67%

Total votes: 3

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Book of Revelation

Post #1

Post by Benoni »

Here is my point. If it the Book of Revelation is literal; line and verse please.

John was in spirit on the Lord ’s Day; He was looking a literal church; but a spiritual church.

Revelations 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass (not 2000 years); and he sent and signified (signs and symbols) it by his angel (messenger) unto his servant John:

John was in Spirit on the Lord’s Day; this makes the Revelation a spiritual book; not literal, not carnal, not prophetic literal. Revelation or the unveiling of Jesus Christ; it is the most spiritual Book in all the Bible; and I always put Genesis in second place. It is a book full of hidden spiritual symbolisms and for those who have the spiritual eyes or ears to see or hear it. No where does it say John was being literal in any sense.

This one little word is so reverent to the whole book Revelations; ‘signified� or signs and symbols. The Book Revelations can only be understood but as a very deep and awesome spiritual book by using signs and symbols that can only be found in the Bible. Where do you find these signs and symbols; all thought the Bible; written yes by the hands of deep spiritual men from many ages.

You speak over 800 OT references; great point. As natural men how can we understand what God is truly saying with His spiritual symbolism but by natural literal examples written in the very Word we are suppose to believe in? What a better place to open up this spiritual hidden book but by God’s Word w

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Book of Revelation

Post #31

Post by onewithhim »

Benoni wrote: [Replying to onewithhim]

Amen. I mean The book of revelation speak of dragons. Ray Prinzing on the web wrote a wonderful book called "Revelation a Positive Book" that is really good reading.
I agree that it is a positive book. I love it. In the first chapter it says, "HAPPY is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it." (Rev.1:3, NWT)

It describes the beautiful hope that God's friends have, and the torments of the religious and political wicked, in the past, present AND future. Even the discomfort of the wicked is a positive thing, because God offers good things to people who are determined to do GOOD, and, conversely, He takes care of the incorrigibly evil people who will keep doing harm even if they were allowed into the new system of things (the paradise of God).

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to onewithhim]

God's Spiritual fire in the Lake of Devine Purging will deal with all of evil works of man both just and unjust.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #33

Post by onewithhim »

Benoni wrote: [Replying to onewithhim]

God's Spiritual fire in the Lake of Devine Purging will deal with all of evil works of man both just and unjust.
Yes, all of EVIL works of man. None of the evil works are just. (You really don't make clear what you are actually saying.)

The lake of fire will indeed be God's way of dealing with the evil works of man. "Fire" is what is used to symbolize God's destructive powers over the wicked. The "lake of fire" symbolizes total obliteration.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to post 33 by onewithhim]

When you look at something spiritual like the Book of Revelation you need to see what God's Word is saying about fire not your religious bias. The Book of Revelation is a spiritual book not a physical book and see the JW reject the Spirit of Truth good luck. God does not roast hot dogs or people with fire he burns up the sin but not the people.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #35

Post by onewithhim »

Benoni wrote: [Replying to post 33 by onewithhim]

When you look at something spiritual like the Book of Revelation you need to see what God's Word is saying about fire not your religious bias. The Book of Revelation is a spiritual book not a physical book and see the JW reject the Spirit of Truth good luck. God does not roast hot dogs or people with fire he burns up the sin but not the people.
God doesn't literally burn up anybody. Annihilation is symbolized by fire. A wicked person will just go to sleep and never wake up. Merciful.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to onewithhim]

Chapter and verse please???? The word fire come from the Greek word "pur" which we get our English words pure, purify and purge and yes even purgatory. God's fire purges out the sin nature. There is no difference between the cloven tongues fire on the day of Pentecost and the fire in the lake of fire. Its all God's fire. Can you prove to me these fires are different? God's fire refines us.

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and the Lord whom ye seek, shall SUDDENLY COME TO HIS TEMPLE, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for HE IS LIKE A REFINER'S FIRE, and like fuller's soap: and he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall PURIFY THE SONS OF LEVI, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness" (Mal. 3:1-3).

onewithhim
Savant

Post #37

Post by onewithhim »

Benoni wrote: [Replying to onewithhim

Can you prove to me these fires are different? God's fire refines us.
I would venture on this challenge, but I have seen that I can't prove anything to you because you are not open to even considering someone else's point of view. You delight in calling names and casting aspersions on people's integrity. No thanks.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by Benoni »

[Replying to onewithhim]

You are wrong. You can prove anything to me if you show the proof. There are multiple of verses in the Bible that shows us what God's fire is all about. God is a spirit and His Word is spiritual and so is His fire. Here is an example of another fire Daniels friend’s thrown in the Fiery Furnace in Babylon. Only their bondages were burn.

Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counselors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Babylon always speaks of the world run by man be it the financial, political or religious systems. Baby-lon (note spelling (joke) is a golden cup in the lands of the Lord.

Jeremiah 51:7 Babylon hath been a golden cup in the Lord's hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by Benoni »

AND THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT A 'GEOGRAPHICAL' LOCATION. IT IS A REALM OF SPIRIT, IN GOD THAT CANNOT BE SEPARATED FROM GOD, FOR OUR GOD IS THAT CONSUMING FIRE. AND SO ARE HIS MINISTERS, FOR HE MAKETH HIS MINISTERS AS A FLAME OF FIRE. IN OTHER WORDS, THE OVERCOMERS ARE THE MINISTERING FLAMES OF THE FIRE OF GOD. AND THEY IN UNITY, AND JOINED TOGETHER FORM THAT LAKE INTO WHICH THE UNGODLY, THE SINNER, THE REPROBATE, WHOREMONGERS, ADULTERERS, AND ALL LIARS AND ALL THAT ARE IN THE REALM OF 1ST DEATH ARE CAST. THE OVERCOMER IN CHRIST, IN THE BODY OF CHRIST - IS THAT LAKE. THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT SEPARATION -*FROM*- GOD, IT IS A SEPARATION -*TO*- GOD. NO ONE IS EXEMPT FROM THIS JOINING TO GOD, HIS LOVE IS FAR FAR FAR FAR TOO STRONG TO LET ANY SOUL BE LOST, JESUS LEAVES THE 99 SHEEP IN THE FOLD TO SEEK AND SEEK AND SEEK AND SEEK AND SEEK UNTIL HE FINDS THAT ONE THAT IS LOST ON THE CLIFF OF DESTRUCTION, THEN HE SAVES AND SAVES AND SAVES AND SAVES CAUSE THAT IS WHAT JESUS IS, OUR SAVIOUR, THE SAVIOUR OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #40

Post by Elijah John »

Benoni wrote: AND THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT A 'GEOGRAPHICAL' LOCATION. IT IS A REALM OF SPIRIT, IN GOD THAT CANNOT BE SEPARATED FROM GOD, FOR OUR GOD IS THAT CONSUMING FIRE. AND SO ARE HIS MINISTERS, FOR HE MAKETH HIS MINISTERS AS A FLAME OF FIRE. IN OTHER WORDS, THE OVERCOMERS ARE THE MINISTERING FLAMES OF THE FIRE OF GOD. AND THEY IN UNITY, AND JOINED TOGETHER FORM THAT LAKE INTO WHICH THE UNGODLY, THE SINNER, THE REPROBATE, WHOREMONGERS, ADULTERERS, AND ALL LIARS AND ALL THAT ARE IN THE REALM OF 1ST DEATH ARE CAST. THE OVERCOMER IN CHRIST, IN THE BODY OF CHRIST - IS THAT LAKE. THE LAKE OF FIRE IS NOT SEPARATION -*FROM*- GOD, IT IS A SEPARATION -*TO*- GOD. NO ONE IS EXEMPT FROM THIS JOINING TO GOD, HIS LOVE IS FAR FAR FAR FAR TOO STRONG TO LET ANY SOUL BE LOST, JESUS LEAVES THE 99 SHEEP IN THE FOLD TO SEEK AND SEEK AND SEEK AND SEEK AND SEEK UNTIL HE FINDS THAT ONE THAT IS LOST ON THE CLIFF OF DESTRUCTION, THEN HE SAVES AND SAVES AND SAVES AND SAVES CAUSE THAT IS WHAT JESUS IS, OUR SAVIOUR, THE SAVIOUR OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

You've seen this before, but this is another final warning for you. You are already on the verge, it would be advisable for you to mend your ways, immediately.

This is preaching, not debate. Using your faith as a rhetorical weapon may be acceptable for a street corner preacher, but not here on this debating site..

Your post is way out of line on so many levels.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.