The pursuit of knowledge and truth, through God, through science, through civil and engaging debate

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:53 pm
Facebook's demise

Like this post
I hear that there is a sociological study that predicts Facebook will crash due to trend burnout. That is, once something becomes common, it loses it's trendy appeal and becomes unmarketable. Do you think this is what will happen?

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 am

Like this post (1): ttruscott
Would these be the same people who claimed that Rock and Roll was only a fad? Abe Lincoln said, "It is hard enough to predict the past let alone the future." Albert Einstein said, "There will be a day when it will be commonplace to falsely attribute quotes to myself and other thought leaders on the internet."

Wink

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:33 am

Like this post
McCulloch wrote:

Would these be the same people who claimed that Rock and Roll was only a fad? Abe Lincoln said, "It is hard enough to predict the past let alone the future." Albert Einstein said, "There will be a day when it will be commonplace to falsely attribute quotes to myself and other thought leaders on the internet."

Wink

What? These are Academics at Princeton University! It's science. How can it be wrong? Wink "Facebook could lose 80 percent of users by 2017, report claims"

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Like this post
bluethread wrote:

McCulloch wrote:

Wink

What? These are Academics at Princeton University! It's science. How can it be wrong? Wink "Facebook could lose 80 percent of users by 2017, report claims"

let's see the back ground of the people making the claim.

Aerospace and mechanical engineering PH.D. candidates.

And, that gives them the background to make those claims??

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Like this post
Goat wrote:

bluethread wrote:

let's see the back ground of the people making the claim.

Aerospace and mechanical engineering PH.D. candidates.

And, that gives them the background to make those claims??

Bu, bu, but, they are using statistical analysis. That is how the government gauges the health of the economy. How can we get through the day, if we start question statistical analysis. Wail

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 6: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:48 pm
Re: Facebook's demise

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by bluethread]

Facebook is likely to pass out of style for another much simpler reason:

Something better will come along.

(Remember "My space"? Some don't.)

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 7: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm
Reply:

Like this post
bluethread wrote:

Well now it is 2017 and the prediction of loss has not happened.

According to statistics Facebook has about 1.86 billion active users. LINK

Based on that number then FB could loose 90 percent of its users and then just 10% would be 186 million users which would still be a huge format.

If any other website could get 100 million members then they would be a BIG success, while FB could loose 800 million and it would still be the King.

Of course if FB lost that many then the stocks would be in panic - but I doubt that Zuckerberg would be that concerned as it was an accident for him. LINK

Sweat

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 8: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:50 pm
Re: Facebook's demise

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by bluethread]

I don't think Facebook is a trendy fad. It might fade away but only when a replacement comes along that is far superior and appealing.

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter