If Jesus is Jehovah (YHVH)

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

If Jesus is Jehovah (YHVH)

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

If Jesus is Jehovah, as some say, what then is the name of the Father?

Presumably He has one, as Jesus teaches us in the Lord's prayer to "hallow" the Father's name.
Last edited by Elijah John on Mon May 22, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

marco
Savant

Post #21

Post by marco »

Faber wrote: They are not special definitions.
One simply chooses or not chooses to play make believe with how the words of the Bible are properly defined.
And presumably you know the telephone number of the person who makes the correct definitions, as opposed to the silly definitions in standard lexicons?

I suppose if we define the Immaculate Conception as parthenogenesis we can have a few pages of pointless argument. You have used the phrase "play make believe" several times. Is someone selling this cheaply?

Faber
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Faber »

Many lexicons affirm one thing but you (with no Greek expertise) come along and declare them wrong. It's not difficult to figure out which side to believe.

Parthenogenesis is not found in the Bible.

In answer to your question, the reason why I use it is because you keep doing it. Here's a new one:
You can keep supplying fairy tale definitions all you want but that won't change the reality of how the words of the Bible are properly defined.
I can also say that you engage in Humpty Dumptyism.
viewtopic.php?t=32507&start=50

Remember, Humpty Dumpty "had a great fall."
Last edited by Faber on Wed May 24, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faber
Scholar

Post #23

Post by Faber »

In terms of you "silly definitions in standard lexicons" assertion I offer the following remedy to aid you in this bewildered state of incoherence:

"No single translation trumps another, and when differences of opinion arise regarding various translations, Hebrew and Greek sources will have a greater authority."
viewtopic.php?t=11496

I think that there might be an ever so slight of a chance that you have seen the above citation before.
The policy of this forum affirms one thing but you come bumbling along attacking it.

Clue up! :tongue:

marco
Savant

Post #24

Post by marco »

Faber wrote: In terms of you "silly definitions in standard lexicons" assertion I offer the following remedy to aid you in this bewildered state of incoherence:

"No single translation trumps another, and when differences of opinion arise regarding various translations, Hebrew and Greek sources will have a greater authority."
viewtopic.php?t=11496

I think that there might be an ever so slight of a chance that you have seen the above citation before.
The policy of this forum affirms one thing but you come bumbling along attacking it.
You have completely misunderstood my post. And I need no reminding of forum rules.
We are not dealing with "various translations". When you write:

"Many lexicons affirm one thing but you (with no Greek expertise) come along and declare them wrong. It's not difficult to figure out which side to believe "

you know perfectly well that we are dealing with YOUR interpretation of what the English definitions say. It's got nothing to do with Greek or Hebrew sources, nor indeed my competence in understanding them. Before we sprint we should learn to walk, and understanding English is a key factor in debate.

Now let us stick to the topic.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #25

Post by Elijah John »

Faber wrote: I offer the following remedy to aid you in this bewildered state of incoherence:

....but you come bumbling along attacking it.

Clue up! :tongue:
:warning: Moderator Warning

Appealing to the rules is your right, but it is best just to report the variance. However in telling your opponent to "clue up", and that he is in a "bewildered state of incoherence", and that he "comes "bumbling along" you are in the wrong.

Obnoxious and uncivil tone, bordering on personal attack.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #26

Post by onewithhim »

Faber wrote: They are not special definitions.
One simply chooses or not chooses to play make believe with how the words of the Bible are properly defined.
Some people choose to ignore all reason, and cast aside any discussion on a subject that they already have their minds made up about. Much has been posted on these threads concerning the questionable state of your teaching. Yet it goes unrecognized. I hope that threads that are so damaging to others' understanding of important issues will readily be relegated to the misty realms of by-gone topics.