Jehovah’s Witnesses only ones that will be saved?????

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Jehovah’s Witnesses only ones that will be saved?????

Post #1

Post by Donray »

Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that only 144,000 people will go to heaven. God chooses these 144,000 individuals, the process began with the first century Christians and was completed in the year 1935. Of course from 1879 (the year the Watchtower started) till 1935 only faithful Jehovah’s Witnesses were chosen for this special role. All faithful Jehovah’s Witnesses not chosen to be among the 144,000 elite that go to heaven (those joining the Watchtower after 1935) will spend eternity on earth. All other people on the earth will be destroyed at war of Armageddon here on earth. This would also include any Jehovah's Witnesses who has been disfellowshipped or is otherwise unfaithful to the Watchtower and has not worked his or her way back into the good graces of the Watchtower by the time of Armageddon.

If one believes the JWs all other Christians and everyone that is not a JW will not go to heaven or live on the Earth after Armageddon.

Question for debate is JW the only true Christin religion or is it some type of cult that calls itself Christian?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #271

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 263 by tam]
b) no one taught that some should partake and some should not. Paul taught that a man ought to examine himself FIRST - to make sure he is not judging others. But Paul did not teach that the invitation to come to Christ, to be part of His body, was limited to 144 000.

CHRIST DID NOT TEACH THIS. THE APOSTLES DID NOT TEACH THIS. NO ONE (truthfully) TAUGHT THIS. AND YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS IN THE BIBLE.

It is a doctrine of men that was added almost two thousand years later, and the truth was then buried under this and many other doctrines and justifications of men.
This all stems from an original wrong interpretation of the 144,000.

That is, by Russell that, although the number is literal, those it describes are not literal Israelites from those literal tribes.

That painted them into a corner, and subsequent events just added to the mix.

One thing has thus been built on another, over time.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #272

Post by JehovahsWitness »

postroad wrote: [Replying to post 265 by onewithhim] Are thirty year olds getting through armegeddon on their parents coattails? Your GB is insisting that if someone is old enough to drive they have reached the age of accountability and will not survive on account of their parents.
Can you provide a quotation or a reference from official sources on the above. I have never come across this or even the expression "age of accountability" from any of my sources.

Thanks

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

postroad
Prodigy

Post #273

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 272 by JehovahsWitness] Sure. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006486

I will try to find an official video of Anthony Morris 2015 Sunday afternoon convention speech on the subject. Lots of them on YouTube but will try to find one from JW.org

postroad
Prodigy

Post #274

Post by postroad »

It's the darnedest thing? Nothing to be found on his convention speech on the official site? YouTube has lots on the apostate sites though?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #275

Post by JehovahsWitness »

postroad wrote: It's the darnedest thing? Nothing to be found on his convention speech on the official site?

Not a problem, I'll just discard your comment until you provide some evidence.

I know I have never heard any rules regarding age and we certainly have no dogma of an "age of accountability". I have heard the illustration given that just as youths don't usually hesitate to get a driver's licences because they are afraid of the responsibility so they should not hesitate to get baptised if that is their desire because they feel they are "too young" or are scared of the commitment.

The fact is there is no recommended age for baptism, it has always been a question of whether a youth can undertand and appreciate the issues involed. Since the organisation had made no rules in this regard the ages vary widely from 11 or 12 to late teens. Under ten is exceptional but it does happen; if the child passes the prebaptisimal interviews then his request can be approved. I think it would depend on the area but where I live 13 or 14 seems quite usual...

In any case Jehovah's Witnesses have always believed if one knows what is right and does not do it they will stand "accountable" to God, no matter what their age.

Peace out,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

postroad
Prodigy

Post #276

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 275 by JehovahsWitness]
Are you indicating that because the oficial site does not have the video it never happened? Regardless the official site that I did link to seemed pretty clear on the subject.
4:13) Young ones, please do not imagine that by postponing baptism, you avoid accountability. When you have reached the age of responsibility, you are answerable to Jehovah for the way you act whether you are baptized or not.

Do you deny that Anthony Morris indicated that young teens would not survive the " big one" on account of their parents. Or that he strongly suggests that this could happen any time.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #277

Post by 2timothy316 »

postroad wrote:
Do you deny that Anthony Morris indicated that young teens would not survive the " big one" on account of their parents. .
First you'd need to give the video or at least the transcript what exactly was said before any denying can take place. As of right now you are actually asking for a denial based on what you remember hearing. Yet you are biased, so we can really trust a person who has shown their memory is selective on what they hear?

How about the official JW and Bible teaching. Did you know that it's available at wol.JW.org? http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101 ... ddon&p=par
What will happen to young children at Armageddon?

The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as “holy.� (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones. (Num. 16:27, 32; Ezek. 9:6) God does not want anyone to be destroyed, so he is having a warning sounded now to benefit both parents and children. Would it not be wise for parents to pursue a course that would result in their children being looked on with favor by God both now and at Armageddon?
There is also Deuteronomy 24:16 “Fathers should not be put to death for what their children do, and children should not be put to death for what their fathers do. A person should be put to death only for his own sin." Compare 2 Chroniclse 25:3, 4 for an example of where the children were spared. There is also "The soul who sins is the one who will die. A son will bear no guilt because of the error of his father, and a father will bear no guilt because of the error of his son. The righteousness of the righteous one will be accounted to him alone, and the wickedness of the wicked one will be accounted to him alone." Ezekiel 18:20. But yet there is the case of where David was allowed to live and yet his son was allowed to die from illness due to David's gross sin.

So the Bible's official answer about Armageddon deaths...it's not directly answered. All we know of are the past judgements on nations, cities and individuals. These are different and on a 'per case' basis. Thus the current teaching to parents is, don't risk it, take care of the Godly teaching of yourself and your children. The message to children is no matter what your parents might do, if you love Jehovah God don't stop on their account.

All of this is summed up in one verse, “The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; righteous and upright is he.�—Deuteronomy 32:4. So I'm not worried. Even those that died from judgements past will live again. They will have the chance to pursue pure worship even if their parents failed to teach it to them and their parents failed to teach themselves.

All these died from not heading a warning and lack of faith. In the Bible many verses use the term 'alive into sheol/grave'. When speaking of the destruction of the rebels Dathan and Abiram, Moses wrote that they went down “alive into Sheol.� (Nu 16:31, 33) Since Sheol in the Bible denotes the common grave of mankind from which there will be a resurrection, it is evident that not all destruction—not even all destruction at the hand of God [from the past]—is necessarily eternal.

Death in Armageddon on the other hand is eternal. Thus these judgements are going to be very selective. This is noted in Matthew 24:40, 41 how two in the same area, one will be saved the other will not. So the future judgement of all mankind is going to be very selective.

postroad
Prodigy

Post #278

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 277 by 2timothy316]
It isn't on the official site. In fact the official site doesn't have a tenth of what is available on the apostate sites. The apostates are obsessively collecting videos and hard copy literature of Watchtower materials. They accuse the orginization of purging the official records. You and JW are making their point. Anyone can go to YouTube and find materials no longer acknowledged by the official site. What do you think? Are the members of your orginization not entitled to this information?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #279

Post by 2timothy316 »

postroad wrote: [Replying to post 277 by 2timothy316]
It isn't on the official site. In fact the official site doesn't have a tenth of what is available on the apostate sites. The apostates are obsessively collecting videos and hard copy literature of Watchtower materials.
Yeah, and changing it so that people like yourself can swallow it hook, line and sinker.
They accuse the orginization of purging the official records. You and JW are making their point. Anyone can go to YouTube and find materials no longer acknowledged by the official site. What do you think? Are the members of your orginization not entitled to this information?
At Revelation 12:10, Satan is called “the accuser of our brothers�. So I am well aware of all of their accusations.

I have information on CD materials that go back decades. There is no purging. Only archiving. Only the most relevant information makes it to the website. As you know some teachings have changed. This doesn't bother me as I have looked at the refinements through time and see why they came to their conclusions back then and why those conclusions changed. The book "God's Kingdom Rules" goes over many of these older teachings and why they thought as they did back then. So no. If a JW wants to find out what the old records are, they are available.

Apostates are not looking to help JWs they are looking to harm them. They pick out a few sentences here and there for those that want to harm the JWs too. For these it's no longer about finding truth, just pointing out a people imperfections to make themselves look taller. There are those that love what these people put out. Drink it up like it was going out of style. They don't care if it is true or not. It's what they wanted to see and bam! Some person pieces together exactly what others who do not share JW believes want to see.

postroad
Prodigy

Post #280

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 279 by 2timothy316]

Can you show me on which apostate sites deliberate alterations have been made? Also where I can locate the archived video of the Anthony Morris speech from the 2015 regional convention.?