Lets see if you could top this!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Bust Nak
Savant

Lets see if you could top this!

Post #1

Post by Bust Nak »

Last night I visited the sacristy of our local Catholic church during a tour. The priest, who is a friend of ours, opened the safe and shown us what's inside. He picked out an unassuming cross with a little window in the centre. No surprise there, Catholic churches are suppose have relics. What is surprising is that it is a fragment of the True Cross, fully official and sanctified, with an ancient letter of authenticity from the Vatican. Who would have guessed that our local church, not even a cathedral, had such a thing. (Possibly common knowledge amongst church goers, but not to an atheist like me.)

We pass the reliquary around in the group. It didn't matter to me if it was real or not. The priest believed it was real, the Church believed it was real, the group I was with believed it was real; and it was a real privilege to be allowed to handle it.

So which of you can say, "I held a piece of the True Cross in my hands?"

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Lets see if you could top this!

Post #2

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to post 1 by Bust Nak]

Oh ya? Right now, in my very lungs are molecules of air that Jesus breathed! I am a walking reliquary. Top that!

https://rsloan.newsvine.com/_news/2009/ ... s-of-jesus

:)

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 2 by benchwarmer]

Okay, which of you can say, "I held a piece of the True Cross in my hands AND held the air that Jesus breathed in my lungs?"

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #4

Post by benchwarmer »

Bust Nak wrote: [Replying to post 2 by benchwarmer]

Okay, which of you can say, "I held a piece of the True Cross in my hands AND held the air that Jesus breathed in my lungs?"
Yes, but did you really inhale? :) I see a tabloid article forming now. "Did Bust really inhale while holding the True Cross? See detailed photos inside now!"

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

benchwarmer wrote:
Bust Nak wrote: [Replying to post 2 by benchwarmer]

Yes, but did you really inhale? :) I see a tabloid article forming now. "Did Bust really inhale while holding the True Cross? See detailed photos inside now!"
Some are saying the photos are fake coming at six.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Zzyzx »

Someone said that if all relics of the 'real authentic cross' were true, it was the size of the Brooklyn Bridge (and also perhaps for sale as well).
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #7

Post by Bust Nak »

Zzyzx wrote: Someone said that if all relics of the 'real authentic cross' were true, it was the size of the Brooklyn Bridge (and also perhaps for sale as well).
The priest mentioned this, he says it isn't true when you exclude the non-Vatican-approved bits.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by rikuoamero »

Zzyzx wrote: .
Someone said that if all relics of the 'real authentic cross' were true, it was the size of the Brooklyn Bridge (and also perhaps for sale as well).
I'll take ten! throws credit card at screen

Nuts...didn't work.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense