Pressing matters of the day and of all time, debated among thoughtful participants of all faiths

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic
Burninglight
First Post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm  Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible? Reply with quote

Allah means God in Arabic or the god as some contend. Muslims say yes he is the same god and some Christians say yes he is as well, but many Christians say "no He is not." The God in the Bible has a son, but Allah says he doesn't. Muslims say Christians associate partners unto God, but Christians say that is not true and that they are monotheistic or that God is one.

Muslims do not believe when Christians say they are not polytheistic. Christians say Muhammad isn't a confirmed Biblical prophet, but Muslims say he is. Muslims say the Bible has been corrupted, but Christians say the Quran is corrupted.

The Bible says Ishmael is no prophet. Muslims say he is. Jesus said he is "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." Muslims say he was that for his time and for the Jews he came only. Christians say that Jesus is the truth for all time and all people and that Jesus never said I show the truth or the way.

The Quran says that Jesus is not the word of God made flesh, but the Bible says he is. Muslims don't have eternal security, but Christians say we can know now from the Bible if we will be saved and know now if we have eternal life because God assures us. Christians believe that Jesus is Deity, but Muslim so no he is just a prophet or messenger.

Any of these topics on this thread are welcome and open for discussion and or debate!
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 101: Mon May 16, 2016 9:52 pm
Reply
Re: A closer look at the Catechism's claims on the Trinity

Like this post
[Replying to post 97 by alexx]

I'm not sure what you mean by your statements in this post. Could you please clarify for me?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 102: Mon May 16, 2016 9:57 pm
Reply

Like this post
koko wrote:

That while many Christians and others condemn Islam on the grounds that it is "sexist" and "anti-female", the fact is that this religion is the fastest growing in the world. That in Europe and in the USA 70% of its converts are women.


Irrelevant. Your argument is based on the premise that women cannot convert to a sexist ideology, but that's not the case at all. There's nothing logically preventing women from adhering to an anti-woman ideology, and so pointing out that most converts to Islam are women does nothing to refute the claim that the teachings of Islam are sexist.

koko wrote:

That the vast majority of these are white women.


Also irrelevant. What does the racial background of a religion's converts have to do with the truth or morality of a religion?

koko wrote:
That these converts are producing children at a far faster rate than any other religion.


Please provide a source for this claim.

koko wrote:
And that because of the pace of this growth, by the end of the century Muslims will be the majority religion in this world.


Please provide a source for this claim.

koko wrote:
Question: if Islam is as sexist as claimed by its critics, why are women converting to it at such huge numbers?


Because they find something attractive about the religion. This doesn't mean that it isn't harmful, just that it may be attractive for some reason. After all, millions of people choose to start smoking tobacco even when they know the harm that tobacco use causes.

koko wrote:
Why are religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and others failing to attract so many women?


Who says that these religions are not also sexist?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 103: Tue May 17, 2016 7:35 am
Reply

Like this post
These are questions you may want to direct to those women who convert to Islam. An even more significant question is, why are they not converting to Christianity if it is so protective and non-sexist as some say it is?




As for population growth, that is subject to speculation and I do not have time to research it much but here is one article:

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/5632/uk_muslim_population_of_26_million_by...


I cannot say it is reliable as factors can readily change within short periods of time. By the way, others deny these claims quite vigorously.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 104: Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 am
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 103 by koko]

I never said Christianity wasn't sexist. I think it is, though maybe a bit less oppressive than Sunni Islam. All Abrahamic religions are misogynistic.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 105: Tue May 17, 2016 7:07 pm
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to Haven]



Not sure that I want to characterize any religion as such. Compare Islam to Hinduism and to Hindu society where female infanticide and genocide is practiced FAR more than all societies combined:



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infanticide_in_India

http://dvkperiyar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/genocide-of-women-in-hinduism.p...




This holocaust surpasses what Hitler did. Yet, there is virtually no criticism from the West or the East.


By contrast, Islam has the greatest female conversion rate in the world.


So which religion(s) is/are the most sexist? Abrahamic or pagan?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 106: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 am
Reply
Re: Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians &

Like this post
McCulloch wrote:

Artie wrote:

How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god? Allah doesn't have a son...


So which is it.
  1. The Christians and the Muslims believe different things about the same god? The Christians, for example, believe that God has a Son while the Muslims believe that God cannot have a Son. OR
  2. The Christians and the Muslims believe in two distinct gods?


It is a). Same God, different beliefs about that God. It should be pointed out that Jews don't believe God has a (literal) Son either.

Yet all three, Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, Yahweh, although Muslims know Him as "Allah".

