The most important day in the bible: NISAN 14

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

The most important day in the bible: NISAN 14

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

People say Jehovah's Witnesses don't observe any holidays (holy days) but that is simply not true. Jehovah's Witnesses view Nisan 14 (which corresponds this year of 2017) as a religious holy occassion.

Which holidays do you observe and how?

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2

Here is an invitational video

[youtube][/youtube]

You will learn that all good people do not go to heaven, rather it is eternal life on this our planet earth that is God's purpose for mankind.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

Who draws those JW pictures. They are so identifiable ....
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Wootah wrote: Who draws those JW pictures. They are so identifiable ....

We have teams of artists, they never sign their work, so I couldn't tell you.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #5

Post by tam »

It was a touching video JW (peace to you)… until the end, when people are passing over the body and blood of Christ.

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: that the Lord, on the night He was betrayed… took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.� In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.� For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, so as to hear and know the truth from Christ, and that you may also hear as He and the Bride say to you, "Come!"

May anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Peace to you all and to your loved ones,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

tam wrote:It was a touching video JW (peace to you)…
Thanks.

I look forward to seeing how many were present this year, especially in Russia where it may well be the last openly held memorial for a while.

See you next year,

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

[Replying to post 5 by tam]

I can't believe another year has rolled round. Doesn't it seem time is going faster?!

[youtube][/youtube]

This year its the 31st of March, 2018 (a Saturday).

JW

tam
Savant

Post #8

Post by tam »

May you have peace!

This is written on the invitation pamphlet:
On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:

“Keep doing this in remembrance of me.�​—Luke 22:19.

But what is it that He told us to DO in remembrance of Him?

While they were eating, [Jesus] took bread, spoke a blessing and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is My body.� Then He took the cup, gave thanks and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." Matthew 26:26-28

and,

For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: that the Lord [Jesus], on the night He was betrayed, took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.�� In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.� For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

Keep doing "this" (eating and drinking of the bread and wine that mean His body and His blood) in remembrance of Him. This is what my Lord commanded the apostles to do... and everything that He commanded the apostles, He told them to go and teach others to also obey.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you." Matt 28:20

(Did you also notice that we proclaim the Lord's death until He comes when we eat this bread and drink this cup?)

Dear ones, I have also been reminded (and so I will share this with you): it is His body and His blood that are most important. Not a particular day. His body and blood are just as sacred and just as important from one day to the next, and so eating His flesh and drinking His blood (the bread and the wine that mean His body and blood) is the important thing. Not the day (after all, HE is the true manna from heaven; the true DAILY bread of whom we pray to God to give us).

The WTS puts an emphasis on the day; they put detailed emphasis on how to prepare the bread (that most will not eat, and that end up being thrown out as garbage), they put emphasis on waiting until after sundown to have their memorial. All that emphasis and preparation... for millions upon millions of people to then refuse to eat and drink the bread and the wine; to refuse to do the actual thing that Christ said to KEEP doing in remembrance of Him. On a night that is supposedly all about Christ, millions upon millions of people PASSOVER His body and His blood.

Can anyone show me where He commanded anyone to do that? How is that not straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel?

The WTS teaches (in error) that only a chosen few Christians may partake, and they even teach that you can have life in you without eating and without drinking. But what does Christ teach?

"... I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which ANYONE may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.�

and,

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.�

So who do you believe? Who should you obey?

Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. John 14:21

and,

"If anyone loves me, he will keep my word. Then my Father will love him, and we will go to him and make our home within him.

I am sorry, truly, for those men who have misled you. But there is a way to keep from being misled, is there not? Turn and listen to Christ. Let Him lead you into ALL truth. For He is the Truth, the Way, the Life, the Resurrection and the Word and Image of God.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, so as to hear the truth of this matter FROM the Truth: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of God. May you also hear as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come!" And may anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #9

[Replying to post 8 by tam]

Yes I agree that is exactly what Jesus said. We interpret the "you" differently than so-called (self proclaimed) "christians"
Only we JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, know what God's kingdom is and who the covenants that form the basis of that kingdom concern. Thus only Jehovah's Witnesses understand why there are "born again" spirit anointed heaven bound Christians (that eat the bread and wine) and Christians without that destiny.(that do not).
I don't believe God will judge those that are ignorant of the above harshly. God is merciful and will, I believe consider forgiving you for your errors in understanding. I am sorry, truly, for those men who have misled you. But there is a way to keep from being misled, is there not? Turn and listen to Christ. Let Him lead you into ALL truth. For He is the Truth, the Way, the Life, the Resurrection and the Word and Image of God.

I see you are trying to show love for Jesus, and that he will surely take that take into account in his final judgement of you and your children,

Peace to you during this most important season,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

tam
Savant

Post #10

Post by tam »

Peace again to you JW,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 8 by tam]

Yes I agree that is exactly what Jesus said. We interpret the "you" differently than so-called (self proclaimed) "christians"

And yet there is no room for an interpretation, wherein "you" applies only to some who profess to be Christian, but not to all who profess to be Christian.

As my Lord said to His apostles:

"Go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them (the disciples) to obey everything (everything means ALL things, not just some things) that I have commanded YOU (the apostles)." Matthew 28:20

Everything includes His command to eat and drink the bread and wine which mean His body and blood, and to keep doing that in remembrance of Him.

Not only that, but He also said that He is the true bread from heaven that ANYONE may eat. He did not say 'that SOME may eat' but rather HE said that ANYONE may eat. And He continued by saying that WHOEVER eats His flesh and drinks His blood has life in them and that He will raise them up on the last day. He also said that WHOEVER eats His flesh and drinks His blood remains in Him and Him in them.

Dear JW, I am not a 'self-proclaimed' or 'so-called' Christian. My Lord is the One who has made me a Christian. And I do not interpret (or interpret away) the 'you' in the above passages at all. I simply believe my Lord and what He said (and says). And so I shared His words and HIS commands with you - and with anyone reading.

May anyone who wishes be given ears to hear, so as to hear the truth in this, and also to hear as the Spirit (Christ Jaheshua) and the Bride say, "Come!". May anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water (which is holy spirit) of Life (who is Christ)!"

There is more to respond to from you, much more that may be said, but I will put that in another post. I do not wish to distract from my Lord's own words and commands on this matter, and I am only bearing witness to the truth that HE has taught me, bearing witness to you and to anyone reading. What you do with that is up to you. I can only point to the One God TOLD us to listen to (and to obey): Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One and Son and Chosen One of JAH.

May you have peace,
tammy

(edited to fix the quote box)
Last edited by tam on Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.