82

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 81 by William]

"Are you unaware of Christendoms history and negative impact on the world?

It cursed itself by it's own evil actions done in the name of GOD."

Goats and sheep, we've been told all about it.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #83

Post by onewithhim »

Monta wrote:
William wrote:
Monta wrote: [Replying to post 62 by William]

"This of course has proved to be the problem - the stumbling block - the reason a kingdom is divided and the curse of Christendom. "

Stumbling block maybe, but a curse?

Who's cursed Christianity?
Christendom.
Idiotic.
God cursed Israel (or is it Jews) in OT and only for the bad things they had done.
He has done no such a thing in NT.
I am a Christian and neither myself or my religion has been cursed.
Anyone under the Law of Moses was cursed, because the Law made evident men's sins. That is why they had to offer up animals for their sins, but that was only a preview of what was to come---the Lamb of God that would take away the sins of the world.

"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the Law, to perform them.'...Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse FOR US---for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.'" (Galatians 3:10,13, NASB)

Monta
Guru

Post #84

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 83 by onewithhim]

"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the Law, to perform them.'...Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse FOR US---for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.'" (Galatians 3:10,13, NASB) "

When iot says 'He fulfilled the scripture (or the law)' I must admit i do not get the full meaning and shall leave it at that.

These my thoughts: according to the Law He was cursed for hanging on a tree and by this and the rest, He embraced the whole spectrum of human experience, took it to the cross in Himselfit where it died with Him; his Ressurection gives a renewd life to power and freedom from the curse and the law.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #85

Post by Checkpoint »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 81 by William]

"Are you unaware of Christendoms history and negative impact on the world?

It cursed itself by it's own evil actions done in the name of GOD."

Goats and sheep, we've been told all about it.
mm.

I don't think goats and sheep refer to "Christendom".

Rather, to "all nations", and to their destiny being revealed at the final judgment.