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 107: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 pm
Reply
Re: Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians &

Like this post (2): ttruscott, Falling Light 101
Elijah John wrote:



Yet all three, Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, Yahweh, although Muslims know Him as "Allah".


Is a table with its top removed still a table? Muhammad had jumbled ideas of Judaism and Christianity and the system he cobbled together produced Allah, a derivative from Yahweh. Since Muhammad wasn't in the business of inventing new gods, Allah is Yahweh with a personality change. Given the state of the world today, it is a dangerous personality change, far removed from the God of Love in the NT.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 108: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 am
Reply
Hello There.

Like this post
I am learning more about this Forum . I want to Read The Entire Posts before I Comment on it. Look Interesting.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 109: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 am
Reply

Like this post
I may have raised this point earlier but Jews and Christians call God Father. Muslims do not.

In fact Father is not one of the 99 names of Allah.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 110: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:58 pm
Reply
Still Reading all these Posts. Hi There.

Like this post
............... I do know that On MAY 1985 -

POPE John Paul II - repeated ROMES DECLARATION TO AUDIENCE OF THOUSANDS.
THE POPE said: “CATHOLICS, Muslims, WE have MANY THINGS IN COMMON as BELIEVERS and as human beings...WE BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD.

http://www.letusreason.org/RC25.htm

& http://focusonjerusalem.com/tiesthatbind.html

While – Also The Pope kisses and bows to The Quran.

http://images.google.com/images?q=photos%20%20of%20pope%20kissing%20quran&hl...

I also know that Roman Catholics are SOLA QURAN regarding The Prophecies, Revelations, Messages and Faith of Their FATHER Mohammud.

I do not believe that Islam is an - ABRAHAMIC Religion.

The Fact is - There is not a single ONE proof on the planet proving that islam eXisted BEFORE the 7th CENTURY... nothing. Not even a scratch on a cave wall eXists PROOVING a single soul on the planet was A MUSLIM,before the 7 Th. century.

Roman Catholics follow these REVELATIONS and Prophecies of Mohammad. The Prophecies and Revelations He received - That He was a Descendant of Ishmael, AND That Ishmaelites were a still a LIVING group of people alive at the time of Mohammud.

The prophecies and Revelations that The Ishmaelites were Given an Abrahamic Covenant by God.

The prophecies and Revelations that Allah was the God of Abraham. All of these Catholic Teachings are proven wrong by the Bible and Also by basic World History. FACTS.

Mohammad is a Spiritual Father of This Roman Catholic Faith.

Mohammad is a Prophet and a Revelator unto the Roman Catholic Church.

And A Spiritual Father. Roman Catholics are SIMPLY - SOLA QURAN.

The Pope and Roman Catholic Followers Demand that Mohammads Prophecies are Truth. They DEMAND that these REVELATIONS that He received are Truth.

The Popes and Catholic Followers write Books, Articles and make Public Statements before Millions of People - Demanding that The Bible is Equal to the Quran and that Muslims are Serving the Same God as Abraham. And Also demanding that Mohammad was a Descendant of Ishmael -

AND Catholics Push the PROPHECY and REVELATION of Mohammad - that Ishmaelites are still a LIVING Group of people , STILL alive eXiting today.

But the Bible tells up CLEARLY that all of these Revelations and Quranic Prophecies are not TRUE. Roman Catholics are SOLA QURAN - Concerning these Teachings, Prophecies and Revelations of Mohammad and His Quran.

This really confuses people , Deceiving and Tricking People into the Deceptions, Revelations and Prophecies of Mohammad.

If a Muslim Terrorist commits Terrorism and Kills thousands of People, Then that Must mean that Abraham is just a Little UPSET TODAY.

If A Muslim jihadi Terrorist kills someone or blows up a building or crowd of people. Then That Means that Abraham is Simply Having a Bad Day Today.


While the Pope Condemns Israel - when She Defends Herself. The Pope's had no Problem in themselves defending their own Property and own Cities, against Muslims. Making War and Killing and Slaughtering Muslims, by the thousands. Today the Roman Catholics are pushing the IDEA that Muslims who are still on the WARPATH - can Be reasoned with by talking. but that never worked in the Past , For Roman Catholic Crusaders.

The Lie that Muslims are Following Abraham is a Catholic Teaching and DEMAND - that was REVEALED and PROPHECIED by Father Mohammad. And Goes against the BIBLE. In every single way.

The Pope and Roman Catholics are Pushing the REVELATIONS and PROPHECIES of their Father Mohammad and it is Causing people to be deceived and the bible has already Cleared all of this up. Could it be - That Catholics and many Protestants - Simply have no scriptures for their Faith. ?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version