Your very own usergroup

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Your very own usergroup

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Now, you can have your very own usergroup. Post in this thread the name that you'd like. I'll make sure the name conforms to the standards of this site and deduct 2500 tokens from you. Then, you'll be the owner and member of that usergroup. By default, people will be able to freely join your group. Or you can choose to confirm membership requests.

To request your personal usergroup, provide the following:
- Name of usergroup (40 character limit)
- Description (255 character limit)
- Note if you want to confirm membership from others (default will be no)

For an additional charge of 10,000 tokens, you can also have your own subforum for your usergroup. Please provide the following info:
- Name of usergroup (40 character limit)
- Description (80 character limit)

Subforum activity requirement:
- Subforums must maintain some activity in it. Subforums that do not have any activity for six months can get removed (posts made to simply bump threads do not count). There will be no refunds given for any subforums removed.

Additional restrictions:
- Do not add people to your group without their permission. Otherwise I will delete your group.
- Descriptions cannot point to personal websites. If a link is found to point to inappropriate and/or offensive material, the group will be deleted.

1/3/2011 Modification:
- Changed group price from 500 to 1000 tokens
- Changed subforum price from 2000 to 5000 tokens

1/12/2013 Modification:
- Added subforum activity requirement

12/31/2016 Modification:
- Changed group price from 1000 to 2500 tokens
- Changed subforum price from 5000 to 10,000 tokens
Last edited by otseng on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #41

Post by otseng »

Galphanore wrote: Name : Freethinkers
Group created.

Galphanore
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by Galphanore »

otseng wrote:
Galphanore wrote: Name : Freethinkers
Group created.
Thanks.
  • You are free to do what you want, but you are not free to want what you want.

otseng
Savant

Post #43

Post by otseng »

I'm requesting and creating a new usergroup "Brother's Keeper".

Joining this usergroup will mean abiding by a higher standard than set forth by the letter of the law in the rules. It will require an attempt to be totally blameless in attacking others and holding each other accountable to this.

Those who join that usergroup would agree to the following:
- Abide by the spirit of the rules of the forum.
- In a humble and loving attitude, privately contact a fellow Brother's Keeper when he/she is disrespectful or uncivil to any other forum member or when a rule is close to being violated.
- Be receptive to any private correction from a fellow Brother's Keeper and not defend one's own actions.

Only Christians may join this usergroup.

(was 8651.72, now 8151.72 tokens)

Chad
Apprentice

Post #44

Post by Chad »

What the heck...I'll throw away some tokens for a little fun.

Name : Pastafarian
Description : Pastafarians believe in the one true deity, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who created the universe and all we see. Each Friday is a holiday and pirates are divine beings. Our Heaven includes beer volcanoes as far as the eye can see and a stripper factory.
Fee : No fee/charge

otseng
Savant

Post #45

Post by otseng »

Chad wrote:Name : Pastafarian
Done. Group created.

otseng
Savant

Post #46

Post by otseng »

Created the Brother's Keeper subforum.

Deducted 1000 tokens from myself. (was 9823.67, now 8823.67)

Cmass
Guru

Post #47

Post by Cmass »

Inspired by a call for civility from Otseng, I propose a group called "Tries to be civil":

Members of this group are often very passionate and care deeply about their beliefs and non-beliefs. Recognizing that we are all human, or all sinners depending upon the belief system, members of this group promise to try their best to debate in a civil manner.

Membership requirements:

1) Admit that you are not always civil. Come on, admit it. :punch:
2) Promise that any temper tantrums that leak out are a reflection of your own weakness and not because you are a genius debater going in for the kill. :anger:
3) Edit the questionability out of questionable posts when possible. (otherwise see requirement #5)
4) Promise to take a break from the forum if you feel compelled to answer a post in anger by taking a walk, doing 50 push ups or repeating the words "The sixth sick shiek's sixth sheep's sick" 3 times fast. :raving:
5) Recognize that the word "sorry" is not a 4 letter word, it is a 5 letter word like "laugh". Even if it was spelled "sawri" it would still be a 5 letter word. :confused2:
6) You participate in this forum for one or more of the following reasons: 1) to learn something new; 2) sharpen your debating skills 3) non-destructive entertainment; 4) meet friends; 5) sleeping pills won't work anymore.
7) You admit to yourself it is very unlikely you will convert people to Christianity or make a Christian into an atheist while participating in this forum and your attitude reflects this. (see #6)

If you are willing to follow the above rules you will be granted membership to this exclusive group. Benefits include lower blood pressure, less stress, a computer screen and keyboard less prone to damage and a child less likely to repeat your curse words at school the next day.
(Note: This is an equal opportunity group. If you unable to follow the above rules because you are an anarchist, you can still join but only if you accidentally follow the rules on purpose.)

otseng
Savant

Post #48

Post by otseng »

Cmass wrote:Inspired by a call for civility from Otseng, I propose a group called "Tries to be civil":
Group created. (I also joined your group)

(was 4274.99 tokens, now 3774.99)

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #49

Post by MagusYanam »

I actually had a twofold request:

a.) Is it possible to leave a usergroup I created? I've been doing some thinking and there are parts of Confucian doctrine I can't really reconcile with my own personal convictions - the role of tradition and ritual, for one. Also, the nature of love as being family-centred rather than something you can extend to the whole world I think is problematic. As such, I'd like to request to leave the Confucian usergroup and make Lainey the group moderator.

b.) I would like to create a usergroup 'Mohist'. The requirements for joining would be the following:

- Follower of Micius (Mozi) who believes that love should ideally be extended to the whole world
- Must have a commitment to pacifism, an ethic that is relatively utilitarian, a sceptical or iconoclastic approach to tradition and a love of reason and rational argument as a method of solving problems.
- An interest in completely useless logical and philosophical conundrums and paradoxes is not required, but it is highly encouraged.

Thanks,

MagusYanam
If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe.

- Søren Kierkegaard

My blog

otseng
Savant

Post #50

Post by otseng »

MagusYanam wrote: a.) Is it possible to leave a usergroup I created? I've been doing some thinking and there are parts of Confucian doctrine I can't really reconcile with my own personal convictions - the role of tradition and ritual, for one. Also, the nature of love as being family-centred rather than something you can extend to the whole world I think is problematic. As such, I'd like to request to leave the Confucian usergroup and make Lainey the group moderator.
Done.
b.) I would like to create a usergroup 'Mohist'. The requirements for joining would be the following:
Added. The description was shortened and a link was added to your full description.

500 tokens charged (was 7306.73, now 6806.73)